Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FLIGHTS : Five a day.

+3
stevestrac
atoutprix
Globemaster
7 posters

Go down

FLIGHTS : Five a day. Empty FLIGHTS : Five a day.

Post by Globemaster Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 20:54

Hi - Yesterday (April 01) I made my first attempt at flying five times with Ryanair in one day.

Stansted (EI-DAM) Cork (-DCW) Dublin (-DHF) Gatwick (-DLN) Dublin (-DCL) Stansted.
All went very well until the 2115 back to STN was delayed until 2300.

Today I flew Stansted (-DWB) Prestwick (-DWW) Belfast (-DWW) Stansted.
No problems.

JK
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

FLIGHTS : Five a day. Empty Re: FLIGHTS : Five a day.

Post by atoutprix Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 21:11

Congatulations !
I would like to know how you make the connections at DUB : do you exit and then pass through the security check again, or have you found a way to make a direct connection ?
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Globemaster Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 21:43

Thanks atoutprix ! I had plenty of time and wanted to go outside so I did not ask anyone about going direct through the check-point between the two terminals. I am doing the run again at the end of this month so I'll ask someone at that time. JK
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 2:12

Now I don't know how the computer system works at Stansted or Dublin, both of which, at the entry to the security area, they scan your bar-code on the boarding card. I would "ASSUME" and it's only a GUESS, that by getting your boarding card scanned it says you are now "air-side" and available for boarding your flight.

If you fail to do this, they could assume you are not at the airport and will depart without you, OR if you turn up at the gate "un-announced" so to speak, as you've not been scanned in at security, I would imagine a few questions would be asked of you.

Saying all that. In Dublin this would only be possible if you arrived on Pier A, where you could (by showing your boarding card for the next flight) say you've taken the wrong turning and need to get to Pier D. Unless your next flight departs from pier A, then you could go to gate. However, on Pier D, the arrivals and departures are seperate and would need to exit through passport and customs, before going through security for the next flight.

At Stansted it's pretty much the same as Dublin's Pier D unless you are on a domestic arrival, i.e. from Glasgow, Derry or Belfast and your next flight is from Gates 81-88.

I would always say allow enough time to get through Passport control and the next security.

If anyone has connected without leaving "air-side" without a problem at a gate where the boarding cards are scanned please feel free to comment.
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 12:13

Well, first of all there is no boarding card scanning at the security. As long as we are in schengen there is no need except of few countries (inc. PL-GB I guess). So all the staff is doing is to optionally check if you have a boarding card at all and if you're in right security area heading to right gates (in WRO and HHN for example).
I remember I was working in DUB and traveling to ekhm.... it was Canary I guess. I wanted to get some money from ATM and coudn't find the one of my bank. So I turned back little bit and was on the exit route from PierA. After I realise that there is no working ATM of Irish bank at all I wanted to turn back again and get to the "departures path". Then some security staff told me that it's impossible and all I must to do is to go out through baggage reclaim, main arrival gate, security again and pray to be on time at gates as the traffic at security is always LARGE. Even if I shown my airport ID to prove I'm working there she said sorry. So I used my ID to unblock some doors and using shortcuts was there again in 3 minutes, but normal pax would need at least 20 to do the same and only if know this airport very well. So unless 1,5 year ago there was no way to get to the gate without passing security again.

But, in Madrid it is possible. I took this way in february as I was going with main flow of pax from my incoming aircraft. Few seconds later I saw some transfer sign and decided to use that. I was little bit scared as I went to some empty parts of the airport with a lot of unused facility, but said to myself that unless some security find me and push on the right way Wink After five minutes of looking like a foreigner in the London City without a map and english language I've entered some part of terminal used by pax Wink Anyway it's possible to not use a security scanning there and this airport is so large that there is possible to make a real "Terminal" movie Wink
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Ryanland Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 12:17

stevestrac wrote:Now I don't know how the computer system works at Stansted or Dublin, both of which, at the entry to the security area, they scan your bar-code on the boarding card. I would "ASSUME" and it's only a GUESS, that by getting your boarding card scanned it says you are now "air-side" and available for boarding your flight.

If you fail to do this, they could assume you are not at the airport and will depart without you, OR if you turn up at the gate "un-announced" so to speak, as you've not been scanned in at security, I would imagine a few questions would be asked of you.

Well, as someone regularly doing 4 or 5 flights per day with Ryanair I must say, coming to the gate without your boarding pass being scanned has never been a problem, and there have never been any questions. I have done it at many airports, wherever possible, loads of times during the time the Gates A72-79 existed in Dublin (in the "shed", before Pier D was built). Today you can really only do it in Dublin with Pier A arrivals (Kerry, Cork flights and the odd one from the UK).

My next "5-Pack" is on Wednesday, 22. April: East Midlands - Belfast - Liverpool - Derry - Birmingham - Dublin Very Happy

Congratulations amnesia!
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sat 13 Jun 2009 - 14:09

connections @ EIDW Dublin follow transfer sign.. you will need to use the customs xray machines etc..so still no liquids above 100ml

we fly multi routes in one day too lol.. great when the kids are on school hols they fly with us regularly and when flights cost £1 or £0.01 they bring their friends ...

our usual multi route will be e.g

manchester dublin gatwick or stansted return - time in london its great.
manchester bremen stansted dublin .. fly home the following day to manchester
manchester frankfurt hann bergamo milan to manchester...
now i know how jetsetting feels Laughing

normally me n the wife fly manchester to dublin or cork approx 2 times a month .. i like the smell of aviation fuel lol
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Globemaster Sat 13 Jun 2009 - 15:53

.............excuse me, but this is RYANAIR. We like to use the phrase '' My wife and I............'' !!!!!!! JK
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanairflyer1987 Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 1:38

Its a tricky 1 5 flights in 1 day. I've only ever achieved that once

07/12/09
06:35 - 09:55 Liverpool - Skavsta EI-DWR 1p
10:45 - 12:30 Skavsta - Dublin EI-EBA 1p + £4 Priority boarding
13:30 - 14:20 Dublin - Cork EI-DCV 1p
17:05 - 17:55 Cork - Dublin EI-DLO 1p
20:25 - 21:15 Dublin - Manchester EI-DCW 1p

ryanairflyer1987
ryanairflyer1987
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 11:54

Ah the good old days ..' flying for a penny' ... I flew many times a week during this period but only managed 4 flights in any one day.. still great times.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Globemaster Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 16:15

Hi - an update on this subject. On September 8th, 2012, I managed to do 6 flights on the same day. My route was Stansted (EI-ENS) to Londonderry (-EFX) to Prestwick (-EBT) to Dublin (-EPH) to East Midlands (-EFS) to Dublin (-DHB) to Stansted. Also, last Wednesday (28/11) I flew my 500th flight in a Ryanair B737-800, when I routed from Stansted to Warsaw (Chopin) on EI-DYE. This was a new aircraft for me and brought my total flown in to 223. There are still 107 aircraft in service that I have not been on - plus the 7 that are ready for delivery from Boeing. With all these flights I have only landed at 33 different airports. All this gallivanting around is becoming far too expensive so I doubt that there will be much change to these statistics in the near future, although, I must add, I do play the UK Lottery twice a week ! - Good luck JK !!!
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down