Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bremen, the forgotten base?

+9
Ryanairflyer
fly4w4y
ryr-nick-fr
ruinair
amnesia
King of Ryanland
danieln
jqjjq
BoyRyan
13 posters

Go down

Bremen, the forgotten base? Empty Bremen, the forgotten base?

Post by BoyRyan Wed 18 Mar 2009 - 19:41

As living a hour and a half driving from Bremen, it's the most near for me.

This summer I will have my 16th flight from there so you can imagine that I watch any news in particular with great interest.

But the last few months we have seen bases come to Italy, more flights from CRL, even expansions at Lubeck and now Memmingen with 6 new routes at one time. Do not mention Weeze!

Without great fanfare Bremen-Dublin has been cancelled. Gothenburg (2x a week for a city destination, how stupid!) and Tenerife will disappear. Will not guess how long it is for Stockholm after summer 2009. Afternoon flight to Stansted will not come back.

Although I like Finland, a daily flight to Tampere? Haugesund, anyone?? Who makes these kind of desicions?

So I feel that my little (and very great) airport is forgotten. At the beginning of this year I was hopefull for a fourth plane, but that does not seem to happen.

There is still some room in the summer schedule for maybe 1 or 2 new destinations, but these will likely be filled up with some stupid ones where no-one flies and are cancelled at the end for the summer season.

It is not that FR has not made investments in Bremen, like their own dedicated terminal (do they got that anywhere else?).

Quit a rant but I want more, and sexy routes; Rome, Madrid, Marseille.....

So, has anybody got some comments, insights? Especially forum members from Nothern Germany and Holland.
BoyRyan
BoyRyan
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Bremen, the forgotten base? Empty Re: Bremen, the forgotten base?

Post by jqjjq Wed 18 Mar 2009 - 20:48

I hope they don't cut STN-BRE that much, I'm hoping to do a day trip this summer!
jqjjq
jqjjq
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by danieln Wed 18 Mar 2009 - 21:45

Whatever the future brings Boy Ryan: welcome at this forum ;-)

Nice to have someone from the North of the Netherlands.
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Ryanland Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 11:54

Welcome to the forum! I wouldn't say Bremen is forgotten, but as you say Ryanair is focusing on other markets right now. You're not too bad off with 3 based aircraft, but I share your view, a fourth one would be greatly appreciated.
Haugesund isn't a "stupid" destination at all. It is a great spot and close to the cultural top cities of Bergen and Stavanger! Tampere is great for a summer holiday around lakes in the middle of nowhere. Something a lot of Germans will probably want to do, so nothing stupid about a daily flight there either.

I hope next year will see expansion also coming to northern Germany, but as we all know right now there is no need for that, with the economy struggling heavily in regions like Bremen.

P.S.: They've got a dedicated pier in Stansted...
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 15:08

I agree, Tampere looks interesting for me as well as Norwegian destinations. In my opinion Bremen is very young base now, so if you have 3 aircrafts you need some time to Ryanair become profitable and recognizable branch in your market. Then it'll optionally push another one and better destinations.
I'm watching Reus right now - also young base. When I was waiting for a return flight there, there was only 6 flights on the departure screen. In whole day! All of them operated by planes based in Reus - nothing incoming. From new schedule, something has been changed, as CRL and probable HHN planes are flying there first. This way two new destinations have opportunity to be started :-)
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 17:33

i think its funny that 'Amnesia' is writing about the 'forgotten' base? Very Happy
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 18:50

What's funny in this? I'm just writing my thoughts Smile
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 23:18

no offence meant - doesnt 'amnesia' mean being forgetful in English?
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Sun 22 Mar 2009 - 20:47

I think eventually; they will expand more rapidly. Just got to wait... I say 2010 will be a very interesting year. More aircraft, more routes, more pax, doubled profits!
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 233
Location : London, UK. Nearest Base: STN -- HOME OF LOW FARES!
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 6:01

ruinair wrote:i think its funny that 'Amnesia' is writing about the 'forgotten' base? Very Happy
lol!
I agree! Very Happy
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sat 13 Jun 2009 - 13:49

Me and the family fly manchester to Bremen frequent.. city only a short tram ride away ..brilliant.

we normally use the cheap cheap tickets as a day out plane hop e.g

manchester to bremen a few hours in the city..onto stansted then to dublin ..sleepover dublin and fly back to manchester the following day.. great

our last trip was manchester frankfurt hann bergamo milan back to manchester.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Globemaster Sat 13 Jun 2009 - 16:15

........It would seem that you and your family are making maximum use of Ryanair's offers - well done ! JK
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Sun 2 Aug 2009 - 4:44

Well, seems BRE will get another plane in next schedule. The booking system said thad in september there are routes for three aircrafts. So I've taken for example 11 nov and that's how rotation looks like now:
1 06:00-11:05 GRO 11:30-14:55 GDN 16:05-19:15 HAU
2 06:30-10:40 KUN
3 06:30-09:35 STN 10:00-13:45 EDI 14:30-18:35 BGY 19:00-22:25 MAN
4 06:30-11:20 TMP 11:45-14:50 STN 15:40-18:55 TRF 19:25-22:30 STN

Seems some new routes, or frequencies will be anounced soon :-)
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Sat 5 Sep 2009 - 23:54

ryanair should have opened a route from bremen to carcassonne. it should be great for germans
Alexandre
Alexandre
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by EI-DCL Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 22:40

Ryanairflyer wrote:wow ryanair are known as far a way as india... cool, just curious how you know ryanair?

The internet perhaps?! Razz
EI-DCL
EI-DCL
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 1:24

EI-DCH wrote:
Ryanairflyer wrote:wow ryanair are known as far a way as india... cool, just curious how you know ryanair?

The internet perhaps?! Razz

https://ryanair.forumotion.com/the-airline-f5/please-help-t1700.htm

nar seems to be a freq flyer Shocked Razz
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 8:56

I'm travelling to Bremen mid Feb from liverpool (LPL), bremen seems to be the only german destination from liverpool.
Ryanair usually experiment with routes, if the capacity is high and there are no problems with the landing fee's and airport authorities then that route remains open seasonal or yearly.
The liverpool - Bremen route is likely to attract german tourists visiting liverpool/manchester and football fans, since most brits prefer sunshine destinations.
The berlin route would be nice, but ryanair will be merging with it's competitors, bremen has no competition from other airlines but has a smaller target audience.

Ryanair is was not recognised by my bolt bus passengers in Washington DC, but it is large enough to get noticed...

photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 9:54

£3 flights Liverpool/Bremen Feb... great place to visit for such little money...
I'm still looking to get to Hahn from Manchester via Dublin.. looking at the timetable even a return day trip is possible but the prices from Dublin to Hahn have not made it possible for me.... i will keep looking maybe each sector will be £3 or 3€ one day.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 10:20

Ryanairflyer wrote:£3 flights Liverpool/Bremen Feb... great place to visit for such little money...
I'm still looking to get to Hahn from Manchester via Dublin.. looking at the timetable even a return day trip is possible but the prices from Dublin to Hahn have not made it possible for me.... i will keep looking maybe each sector will be £3 or 3€ one day.

I've flown to Hahn twice from Stansted, frankfurt is a nice financial city and much cheaper than a direct flight to frankfurt am Main from manchester with any airline.
It seems a bit of a hassle getting to dublin though, but it is still cheaper/quicker than driving to Edinburgh or Stansted and getting a direct flight.
A pre-paid mastercard will save you £20 or more since you can only book flights separately.

£3 one way is very generous, but I've also managed to purchase a £6 round trip to Faro from Stansted airport for next month (booked last night). Getting to London is cheap by coach, and the stansted express train is unmanned and free since I use to commute to the airport regularly from Bishops Stortford and tottenham hale.
I much prefer a £3 one way from liverpool though, but stansted is it's biggest base and also it's cheapest but I'll only make a commute there if I can save £50!!!
Special occasions I suppose.

Flew with rynair once this year, 8 times last year and 14 times in 2009.
It is my new lifestyle, getting away for less than £10 on my days off work. I'm barely a week in the UK and I'm off again to liverpool or leeds airport.

Razz
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 10:31

Yes some great deals from London airports... im in Manchester so financially it is not worth me travelling down to a London hub for a day out.. now when the £3 offers are active for Manchester i can get to dublin then stansted and into europe.. the jetsetting starts again... or i simply stay in London for the night or a day return.. bishop stortford is a short ride away and has all that one needs.. mainly a pub Laughing
still if i get to fly once a month im happy but prefer once a week
Cool man Ryanair have spoilt us
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Tue 25 Jan 2011 - 11:01

Absolutely, I used to live in ipswich which is pretty rural. I'm originally a Lancashire lad so I found it pretty boring stuck in one town.

Ryanair's offer fares allowed me to get out of town, quite literally. And I was flying from Stansted nearly twice a month inbetween work for barely £6 return.
I've visited countries that I would never have visited or able to afford, and it was a big change from my usual once a yearly flight.

Now that I'm living in Manchester (stretford), I'm still finding it difficult leaving my feet on the ground.
You only live once and 'now' is the best time to fly before the cost of flying becomes 20 hours of work rather than one.
But stansted is an amazing airport, I was spoilt for choice since every destination for most months were priced at under £5 one way. And on some destinations I was able to make a day return due to the high frequency of flights: (stokholm/dublin/belfast/glasgow/sardinia/malaga/frankfurt/oslo/billund.

2009 was an amazing year...
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum