Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair looking at cutting out baggage handlers

2 posters

Go down

Ryanair looking at cutting out baggage handlers Empty Ryanair looking at cutting out baggage handlers

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 7 May 2009 - 22:40

I read this, and I thought it was appropriate to post it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE5465ML20090507

No word on the Ryanair website yet... but I think it is a excellent idea. Carry your bag all the way to the plane and put it by the steps - they collect it (who would be doing this?) - they give it back after landing.

They still need some baggage handlers to do that, but if it meant only paying an extra €10 or €15 - I'd do it. Saving €20 for the bag and €10 to check in online.

The only snag would be security, as to check-in a bag you get the privilege of taking liquids and restricted carry on items. Also, this would almost certainly interfere with turnaround times?

But if they can make it work, then cheaper fares should come!
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 233
Location : London, UK. Nearest Base: STN -- HOME OF LOW FARES!
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Ryanair looking at cutting out baggage handlers Empty Re: Ryanair looking at cutting out baggage handlers

Post by amnesia Fri 8 May 2009 - 11:31

Almost impossible to do in my opinion.
First - time of turnaround
Second - What if some baggage will be lost? Lost & Found? What about the procedure? What about the baggage scanning? This should turn all security procedure up side down.
Third - Who should put that baggage on the plain? Cabin crew? Or if there will not be ground service will they fly every time with 2-4 people?
Four - The procedure of reclaiming the baggage need some time. What if the plane will be full and ready to go? The captain will power the engine on and there will still be many people near the machine
Five - What if somebody will take my baggage in case of mistake? No way to prove it, nobody to take care of it.

If this chaos would save €10 I don't think it would be enought for me.
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum