Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair is small?!

3 posters

Go down

Ryanair is small?! Empty Ryanair is small?!

Post by ruinair Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 11:42

Ryanair is small?! M12Ryanair is small?! B5

Graphs showing that Ryanair has a tiny share of the air travel market in Europe esp Germany & France.
Only in Ireland do FR have a truly dominant market position which is why need EI to stay independent.

Last edited by ruinair on Mon 14 Sep 2009 - 19:49; edited 1 time in total
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Ryanair is small?! Empty Re: Ryanair is small?!

Post by j2op Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 15:44

Mmm, It could be a little bit strange. I know the markets in Italy and Holland very well:
For Internal flights in Italy are the low cost carriers, especially FR well appreciated; On the flights Milan Bari/brindisi, the south of italy, Are easyjet and Ryanair THE marketmakers. 3flights/die for tyanair and 2 from mxp for easyjet. The rest is quite inexistent. Myair doesn't exist anymore, eurofly is far from being a scheduled line, and Lufthansa italia is not always cheap.
Another hot route is milan rome: 5/4 flights/die ryanair and 3 easyjet...Ok Alitalia has the most on this route, but actually that's it. Naples milan, just covered by Easyjet, venice and pisa are covered by ryanair.
About Holland: Holland is a quite little land so except for amsterdam just 15 years ago there were no airfields. Now is Eindhoven a nice place for a lot of dutchmen and don't forget weeze...Ok it's just over the border, but if you live in Nijmegen it's the same to fly from NRN or EIN. I live near amsterdam and I fly more often from weeze then from ein. Just were it's cheaper. But one thing is sure, FR can briung it's share higher just landing (when it will be ready) in Lelystad....
j2op
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 18:38

thank you for your comments. the other thing that always strikes me as odd is eg the way MOL says that 'FR is bigger than LH'. I have the FR Annual Report which shows FR had 57 M pax last year and thats more than LH with 42 M pax. So FR is bigger than LH? Not at all. FR had sales revenue of €3 bn in 2008 year but LH had sales revenue of €25 bn - so LH is 8 times bigger than FR! wow. it has been said that 'statistics dont lie ... but liars can use statistics.' Ryanair is small?! Icon_biggrin
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 20:08

How can be estimated the size of an airline ?
- number of passengers ?
- number of aircraft ?
- sales revenue ?
- profit ?

LH has bigger sales revenue because
a) it's a high cost carrier
b) it's a long haul carrier
c) they sell costly business and first class seats
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum