Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reserved seats

2 posters

Go down

Reserved seats Empty Reserved seats

Post by ean32 Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 10:20

Last month we booked a return flight with departure in November Charleroi - Fuerteventura. There was the possibility to make a seat reservation (cost 10 euro per person - traject). We used this option and payed the 40 euro extra.
Now when i go to the Ryanair website and try to make an other reservation for the same flight and destination I noticed that all seats available for pre-booking are still open (free). Does anybody know if this is a website error or is there another reason for this?
Thganks for any relevant reply.
ean32
ean32
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-10-05

Back to top Go down

Reserved seats Empty Re: Reserved seats

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 12:23

ean32 wrote:Last month we booked a return flight with departure in November Charleroi - Fuerteventura. There was the possibility to make a seat reservation (cost 10 euro per person - traject). We used this option and payed the 40 euro extra.
Now when i go to the Ryanair website and try to make an other reservation for the same flight and destination I noticed that all seats available for pre-booking are still open (free). Does anybody know if this is a website error or is there another reason for this?
Thganks for any relevant reply.

Hi,

I see the same ... if you select reserved seating this only activates the seating diagram on the next page.. you can then select a reserved seat one way or return for each passenger, it is now you will be charged for the seating and you will also notice the information is now added to your booking regarding the same .... You nearly gave MOL a heart attack then bounce
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ean32 Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 13:33

Ok, thanks, but as it is now, it is possible for more then one person to make a reservation for the same seat on this flight.
I booked (and already payed for) 2 reserved seats on the previous mentioned flights but the seats remain available for anyone booking later.
All seats that can be reserved are coloured green now. I think at least 2 of the seats should be coloured red as I reserved (and already payed for) them on an earlyer booking.
So I think I can expect some difficulties when the seats are double booked... or not...???
I still think this is some kind of website error...no...???
ean32
ean32
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 13:59

If one seat can be purchased by 2 seperate passengers well yes there may be problems affraid

can i ask what date you have booked for flight FR6442 so i can try and book the same?
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 14:17

Hi thanks for your PM -

Have you been allocated the seat numbers on your final booking confirmation

Yes i also see the seats you have booked are still available to others. this could cause a problem... i would monitor the seating plan for a few days and if your booked seats are still free for booking contact Ryanair atleast before you travel.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ean32 Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 15:29

On the booking confirmation the reserved seats are mentioned and included in the total price. The seat numbers are not mentioned in detail. As I can only check in online 15 days prior to the travel date I dont know yet what will be mentioned on the boardingcard. I'll keep you posted as soon as I know some more.

"contact Ryanair atleast before you travel."
Well, I would like to, but it seems hard to get in touch with Ryanair... or not...???
Maybe this forum is read by a Ryanair representative or maybe even MOL himself and the issue will be resolved quickly...? Question Shocked Question
ean32
ean32
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 18:29

ean32 wrote:On the booking confirmation the reserved seats are mentioned and included in the total price. The seat numbers are not mentioned in detail. As I can only check in online 15 days prior to the travel date I dont know yet what will be mentioned on the boardingcard. I'll keep you posted as soon as I know some more.

"contact Ryanair atleast before you travel."
Well, I would like to, but it seems hard to get in touch with Ryanair... or not...???
Maybe this forum is read by a Ryanair representative or maybe even MOL himself and the issue will be resolved quickly...? Question Shocked Question

I have not booked a reserved seat to date - but i would expect the seat numbers booked and paid for shown on the confirmation, maybe Ryanair do this different unsure.

Members who have chosen this service may be able to help.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 16:26

Thanks for your PM( I have also sent you a PM) good news knowing your seats are now reserved.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 18 Oct 2011 - 12:25

your seats are booked.... Cool enjoy your trip.
Reserved seats Ryanairseating

I thought Ryanair only had extra leg room on the 2 front rows and only 2 middle rows(wing exit) not 4.

Must get my eyes checked or maybe the diagram exaggerates the leg room 3" is not a great deal bounce
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down