Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carcassonne out of favour?

2 posters

Go down

Carcassonne out of favour? Empty Carcassonne out of favour?

Post by MKE987 Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 21:54

Hi - do any forum members have an insight into this winters flights from Stansted to Carcassonne? Previous winters have had at least Friday (surely the most obvious required day) if not daily flights, but there are no Friday flights available on the schedule - just Sunday and Wednesdays. Have RyanAir stopped them?

Thanks..
MKE
MKE987
MKE987
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Carcassonne out of favour? Empty Re: Carcassonne out of favour?

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 10:05

YES, each winter Carcassonne out of favour? 870117 cuts frequencies between Carcassonne and London Stansted (Including Friday for winter)! Only twice a week during the winter ! Daily flights from March 2012 ! and from june or july till end of august twice a day (Monday , Wednesday and Friday). Don't worry the daily service will come back in 4 months Very Happy ! In winter , Carcassonne airport is ........... DEAD !
Charleroi : Daily flight
Dublin : Twice a week
Liverpool : 3flights per week
Stansted : Twice a week

Cork : No flights (Seasonal)
Porto : No flights (Seasonal)
East Midlands : No flights (Seasonal)
Prestwick / Glasgow : No flights (Seasonal)

ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MKE987 Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 10:29

Many thanks for the reply. Either thats a new policy for this winter, or I'm losing my mind then - I dont have the records for all our flights over past couple of years, but we definately flew Friday January 22, 2010, and then Friday January 28, 2011.
Messed up my plans thats for sure.
MKE
MKE987
MKE987
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 12:15

No you're right , winter 2010-11 there was the friday's flight and it was 3 flights a week but this year (winter 2011-12) ryanair has decided to cut one more frequency ! It's harder in winter , for having a full flight in this type of destination !
The weather in the South of France is not very warm (Better could be around 10°C in december could be less on January , February) It depens ! Ok , it's better than in UK or Sweden but people prefer going to Tenerife , Lanzarote , Malaga where the weather is very well during winter (about 20°C) !
And Malaga or Tenerife are more popular than Carcassonne ! But during the summer , Carcassonne is very appreciated !
If you want to success your plan you can fly from London Luton (LTN) to Nimes (FNI) (4 flights per week : MO, WE , FR , SU)
Carcassonne is about 2 hours from Nîmes ! You've got Montpellier , about 45 minutes from Nîmes ! Where are you going when you come here ? Did you stay in Carcassonne ???

ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 11:46

Any news about new routes to Carcassonne for next summer ?
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MKE987 Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 11:55

Hi, in answer to your previous post, we have a house near Carcassonne, so Nimes is not good, and Montpellier is 2 hours. Luton to Beziers also does not fly on Friday. So, Mr O'Leary has not done me any favours. I do not fully understand the commercial reasoning - every Friday flight I took last winter was completely full.
MKE987
MKE987
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 12:59

OOOH i understand ! try another airline : Easyjet from Gatwick to Toulouse ! I think that it's the last solution for you !!!!!
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down