Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing your mind about bringing checked-in baggage?

2 posters

Go down

Changing your mind about bringing checked-in baggage? Empty Changing your mind about bringing checked-in baggage?

Post by sprite Mon 9 Mar 2009 - 2:29

Hi folks,

I've got a flight booked for April, and at the time of booking I opted for online checkin and therefore just hand luggage, which is usually fine for my trips. However, I'm now thinking that it might be more convenient for this trip if I bring a bag to check in too.

Is this possible? I'm sure it is, could anyone clarify the procedure?

1. Check in online or not?
2. Turn up at the airport (Stansted) and go to that little sales desk, say I want to check in at the airport, pay the fee, and pay the fee for the bag?
3. Then go to the self service machine and drop the bag at the baggage drop?

Also, would I have to do this both ways or could I sort it all at Stansted.

Orrrr.. is it possible that I could somehow sort it all before the day of the flight?
sprite
sprite
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Changing your mind about bringing checked-in baggage? Empty Re: Changing your mind about bringing checked-in baggage?

Post by King of Ryanland Mon 9 Mar 2009 - 9:08

Go onto www.ryanair.com and look for the "Manage my booking" button of the left. There you can type in E-Mail adress and Confirmation number to enter you're booking. Anything can be amended, from check-in baggage to sports equipment or priority boarding. After completing that and paying for the selected extras you will get a new confirmation mail stating a new booking overview.

Of course you can also wait and do it at the airport. However I wouldn't, because they charge more and you'll have to queue again.
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Changing your mind about bringing checked-in baggage? Empty Re: Changing your mind about bringing checked-in baggage?

Post by sprite Mon 9 Mar 2009 - 17:15

Hiya Smile Thanks a lot for this reply. I somehow missed it when I did check under manage my booking!

I've sorted it now, so I'm good to go! I know people criticise Ryanair for charging for such extras but when you don't use them it does make for some cheap flying Very Happy
sprite
sprite
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum