Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ryanair.com on mobile device

3 posters

Go down

ryanair.com on mobile device Empty ryanair.com on mobile device

Post by Rich00cap Tue 26 May 2009 - 0:33

I often try to access the site via my Nokia N95 but it must contain too much info as it always crashes after the flight selection page. Just wanted to know if everyone else had had much luck using mobile devices to use ryanair.com and also what are your opinions on a ryanair.com adapted especially for mobiles? I haven't heard any rumours so I don't want to start any but does anyone think it might be a good idea? Surely the ability for customers to be able to book flights from literally anywhere would benefit ryanair?
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

ryanair.com on mobile device Empty Re: ryanair.com on mobile device

Post by amnesia Tue 26 May 2009 - 12:11

I'm not experienced on mobile phones and internet so I don't know what does your N95 have and may do. But in webmaster's point of view, the open site of Ryanair has much much more elements and data to download/display/use a processor's power/etc. than those sections after flight selectings. I think it might be because of JavaScript, Session data, cookies or whatever else is that section using and it might be not acceptable by your phone. I might be wrong of course, as I've written I'm not experienced in that kind of stuff :-)
About mobile access it might be great idea. First of all because you are mobile and can access this site almost everywhere without a computer. Second, imagine if you're on the airport at some storm and serious amount of diverts. Then long queue to FR's desks appears, a lot of people looking for few internet terminals and there is no possibility to book any flight faster than in few hours. No possibility but using a cell-phone :-) This way it might be very helpfull.
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by j2op Mon 20 Jul 2009 - 9:29

Opera Mini (a powerful java browser) works "fine" (it's always a hassle with a little display)
Opera mini servers pre-chew data and send it to your mobile, so it's even lighter. Off course some could say that's irresponsible to give your data through a third server, but actually it's safe, specially if you use a prepaid visa electron as I do.
Last but not least, opera mini is FREE
j2op
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down