Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using UK Maestro on Euro currency flights.

3 posters

Go down

Using UK Maestro on Euro currency flights. Empty Using UK Maestro on Euro currency flights.

Post by photon Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 5:49

I'm trying to book a flight from (Rome - Brindisi), however when I get to the payment page my maestro card isn't listed.
On the Uk website/UK departing airports this option is listed, but not for non UK departing flights.

I've also thought about purchasing a 25 EURO voucher, but again I'm unable to use my Maestro card.

Any ideas? Other cards to use, booking agents?

Also travel republic are no longer taking ryanair bookings, sadly. I always thought that ryanair prefered to deal and advertise it's bookings independently.

I'd really like to spend my 3 days in Rome visiting southern italy, thesalonika was extremely good value at less than 30 EUR return, but it departs before my arrival into rome. Brindisi is a good choice due to the 2 flights daily schedule.

photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Using UK Maestro on Euro currency flights. Empty Re: Using UK Maestro on Euro currency flights.

Post by atoutprix Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 11:27

In my view, Bari is more interesting than Brindisi; there are also two daily flights from Rome.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Using UK Maestro on Euro currency flights. Empty Re: Using UK Maestro on Euro currency flights.

Post by anna1981 Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 16:56

You can't use the UK Maestro card for payments in other currencies besides GBP. If you don't have another card ask a friend to pay for you and pay them back in cash. If you book through a travel agent they will charge you more.
anna1981
anna1981
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 19:39

anna1981 wrote:You can't use the UK Maestro card for payments in other currencies besides GBP. If you don't have another card ask a friend to pay for you and pay them back in cash. If you book through a travel agent they will charge you more.

Thought so, a dam shame really.

I'm using a pre-paid maestro card, my mastercard was stolen. I'm currently waiting for my bank card replacement.

Will consider ryanair inter europe flights or flight hopping, maybe a cheap way of getting to greece/italy/canary islands.

Manchester is having some crazy flight deals with Ryanair at the moment. Never knew it was possible with such an expensive airport.
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum