Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy

+10
europealacarte
j2op
Impy
Ryanairboy
amnesia
danieln
adrianomartins
fly4w4y
RyanAdmin
atoutprix
14 posters

Go down

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Empty BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy

Post by atoutprix Tue 25 Mar 2008 - 17:44

Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGY) serves Milan for BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 870117
Its official name is "Il Caravaggio International Airport Bergamo Orio al Serio" (Michele Merisi, known as "Il Caravaggio" being a famous painter of the XVIth century)
Milan is 45 km to the south-west
Bergamo is 5 km away
Brescia is 45 km to the east

The airport website :
http://www.orioaeroporto.it/Airpor/portalProcess.jsp

The runway :
3024x45m
10/28
237m above sea level
open 24/24 hrs
ILS cat IIIb

The terminal :
- 23 boarding gates
-the arrival hall is on the left (when in front of the building), the departure zone is on the right, and can be rather busy at times.
-just after the door out of the custom, you can find the tourism office to the left (helpful people, they can give a lot of infos and maps of Bergamo, they also sell the Bergamo urban bus tickets) and the selling counters of coach companies at the right and in front.
- a magazine is published four times a year by the airport : "avion", available for free in the luggage claim area and at the boarding gates.

No train coming up to this airport. Only buses and coaches :
- Urban bus to Bergamo railway station and on to the town center and the old town : 2,10 euro for the trip; also day ticket valid valid for a return trip airport-town AND all day on the urban net including the funiculars ( 5,00 euros, november 2013). Trip to the station can take from 20 to 30 minutes or even more during the rush hours.
The bus from the airport stops in front of of the railway station (and most go on to the Città Alta). To the airport : the bus stop is in front of the Stazione Autolinee, on the right side of the McDo.
- There are many buses and coaches going to Milan, Brescia and other destinations. They stop is in front of the "Arrival" side of the terminal.
prices and schedules can be found on the airport website :
http://www.sacbo.it/Editorial/newsCategoryViewProcess.jsp?editorialID=2189

Landside, the terminal is long but not wide, and can be very crowded at the rush hour !
There is a bookshop selling a few Italian aviation magazines : JP4, Volare,... - and also bars and other shops.
The security check for all gates is on the ground floor.
All passengers must then go to the first floor; gates 10 to 21 are on that level. One has to go down to the ground floor again to reach gates 1 to 9 to non-Shengen destinations.
There are shops on the first floor : bookshop, perfumes, wines and alcools, clothes, and one can have some food and drinks and even buy a hamburger at a McDo.
Boarding a BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 870117is, in my experience, often through a bridge, down the steps and to the aircraft either by foot or in a bus.

If you have at least one hour to spend before your flight, there is a big commercial center - "Orio Center" - within walking distance (10 minutes or so from the terminal). It's in front of the terminal, but on the other side of a highway. Follow the side road to the right (there is now a safe walkway), then the passage under the highway, then left to the Orio center (about a 15 minutes walk). There are a lot of shops, amongst which a large "Iper" supermarket, a McDo, etc.

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 1tfs

Arriving at BGY :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 005ne

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 003qvht

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 092ps

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P2060008vo8

The new tower, rather "design" :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Mz6c

Main entrance :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 085q

Check-in desks :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Koz7

Security check (on the right):

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Ymah

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Sc38

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Gaoz

Gates 12 and 13 are often used for the FR flights to "Schengen" destinations:

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P7230158yi1

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Pa220117hu0
BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy W800

Gates 1 to 7 :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P1110028n

Gates 8 and 9 :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P1110026

New part of the terminal : gates 16 to 23.

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Qinm

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy W800

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Xa9q

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Y544

When it's not too far away, passengers go by foot to the airplane :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P7230152bv5

The front of the terminal, arrival side, with the bus stops - bus to Bergamo at the left, to Milano on the right of the pic :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 088jk

From the car parks at the side of the terminal, a good view of the runway and part of the apron :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 099kw

After take-off : Orio al Serio

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 022eus

And Bergamo city :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 023oek

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Nfuz

Last edited by atoutprix on Sun 2 Mar 2014 - 11:56; edited 34 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating)
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Empty Re: BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy

Post by RyanAdmin Thu 24 Jul 2008 - 21:18

Thanks atoutprix, good work!

I went to Bergamo last year, for 3 days (€0,02 retour all-in). The old part of the city is nice to see, and downtown you can eat good pizza's by Pronto Pizza. There are many hostels, I went to a guesthouse near to the center of the city. The busses are very cheap: a 3-day tickets cost €6,00, including the funiculars to "Citta Alta".

If you are bored and found a nice Ryanair offer, I recommend you to go to Bergamo!
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Empty Re: BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy

Post by fly4w4y Tue 17 Feb 2009 - 21:34

atoutprix wrote:
...The non-Schengen" flights (Great-Britain, Ireland, ...) board at gates 1 to 7, in a rather bare construction at ground level :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Pa010026ub4

At 6.00 am this "box" is...ehm..."cold". Shocked

RyanAdmin wrote:...I recommend you to go to Bergamo

I agree...expecially for have a bit of peace. Wink
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by adrianomartins Fri 18 Sep 2009 - 20:27

Hi!
I'm going to Milan next month with Ryanair and I need some help Smile

I was not counting to pass by Bergamo but since you said its a great place I definitely want to go there Smile

So, anyone can tell me how is the cheapest and simplest way to go from the airport to Milan and passing by Bergamo one time?

In Milan, tips and advices? Places to go?
adrianomartins
adrianomartins
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by danieln Fri 18 Sep 2009 - 20:42

Whoever told you to visit Bergamo is a wise person. You should indeed go there. You can see the old city in 2 hours.
Take a bus from the airport to the train station. There you can switch to another city bus. Ask someone which bus goes to the Citta Alta. (Alternatively you can walk from the train station to the old town, it is about 15 minutes. If you have the McDonalds restaurant on your right hand side, take the big lane. It is just straight ahead, you can't miss it.)

When you arrive close to the old town, you should take the cable car to the top of the hill. This "Funiculare" is part of the city transport and very cheap. A great experience!

That's it! Enjoy your trip and don't forget to post a small report!
Ciao!
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Sat 19 Sep 2009 - 2:13

Yes, I was visiting Bergamo two weeks ago for the first time. Sad I was only 3 hours there (5 hours of stopover for another flight), because it was really wonderful there! We was taking a bus directly from BGY airport to the Citta Alta. There was a ticket for all day of traveling with Bergamo local buses and I paid I think like a €3.50 per person. I surely will visit this place again!
I think you can take a train from Bergamo to Milano itself. I've read on other phorum that this option might be even cheapest but I was taking a bus from BGY airport to Milan that time. In Milan... well, catedral and main city square. Catedral is really impressive from outside. Don't forget to go to the roof - I know it's possible, unfortunatelly I didn't know when I was there Wink That's it :-)
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairboy Sat 19 Sep 2009 - 4:04

Hello !

How are you doing? I'm currently in the US ( Florida ) for my aviation training ( Aircraft dispatcher ). However, i miss FR !!! I haven't been flying Ryanair for two months...The airline got 3 new B738 ( 202 in total now).

Enjoy your FR flights! :-)
Ryanairboy
Ryanairboy
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sat 9 Jan 2010 - 14:44

The new part of the Bergamo terminal (gates 16 to 23) is now operational.

Seen from gate 13 :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P1070012oyBGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy W800

Passage to gates 16-23 :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P1070011BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy W800

Soon to be opened : a McDo !

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P1070009BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy W800
Two of the new gates :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P1070008BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy W800

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P1070006fBGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy W800

Good views on the runway and the apron :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P1070007BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy W800
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Impy Tue 2 Feb 2010 - 1:01

nice pictures! Do any ryanair flights depart from this new terminal?
Impy
Impy
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by j2op Tue 2 Feb 2010 - 9:55

I was there a week ago: indeed very nice!!! I took a flight BGY CIA but I've departed from the "old" gate 13
I saw from the new a flight to skavsta and another to somewhere in spain but I don't remember. exactly
j2op
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 25 Feb 2010 - 14:32

The airside McDo is now open :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P2240010

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P2240011

The extension to the terminal is not yet fully completed; it seems that the security checks will then be made at the upper level, not on the ground level as they are now.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Empty BGY - Bergamo: Don't go to Milan stay in Bergamo

Post by europealacarte Sun 7 Mar 2010 - 21:19

Bergamo is the Ryanair hub for Milan. However Bergamo is a beautiful city, well worth spending a few days there as opposed to Milan. Bergamo has a lovely medieval hilltop old town which can be reached by funicular.
http://www.europealacarte.co.uk/italy/bergamo

My favourite Italian lake Iseo is also close to Bergamo:
http://www.europealacarte.co.uk/italy/iseo
europealacarte
europealacarte
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 1:04

You haven't discovered America my friend :-) Bergamo itself as well as Bergamo's nearbys are very attractive places.
My favourite lake is the Como one. I saw it more than one year ago during my first landing at BGY airport. I've falen in love to it just like that and have decided to go there one day :-)
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 2:21

Don't go to Milan.. I'd say is a little strong... with cheap tickets in and out of bergamo personally i will try and visit as many areas within a reasonable distance from the airport ... lake garda, milan .. ive done bergamo and great it was, so i need to move on ...
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 10:23

There is an "Aeronautica militare" boutique airside, on the upper floor of the new ewtension to the terminal. It's mainly about the "Frecce tricolori", the Italian military acrobatic team.

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P7220162
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P7220164

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P7220163
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 14 Jan 2011 - 23:14

January 2011 - the new addition to the terminal (now fully in use) is the big box on the right.

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy P1110022

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 27 May 2011 - 14:27

There is now at BGY a vending machine selling ... gold coins and small ingots !
As far as I know, it's the only European airport that offers that service.
(Note : this is given as an information; it is neither a publicity nor an incitement or suggestion to buy anything).

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 105fx

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 106jl

It used to be found airside, it's now landside, between "arrival" and "departure".

Last edited by atoutprix on Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 14:38; edited 2 times in total
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Fri 27 May 2011 - 14:40

affraid I will not be taking my wife to this airport bounce

I have never seen one but it seems they have been tested in Frankfurt Airport 2009

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/investment/article6521486.ece
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Wed 8 Jun 2011 - 13:52

RyanAdmin wrote:Thanks atoutprix, good work!

I went to Bergamo last year, for 3 days (€0,02 retour all-in). The old part of the city is nice to see, and downtown you can eat good pizza's by Pronto Pizza. There are many hostels, I went to a guesthouse near to the center of the city. The busses are very cheap: a 3-day tickets cost €6,00, including the funiculars to "Citta Alta".

If you are bored and found a nice Ryanair offer, I recommend you to go to Bergamo!

€0,02 retour all-in for Eindhoven-Bergamo? I'm a Ryanair-flyer since July 2010, but have never seen a fare like that. The lowest fares I saw with departure from Maastricht or Eindhoven was a €6,- return Maastricht-Malaga. I am right that thoose fares aren't avaible any more?
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by laci2512 Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:16

I love this airport ,nearly all flights are operated by Ryanair, shopping centre is few metres from airport, and Bergamo is very nice city as well . You can buy 24Hours ticket for 4,5eur and you can use all buses and urban as well. I recommend it to visit this destination.
laci2512
laci2512
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by crior Tue 22 May 2012 - 11:07

Hi to all,
Can someone to share his experience?
On 5th of July will take off with Ryanair at 6.30 AM and I landed the day before at 8.00 AM.
And on 12th of July will land at 16.00 and will depart the next day at 7.00 AM.
In these two days I would like to visit Milan and Bergamo.
What would be your advice?
To rent a car , or to book a hotel room and go with shuttles.
What are the option and if anybody knows a cheap hotel with free shuttles considering that at 4.00 AM we have to be at the airport.
Maybe someone knows a hotel that is close to shuttle station.
We are two adults and a child of 6th years old.
With thanks,
Cris
crior
crior
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 22 May 2012 - 11:56

One of the best coach services i have used(direct non stop) and always ontime and great value for money-outside the terminal.
Book online or pay on the coach.
Service Description

At Milan Bergamo Airport exit the terminal and turn right.

At Milan Central Station: Milane Centrale, Piazza Luigi Di Savoia, in front of the post office
Journey Time:
Bus Milan Bergamo Airport <-> Milan Central Station : 1h

http://www.terravision.eu/

Close to the Airport a great day out http://www.italianvisits.com/lombardia/bergamo/index.htm - the last time i visited this area i boarded the no.1 bus to the city. It is a real life tale of two cities: “Città Bassa”,

Shopping complex next to the airport- do not tell the wife bounce
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sat 2 Jun 2012 - 0:11

Terravision now at BGY, to Milano Centrale at low prices :

http://www.terravision.eu/milan_bergamo.html

Service starting from May 24th, 2012.
Terravision offers a new airport bus transfer between Milan Bergamo Airport (Orio al Serio) and Milan Central Station for only €5! Going to the Italian Fashion capital has never been easier!
Bus Transfer Route:
Milan Bergamo Airport (Orio al Serio) – Cologno Monzese – Milan Central station
Journey Time:
Bus Milan Bergamo Airport <-> Milan Central Station : 1h
Bus Milan Bergamo Airport <-> Cologno Monzese : 30 min
Bus Milan Central Station <-> Cologno Monzese : 30 minSee prices and timetables* for more information. (with link to price&timetable tab)
Price:
Adult: € 5 one way / € 9 return tickets
Child (6-18): € 5 one way / € 9 return tickets
Child (0 – 5): FREE

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 21:33

Seen this week at BGY :

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy Mmo2

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 13:59

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 553452P4250187

BGY: Milan Bergamo "Caravaggio" (Orio al Serio) - Italy 477940P4250188
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down