Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAK: Menara Airport, Marrakech (Morocco)

4 posters

Go down

RAK: Menara Airport, Marrakech (Morocco) Empty RAK: Menara Airport, Marrakech (Morocco)

Post by Joe Bloggs Thu 27 Jan 2011 - 16:01

Arriving and departing from Marrakech airport is a bit different from most other Ryanair destinations. Below is what you have to do...

Arrivals

1) just before entering Passport Control area your passport will be checked by police.

2) you then complete a form with details of where you are stopping, coming from, dates of arrival/departure etc. Take this form with you to Passport Control.

3) at Passport Control and have your passport stamped - an arrival stamp and a unique number also.

4) after passing Passport Control you have another police check of the passport to confirm it has been stamped.

You are now in the country!

Departures

1) find out which check in desks are open for your flight.

2) fill in the same form as No2 on the arrivals (you can save time by taking a spare form when arriving and filling it in before getting to the airport)

3) go to the check in desk and hand them your boarding pass (which you have printed yourself) which will be stamped along with the completed form from No2.

3)Go to Passport Control where your passport is stamped once again and it`s through to departures.

I`m not sure but I guess this will probably be standard throughout Morocco.

It`s a fab destination for a bit of winter sun and I look forward to going back.

Regards

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

RAK: Menara Airport, Marrakech (Morocco) Empty Re: RAK: Menara Airport, Marrakech (Morocco)

Post by Ryanairflyer Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 14:24

Wink I 've never been to Morocco- good information, i'm sure this catches some passengers out adding time to their trips.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

RAK: Menara Airport, Marrakech (Morocco) Empty Re: RAK: Menara Airport, Marrakech (Morocco)

Post by HollandRyanair Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 1:18

Ryanairflyer wrote: Wink I 've never been to Morocco- good information, i'm sure this catches some passengers out adding time to their trips.

Sure thing Very Happy Very useful information as I'm off to Marrakech tomorrow. Weather's looking nice Cool Thanks for the info!
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by danieln Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 11:04

HollandRyanair wrote:

Sure thing Very Happy Very useful information as I'm off to Marrakech tomorrow. Weather's looking nice Cool Thanks for the info!

Marrakesh is one of the most amazing cities I have ever seen. From the (beautiful) airport, it is a very short taxi ride to the city center.
Don't forget to go to the famous Place Djamaa el Fnaa and have dinner at one of the food stalls.The food is delicious and very cheap.

Just a few little warnings:
Check all your restaurant bills. One way or another, the waiters make a lot of mistakes. No coincidence that these mistakes are always in the disfavour of the customers.
Taxi drivers in Marrakesh are famous fior ripping of tourists. You will almost never see a taxi driver using the meter. They always have another explanation. Meter is broken, tarrifs have changed, software needs an update,... The bus is a very cheap an convenient alternative! (By the way, Fez does not have these problems. Strange...)

Have fun in Marrakesh!
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 11:22

danieln wrote:
HollandRyanair wrote:

Marrakesh is one of the most amazing cities I have ever seen. From the (beautiful) airport, it is a very short taxi ride to the city center.
Don't forget to go to the famous Place Djamaa el Fnaa and have dinner at one of the food stalls.The food is delicious and very cheap.

Just a few little warnings:
Check all your restaurant bills. One way or another, the waiters make a lot of mistakes. No coincidence that these mistakes are always in the disfavour of the customers.
Taxi drivers in Marrakesh are famous fior ripping of tourists. You will almost never see a taxi driver using the meter. They always have another explanation. Meter is broken, tarrifs have changed, software needs an update,... The bus is a very cheap an convenient alternative! (By the way, Fez does not have these problems. Strange...)

Have fun in Marrakesh!

Thanks for the heads up and the tips! I heard similar stories, so will be careful as always Smile
I'm sure I'll enjoy my time!
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Sat 22 Dec 2012 - 17:07

Trip report is online Smile You can see it at Ryanair Experience!
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum