Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October

+8
fly4w4y
ruinair
Rich00cap
stevestrac
underfish
Master_Dn
atoutprix
amnesia
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October Empty Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October

Post by amnesia Tue 10 Mar 2009 - 15:21

Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (10 March) announced it will move to 100% web check-in from 1st
October 2009. This move will allow all passengers, including those
travelling with checked baggage, to check-in online thereby avoiding
time wasting queues and delays at airport check-in desks.

Ryanair’s web check-in service is open from 15 days to 4 hours
before the scheduled departure time of each flight. Web check-in can be
accessed via ryanair.com using booking confirmation numbers or flight
details to retrieve each reservation.

Having printed their boarding cards at home passengers without
check-in bags can continue to proceed directly through airport security
while those with check-in bags can simply present at one of Ryanair’s
“drop desks” before proceeding through airport security to the boarding
gate. This will free passengers from wasting hours at airports prior to
departure and will dramatically reduce travel times for all Ryanair
passengers.

Ryanair will phase in the introduction of its 100% web check-in as follows:

· Phase 1: From 19th
March 2009, Ryanair’s web check-in service will be extended to (a) non
EU/EEA citizens, (b) passengers travelling with checked baggage and (c)
reduced mobility customers.

Customers choosing web check-in and travelling with only carry-on
bags will continue to enjoy this service free of charge. A web check-in
fee of £5/€5 per person/per flight will apply to passengers travelling
with checked baggage, while customers who wish to use airport check-in
will be charged an airport check-in fee of £10/€10 per person/per
flight at the time of booking.

· Phase 2: From 1st
May 2009 all new bookings will be required to use web check-in, and the
use of traditional airport check-in desks will be phased out over the
summer months. The web check-in fee of £5/€5 per person, per flight
will apply to all new bookings (except promotional fares) from 1st
May 2009. In order to dissuade passengers from using airport check-in
desks, the fee for airport check-in will double to £20/€20 per
person/per flight at the time of booking.

· Phase 3: From
1st October 2009 airport check-in desks will no longer be available at
any Ryanair airport. All passengers will be required to web check-in
and those who have checked in bags will use the airport “bag drop”
desks, if required. From this date, children under the age of 16 will
no longer be able to travel unaccompanied and passports and national ID
cards will be the only accepted forms of photo ID on Ryanair flights.
So, I don't think it will lower my travel costs, as I was always using carry-on bags since more than one year. I was paying nothing for that and from second phase it seems I will be forced to pay €5 per flight. This way flight circles make no sense.
OK, except promotional fares... What does it mean? mon-thu and sat only and only for promoted flights. It means that Wro which has been cutted with SNN, HHN, NRN, NYO, GRO, ALC connections down to 2weekly there is no damn possibility to find short (let's say 3, or 4 days) trip to wherever.
Airport taxes, web check in's now, sorry I'm ungry as my costs raised right now little bit... Crying or Very sad
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October Empty Re: Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October

Post by atoutprix Tue 10 Mar 2009 - 15:43

Phase 2: From 1st May 2009 all new bookings will be required to use web check-in, and the use of traditional airport check-in desks will be phased out over the summer months. The web check-in fee of £5/€5 per person, per flight will apply to all new bookings (except promotional fares)from 1st May 2009.

If I understand correctly, web check-in, which is free at the moment, will cost 5 euros/pounds from 1st May.
Thus, MOL will gain on two counts :
- no check-in personnel to pay any more
- all passengers to pay a check-in fee

"Except promotional fares" : does it mean that the check-in fee will be included in the price of the ticket, and that the promotional fares will be 5 euros cheaper ? Not clear ...

It remains that the total price will be raised for hand luggage only travellers. Rather unsatisfactory, if you ask me... No
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October Empty Re: Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October

Post by Master_Dn Tue 10 Mar 2009 - 19:53

Under European laws the advertised price of airline tickets must contain all mandatory fees like this 5€ web-check in fee. Let's wait and see. In my opinion Ryanair won't go ahead with and extra 5€ charge for every one. That would be more 10€ or 20€ for each trip. I welcome this web-check in move but only if we ( people who already check-in online ) don't get an extra charge. These 5€ are a very stupid move.
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by underfish Tue 10 Mar 2009 - 23:40

I've been waiting for these news for years as I'm not EU-citizen and should check-in at airport even if I carried only hand luggage. Now on-line check-in is available for non-EU citizens, but for the same 5 EUR as airport check-in before, I'm frustrated.

It seams that 5 EUR should be included to taxes/fees from 1st of May as we can't avoid them.
underfish
underfish
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Wed 11 Mar 2009 - 1:55

If you read Amnesia's original post, which I believe to be a statement from Ryanair, the €5 and I will quote the original text.

A web check-in
fee of £5/€5 per person/per flight will apply to passengers travelling
with checked baggage, while customers who wish to use airport check-in
will be charged an airport check-in fee of £10/€10 per person/per
flight at the time of booking.

The additional £5/€5 will ONLY apply to passengers who check-in ON-LINE WITH checked-in baggage. Travel with hand luggage is free and will NOT incur the £5/€5 fee and as such, they will not be required to advertise this "extra" fee.

It's the way I read it.
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Wed 11 Mar 2009 - 3:11

Steve, you've quoted so called first phase. The second starts with words, that
May 2009 all new bookings will be required to use web check-in,
The web check-in fee of £5/€5 per person, per flight
May 2009.
The "will apply to all new bookings" scaring me a lot, as in my logic it supposed to mean, that everyone will be charged like that. In my opinion it makes no sense and is irrational, but Ryanair's informations are very often constructed with unlogical way of thinking and not suited to each other sentences. For example ok, I'll pay that €5 taxie shmaxie even if I travel with my backpack only and what about people with standard large baggage?
All we have to do is to wait and see what did they have in their minds.
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Wed 11 Mar 2009 - 11:55

I see what you mean there. The way I would understand it / read it, is that they have mentioned the new fee for on-line checked-in baggage in Phase 1.....

A web check-in fee of £5/€5 per person/per flight will apply to passengers travelling with checked baggage,

However, the wording in Phase 2 is slightly different being......

The web check-in fee of £5/€5 per person, per flight will apply to all new bookings (except promotional fares) from 1st May 2009.

So, in the Phase 1 puote, Ryanair are introducing you to the new charge by saying "A fee etc etc", in Phase 2 they refer back to the new charge by saying "THE new fee etc etc".

I can see there can be a bit of a mis-understanding with that, but I do believe that is what they are trying to say personally.
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich00cap Wed 11 Mar 2009 - 18:42

This is classic Ryanair, by removing the airport check in and making online check in compulsory you have no choice but to pay £5 each way for the privelege of printing your OWN boarding pass with your own paper, ink and pc etc. MOL says all of their fees are avoidable and optional like baggaage and debit cards fees but this is unavoidable!
It's the end of FREE FLIGHTS as every flight will cost a minimum of £5 each way, will it stop them advertising free flights? I doubt it. So much for encouraging hand baggage only travel.
Think FR will lose some friends over this....
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Master_Dn Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 0:31

they said there will be special offers where you will not pay check-in. but i can't get why the hell we have to pay a check-in fare ? and what if I don't want to check-in ? if it is a mandatory fare, it should be a part of the ticket.
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 1:46

Phase 1, second paragraph states.

Customers choosing web check-in and travelling with only carry-on bags will continue to enjoy this service free of charge.

The £5/€5 charge appears only to apply to those wishing to "Bag Drop" their luggage at the airport. This will cover the costs of, printing off luggage labels, the staff member at the baggage drop and also the baggage handlers wages. Also, any other services required to transport the bag you've needed to put into the hold of the aircraft (for whatever reason), from the terminal to the aircraft and then at the other end from the aircraft to the baggage reclaim area.

Go with just hand luggage, as is currently happening, you will avoid the £5/€5 charge.

Short of calling Ryanair and asking for clarification, at silly price for a phone call, I really do think, wait and see. I have read through this many many times today, and although the wording could be slightly clearer, I do believe what I read and the charges are purely for luggage going into the hold of the aircraft.

After reading it throughout the day, it has made me curious. What is going to happen, when "Mr Businessman" turns up at the airport, frantically trying to get to the all-important business meeting somewhere in Ryanair-land after the 1st October 2009? Especially when it says this..........

· Phase 3: From
1st October 2009 airport check-in desks will no longer be available at any Ryanair airport. All passengers will be required to web check-in and those who have checked in bags will use the airport “bag drop” desks, if required. From this date, children under the age of 16 will no longer be able to travel unaccompanied and passports and national ID cards will be the only accepted forms of photo ID on Ryanair flights

So "Mr Businessman", wants to spend a few hundred £ or € for a flight to their business meeting, goes to the ticket desk, pays. Now HOW is he going to check-in?

I think there still needs to be a slight bit of refinement to this plan.
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich00cap Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 18:10

"So "Mr Businessman", wants to spend a few hundred £ or € for a flight to their business meeting, goes to the ticket desk, pays. Now HOW is he going to check-in?"

Excellent point, there's always gonna be people who turn up at the airport willing to pay whatever to get on the next flight to wherever. For this money, and I'm not sure what the turn up and pay charge is- I'd be interested to know how much spontaneous travel costs by the way if anyone knows- I'd imagine ryanair would check them in and print the bording pass at the sales desk, they wouldn't pass up sales like that.
Interesting though...
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich00cap Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 18:15

atoutprix wrote: Phase 2: From 1st May 2009 all new bookings will be required to use web check-in, and the use of traditional airport check-in desks will be phased out over the summer months. The web check-in fee of £5/€5 per person, per flight will apply to all new bookings (except promotional fares)from 1st May 2009.

If I understand correctly, web check-in, which is free at the moment, will cost 5 euros/pounds from 1st May.
Thus, MOL will gain on two counts :
- no check-in personnel to pay any more
- all passengers to pay a check-in fee

:

I agree, it seems pretty clear to me that everyone will have to pay the fiver each way.... Sad
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 18:49

"The web check-in fee of £5/€5 per person, per flight
May 2009"

what on earth do i get in return for my €5? this is madness ....
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 19:39

Pay for toilet, pay for web check-in : is Ryanair really desperate for cash ? Or has MOL lost his bearings ?
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Mon 16 Mar 2009 - 23:36

Mmmmmm....I've read more and more times the 2nd step...where any costumer will pay £/€ 5.00.

It's clear that our next flights will cost £/€ 5.00 in general. No

Really I'm so interested about the named "Promotional fares", where MOL won't applied this new check-in fee.

I'm sure that something will happen in the next months...
Who will live...will see.
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Wed 18 Mar 2009 - 1:38

I've just read polish news section and translation this info into polish. It's clearly written that those €5 fee will be for everyone who book a flight after 1 may, no matter if the flight will be taken with or without large baggage. The last thing was not clearly marked word by word, but it's logical conclusion. What is not logical, is that in point #2 they've written, that after 1 may there will be no way to checkin at the airport, and few lines below they've written that pax must pay €20 if they want to checkin at the airport....
makes no sense...
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Wed 18 Mar 2009 - 21:24

It will not happen - otherwise it has got to be made crystal clear when buying the tickets.

It will end up for those wanting baggage, hand baggage travellers will not incur a fee!

After all, how can it be called an extra otherwise?
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 233
Location : London, UK. Nearest Base: STN -- HOME OF LOW FARES!
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October Empty 5EUR actually from TODAY on

Post by tobiboi Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 12:06

People, the situation seems to be even WORSE than they say in that 3-phases news. So they are simply lying regarding that web-check in fee. The web check in fee of 5 EUR per flight is charged to everybody from TODAY on even if you have cabin luggage only. They said from May, 1st, but it's actually from today! If you try to book a ticket now, the 5 EUR web check in fee will miraciously pop up on the very last page where you enter credit card details, even though on a previous page during the booking it was still written that online check in is for free.

So..... Perhaps it's a bug on their web-site? Very Happy
Anonymous
tobiboi

Back to top Go down

Post by Master_Dn Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 14:07

Prioritary boarding at 3€ now... they must be joking...
Travel insurance only to UK and Ireland...
but I can't see any 5€ online check-in fee...
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 14:41

I didn't see that this morning, but I will now check again. I think it is bug on the website if you did see it.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 14:49

I have just checked it, and it is free to check-in online and take 0 bags! If you take a bag and check-in online: £30; still reasonable. This is good news for families, or groups - as if you don't take a bag, you don't pay for desk-check in. Before, it used to cost £47.50 for 1 bag, but 3 checking in at the desk. And there was no way to change this Sad Unless you book twice...
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 14:51

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES

This says check-in online is costing €/£5.

Looks like to check-in, even with zero bags it will cost €/£10 per flight.

I think it is a bug... Unless they actually want to do that?!?! Can't understand why though.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October Empty fixed :)

Post by tobi Thu 26 Mar 2009 - 13:12

Yea.... I gues this was a bug (why don't they EVER have bugs from which we could benefit? Smile, later in the day they changed it and now it's 0 EUR. March, 19th for FR apparently begins at 12PM not 12AM Very Happy.
Anonymous
tobi

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 26 Mar 2009 - 16:59

The table still shows the 5EU charge... but I think it is for checked-in luggage only.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 5:51

Someone can explain me why the "table of fee"...into the Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October 870117 website...show the "online check-in" fee of €/£ 5 just now, at more then half month to the effective date?

Ryanair To Go 100% Web Check-In From October Fee

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES

Thanks in advance for your replies.
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next