Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved]Is it possible to change the value of checked baggage?

4 posters

Go down

[solved]Is it possible to change the value of checked baggage? Empty [solved]Is it possible to change the value of checked baggage?

Post by Asker Fri 11 Feb 2011 - 22:30

Hello friends!

Last night when I made a booking to Bratislava, I accidentally made a stupid mistake when I reserved a 20kg bag for both outbound and return flights. I actually need only a 15kg on the outbound flight... Crying or Very sad I'm feeling really bad and really pissed at myself because I was actually doing this for someone else.

Is there ANY POSSIBLE way to change this? Or at least still 20kg but only on one flight?

I would be grateful for any help,
Thank you in advance.
Anonymous
Asker

Back to top Go down

[solved]Is it possible to change the value of checked baggage? Empty Re: [solved]Is it possible to change the value of checked baggage?

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Fri 11 Feb 2011 - 22:33

No you cannot change ...the only possibilty is to call ryanair to cancel your booking and make another one. but you have to call the day of the booking and I think that it's too late...
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

[solved]Is it possible to change the value of checked baggage? Empty Re: [solved]Is it possible to change the value of checked baggage?

Post by jno Mon 14 Feb 2011 - 15:47

My tip, don't bother cancelling, it will cost you more in premium rate calls to Ryan Air to change it than it will to use the 20Kg allowance. Put this down to a bad day at the office and make use of the 20Kg allowance.

My tip for the future, get a multi-pocketed vest and wear it under a coat. Avoid Ryan Air checked in luggage if you want to save. Last time I flew Ryan Air I wore over 3Kg of luggage in a pocketed vest under my coat, ... no one said a word (and I looked like a suicide bomber).

A complete thread here is worth a read:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2010/08/multi-pocket-jackets-take-off-to-beat-airline-baggage-fees
jno
jno
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 14 Feb 2011 - 18:43

jno wrote:My tip, don't bother cancelling, it will cost you more in premium rate calls to Ryan Air to change it than it will to use the 20Kg allowance. Put this down to a bad day at the office and make use of the 20Kg allowance.

My tip for the future, get a multi-pocketed vest and wear it under a coat. Avoid Ryan Air checked in luggage if you want to save. Last time I flew Ryan Air I wore over 3Kg of luggage in a pocketed vest under my coat, ... no one said a word (and I looked like a suicide bomber).

A complete thread here is worth a read:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2010/08/multi-pocket-jackets-take-off-to-beat-airline-baggage-fees

Sounds more like a multi gym for the future low cost Airline 'GymAir' - save lbs(£pounds) while you fly, but this may increase weighting (waiting) times at the airport bounce(please beware if over 3kgs you may fall into the fat tax category) what next a added pocket to ones underwear??..Y fronts... They are made with a pocket- Maybe Y fronts were made for the future of flying (Not advised during the summer months) Mad
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jno Tue 15 Feb 2011 - 7:37

haha, I did chuckle Smile
jno
jno
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dzacharo Tue 2 Sep 2014 - 17:46

Yes it is possible, within the first 24hours from the reservation. I added two extra suitcases by mistake and after a chat session within the first 24 hours of my reservation, and "no questions asked", my request was fulfilled and I got a full refund.
dzacharo
dzacharo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down