Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAYING FOR HOLD LUGGAGE - CAN I STILL TAKE HAND LUGGAGE TOO?

4 posters

Go down

PAYING FOR HOLD LUGGAGE - CAN I STILL TAKE HAND LUGGAGE TOO? Empty PAYING FOR HOLD LUGGAGE - CAN I STILL TAKE HAND LUGGAGE TOO?

Post by Greg Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 17:13

Hi

Being a cynical sod generally (and specifically with Ryanair) I am asking what hopefully will turn out to be a totally dumb question. If it involved any other carrier I would not bother - but Ryanair - well I guess theyre going to charge for oxygen for us to breath soon! I only booked because its an obscenely cheap flight - that will only ever be my motivation to fly with them to be honest.

Ok...I have paid £50 for hold luggage - simple. Question is...am I still entitled to take on hand luggage too. When I say hand luggage, I mean the bags that are carried on by those who dont put bigger bags inthe hold and pay.

It will be regulation size - no bigger than 55x40x20 - and weighing no more than 10kg total - as per the regs. So I cant see a problem. However thought it best to check with those 'in the know'.

Thanks for any advice.
Greg
Greg
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

PAYING FOR HOLD LUGGAGE - CAN I STILL TAKE HAND LUGGAGE TOO? Empty Re: PAYING FOR HOLD LUGGAGE - CAN I STILL TAKE HAND LUGGAGE TOO?

Post by EchoVictorOscar Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 19:32

Yes you can. As long as it's 55x40x20 or less and it's only one piece per passenger you can of course take hand luggage
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

PAYING FOR HOLD LUGGAGE - CAN I STILL TAKE HAND LUGGAGE TOO? Empty Re: PAYING FOR HOLD LUGGAGE - CAN I STILL TAKE HAND LUGGAGE TOO?

Post by Ryanairflyer Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 3:09

Greg wrote:Hi

Being a cynical sod generally (and specifically with Ryanair) I am asking what hopefully will turn out to be a totally dumb question. If it involved any other carrier I would not bother - but Ryanair - well I guess theyre going to charge for oxygen for us to breath soon! I only booked because its an obscenely cheap flight - that will only ever be my motivation to fly with them to be honest.

Ok...I have paid £50 for hold luggage - simple. Question is...am I still entitled to take on hand luggage too. When I say hand luggage, I mean the bags that are carried on by those who dont put bigger bags inthe hold and pay.

It will be regulation size - no bigger than 55x40x20 - and weighing no more than 10kg total - as per the regs. So I cant see a problem. However thought it best to check with those 'in the know'.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi nothing wrong with being a sod-if we were all made the same life would be boring..sounds like Ryanair have upset you in the past or are you very new to air travel? Yes hand luggage is allowed to board any Ryanair aircraft regardless of what you have in the hold(hold is abit like the boot on a car where bigger bags can be placed)... but remember hand luggage must board with a passenger, the rules state - it must be carried in one hand and one hand only, please do not use both, otherwise you will not be able to show your boarding pass to the crew member waiting to greet you at the top of the airstairs.... holding the carry on bag with two hands may also indicate to some it is overweight (may £cost you one day) hand luggage maybe taken in side the cabin by using the front or rear steps but only boarding from the port side ----port side means if you are nose to nose with a Boeing738 (or any aircraft type) the port side is always on the right hand side of the aircraft bounce only joking.. a little bit of humour cheers I find a lot of critics whom rubbish Ryanair cannot simply follow or dare care to read any sort of term. getting on a plane these days can be as frequent as catching a local bus Cheap Cheap flights.....but still some moan.
Yes cheap fares will always attract new passengers But sometimes i wish ryanair would raise airfares ten fold... Wink welcome.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 18:37

Thanks for the responses.
Im used to flying but have avoided Ryanair whenever possible. Thanks for the info. I, like many others, are very suspicious of RA's motives in whatever they do and I really dont know why they cant resort to doing business without the smug, cynical edge that they seem pleased and proud to present. The guy O'Leary (?) just seems like a horrible excuse for a human being whenever I see him on TV or being interviewed. Just a nasty piece of work in my opinion, they have a terrible public image.

I see they have added another crafty supplement recently too (cancellation levy I think?). Why, when the supplement/tax/charge is unavoidable cant they just include it in the headline price? People arent stupid and they find out the price sooner or later by clicking through!

Just because they are very competitive in a competitive market doesnt mean they have to behave as they do. Personally, for every person that I have heard say they love RA, Ive heard 10 times as many say that they hate them and avoid them! So I will only ever deal with them on very cheap offers for these reasons
Greg
Greg
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 19:51

Greg wrote:
Im used to flying but have avoided Ryanair whenever possible. Thanks for the info. I, like many others, are very suspicious of RA's motives in whatever they do and I really dont know why they cant resort to doing business without the smug, cynical edge that they seem pleased and proud to present. The guy O'Leary (?) just seems like a horrible excuse for a human being whenever I see him on TV or being interviewed. Just a nasty piece of work in my opinion, they have a terrible public image.

Why, when the supplement/tax/charge is unavoidable cant they just include it in the headline price?

Personally, for every person that I have heard say they love RA, Ive heard 10 times as many say that they hate them and avoid them!

Actually, you are putting this on the Ryanair Fan Club forum, so I am afraid that your lamentations and critics will meet with very little approval here.

Just for your information : the cancellation/delay charge is avoidable and avoided when buying one of the promotion flights where some or all charges are waived away (some 20% of the Ryanair tickets) :

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/briefing-note-cancellation-levy
Ryanair expects this levy to raise approx. €90m in 2011, since the levy will not apply to Ryanair’s lowest advertised promotional fares (approx. 20% of tickets).
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 21:13

Oh, I didnt realise I was putting it on the RA fan club site - I actually thought it was www.chickensexer.com! Doh!

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Im not looking for approval actually - merely giving my opinion!
I think the term 'Fan club' is quite hilarious and 'anoraky' actually (and extremely childish too). I presume it is populated by adults who are professing their love for RA?

Re:
Just for your information : the cancellation/delay charge is avoidable and avoided when buying one of the promotion flights where some or all charges are waived away (some 20% of the Ryanair tickets)

Oh...well thats ok then - it makes me feel much better that only 80% of the customers are being hoodwinked in this way - very reassuring.
Greg
Greg
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down