Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planning a trip from FIN to FRA

2 posters

Go down

Planning a trip from FIN to FRA Empty Planning a trip from FIN to FRA

Post by suvi Sat 29 Dec 2007 - 13:33

Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm planning a trip in April from Tampere Finland to Paris. Obviously I have to fly e.g. via Bremen, right? Few questions: how much before the trip I'd better book the flight? And when booking it in internet, I have to print something..? (I ask cos my printer is without ink right now.) Do I have to pay handling fee, too? Thanks for answers.
suvi
suvi
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down

Planning a trip from FIN to FRA Empty Re: Planning a trip from FIN to FRA

Post by atoutprix Sat 29 Dec 2007 - 17:04

Assuming of course that you go by Ryanair : Tampere (TMP) and Paris-Beauvais (BVA) have three destinations in common : Bremen (BRE), Dublin (DUB) and Milan-Bergamo (BGY).
After a quick perusal of the timetables in april, it seems that the best arrangements are :

TMP 1005 - BRE 1120 (on days 1357, ie monday, wednesday, friday, sunday)
BRE 1845 - BVA 20.15

and for the return :
BVA 08.30 - BGY 09.55
BGY 16.25 - TMP 20.35

Return via BRE or DUB involves a night to spend there before the early morning flight to TMP :
BVA 20.40 - BRE 22.10
BRE 06.30 - TMP 09.40 (on days 1,3,5,7)
or
BVA 22.50 - DUB 23.15
DUB 07.45 - TMP 13.00 (on days 1,3 - 15 min later on 5)
but it's better on sundays :
BVA 09.55 - DUB 10.25
DUB 16.05 - TMP 21.20

At the time I write, and for example, TMP-BRE-BVA on wednesday 2 april will cost you 19,12 + 18,22 = 37,34 euros plus credit card fee and hold luggage charge if any.
Same for BVA-BGY-TMP, on monday 14 april : 22,53 + 35,66 = 58,19 euros plus etc

You have to book each flight one by one; they send you a confirmation by e-mail, but, to be on the safe side, make a note of the code they give you at the end of the process (six letters/digits) and the date and hour of your flight. There is a good possibility on "Find the cheapest flights" to find the best deal by periods of 20 days. It's difficult to know the best moment to book - you can never be sure to get the lowest possible price, it can vary in all directions, up, down, up again, etc. My advice is to book when the price seems fair ...
At the beginning of the reservation procedure : be sure to choose the web-check option (if you have only cabin luggage) - and about the assurance : it's possible not to take (and pay) it, I always do that, but it's up to you to decide.

I hope this helps you; if I may be of further assistance ...
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by suvi Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 15:26

atoutprix wrote:
TMP 1005 - BRE 1120 (on days 1357, ie monday, wednesday, friday, sunday)
BRE 1845 - BVA 20.15

and for the return :
BVA 08.30 - BGY 09.55
BGY 16.25 - TMP 20.35

Thanks atoutprix.

It seems that flight 2.4.08 (which is the day I have been thinking all time) Bremen 18.45 - Paris 20.15 doesn't exist anymore. Instead there's BRE 11.40 - BVA 13.00. And my flight would be in Bremen 11.20... so, 20 minutes time for change the plane..?? (If it ain't the same plane) Probably there isn't enough time. The day could also be 1.4 or 3.4.

Do they often cancel flights? I mean maybe I should book the flights about a month before, then it maybe won't be cancelled..?

I'd like to travel via Ryanair cos it's cheap but well this is getting a bit complicated.
suvi
suvi
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 21:03

20 minutes to transfer from a FR flight on to another FR flight certainly is not enough :
- if you have hold luggage, you need first to retrieve it - and then check it in again for the next flight, at the very last 40 min before departure (no through check-in for connecting Ryanair flights).
- if you have only hand luggage, you have to be at the departure gate 3O min before the scheduled departure time - at some airports, you have to exit after the first flight and re-enter for the second flight after passing through the security control.
I suggest that you shouldn't plan it if there is less than one hour between the scheduled arrival and departure time - and preferably two hours.

There is another possibility on 2 april :
TMP 1325 - DUB 1450 (79,10 euros at the moment)
DUB 2000 - BVA 2225 (37,73 euros at the moment)
The time between flights at DUB is plenty enough, but the arrival at BVA is rather late at night ...
At Beauvais, there is a coach departing 20 minutes after each FR arrival, and taking 1h15 to reach Paris (Porte Maillot):
http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/index.php?lang=eng
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by suvi Fri 18 Jan 2008 - 13:08

Merci encore. I'm not sure if I have to take two bags - I mean hold luggage. But could the plane possibly be the same? How could I know it? Maybe I should send e-mail and ask. But if it ain't the same plane, I could stay in Bremen for one day and sleep in a hostel or something and then go BRE-BVA 3 april 1140-1300. OR take a train to Paris...

Yep going via Dublin could be possible but well, I'm trying to find very cheap flights. On the other hand, sleeping in a ho(s)tel might be expensive if I don't find a very cheap one. It would be nice to find same time tables of trains. (I don't speak German, so preferably in English or French.)
suvi
suvi
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 18 Jan 2008 - 13:26

Even if the same plane do the two consecutive flights, I very much doubt you would be allowed to stay on board ...

Here is a website in french (of the Belgian railways) to find the train timetables :
http://plannerint.b-rail.be/bin/query.exe/fn?ld=IA&L=b-rail&seqnr=2&ident=8q.013042.1200658857&OK#focus
There is a train at Bremen Hbf at 1244, changes at Köln and Mannheim, arriving at Paris-Est at 2051; and another one at 1344 Bremen Hbf, change at Köln Hbf, arriving at Paris-Nord at 2105.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: