Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway)

+2
msep003
atoutprix
6 posters

Go down

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) Empty TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway)

Post by atoutprix Sat 18 Jul 2009 - 20:38

Sandefjord airport lies some 110 km south of Oslo (Norway).

Airport website :
http://www.torp.no/Default.aspx?Language=EN&pkMenu=131&Nocash=19W02H-2008W12I-44R59X-R
The terminal is open from 04.30 to 24.00 (excepted on saturday, when it closes at 21.30).

Runway :
18/36
2950 m

Transportation to/from Oslo :
- by train (1h50); a shuttle bus runs from the Sandefjord station to the airport, in connection with the trains - free - 4 min.
http://www.nsb.no/destinations/airport_by_train/sandefjord-airport-torp-trf-article24848-2777.html
- by bus : Torp Ekspress bus runs in connection with the Ryanair flights (approx. 2 hours to Oslo).
http://www.torpekspressen.no/

More information :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandefjord_Airport,_Torp
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) Empty Re: TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway)

Post by msep003 Mon 20 Jul 2009 - 1:55

the bus and trains cost about the same price . this is ridiculous but Welcome to Norway ! I'm glad they're adding Oslo Torp from my Local Airport BVA .
msep003
msep003
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) Empty Bureau de change

Post by RyanairAlerts.webs.com Sun 16 Aug 2009 - 19:51

I can confirm that this Airport HAS NOT Got A Bureau de change!

http://ryanairalerts.webs.com/

RyanairAlerts
RyanairAlerts.webs.com
RyanairAlerts.webs.com
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) Empty Re: TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway)

Post by Mushroom Sun 16 Aug 2009 - 23:57

but it has free internet access =D
Mushroom
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanairAlerts.webs.com Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 3:21

LOL, Thats always good tho, woop woop. lol, x

RyanairAlerts.webs.com
RyanairAlerts.webs.com
RyanairAlerts.webs.com
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 2:36

RyanairAlerts.webs.com wrote:I can confirm that this Airport HAS NOT Got A Bureau de change!

http://ryanairalerts.webs.com/

RyanairAlerts

It makes no sense Sad I wanted to save with exchange my currency and decided to take swedish crones with me and change it to norwegian ones instead of do it in Poland. Hm... this way I was forced to pay 75 NOK (about €10) exchange fee at the post office. It was unsaving at all!!

If somebody don't want to travel to Oslo which seems to be very far, there are few smaller towns in the area. I've chosen Sandefjord which has some spirit, but unfortunatelly not in the end of february. Everything was under the snow, so there was nothing to do but seating in McDonald's... The second choice was Tønsberg called as an oldest town in Norway. Well, this one looked better for me. This is small town at the bay with some few hills and tight streets between wooden houses. Nice place for one day. Some tourist brochures said, that there is planty attractions during the summer time like exhibitions, show, openair music performances, etc. The whole area may be very interesting for bicycle rides. There is many bays, islands all around and it might be nice sight during the trip.

About some rumours - the terminal building is open during the night. They provide some area between arrivel doors and airport's entrance - the place where car rental desks are located. Well, the airport is very cold, and noisy, but I wasn't forced to spend a night outside with -10℃ or so and 1+ meter of snow Wink
The airport also has something like a transit area. It means if you arrive, you are getting to the airside zone which is not divided on arrivals/departurtes. So if you have even 20 minutes between your flights and travelling with han baggage only - don't worry :-)
The airport also provides free shuttle bus to the Torp train station nearby. The buses departing from airport few minutes before each train and from the station just after train's departure.

Unfortunatelly Norway is very expensive country, especially for guys like me - students which are unemployed yet...
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 14:05

I will pass through Torp en route to Bremen in march so will have a few hours to burn - I was thinking about visiting Sandefjord centre its not too far from the airport- have members here visited this area recently- if so any tips to fill the time?

Thanks in Advance.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 15:30

I think i will spend a little time in Sandefjord- walk around the centre and port then maybe take the Train into Tonsberg(travel time 17 minutes each way and 84NOK return per adult- I was thinking about Stokke but doesnt seem to be much there.
Trains and information-

http://www.nsb.no/our-destinations/airport-by-train-article38282-4384.html

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 13:05

Torp Airport and viewing area from carpark-
TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1524

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1526

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1527

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1528

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1529

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1530

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1531

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1532

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1558

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1562

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1569

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1577

Tonsberg 15-17 minutes from airport.

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1557

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1555

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1574

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1553

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1551

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1534

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1547

TRF : Oslo Sandefjord, Torp (Norway) 100_1537

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down