Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cash passport

3 posters

Go down

Cash passport Empty Cash passport

Post by Rich00cap Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 15:55

I know this is hardly relating to recent news but I have to say I find the cash passport scheme blatantly unfair. After years of making us jump through ever decreasingly small hoops they finally find one that is too small for many to get through. It always made sense for Ryanair to introduce their own prepay card- that way they hold on to millions of pounds without paying interest.
But what I find inexplicable is the £150 minimum top up? Why?? Why not allow people to top up whatever amount people see fit? I am a full time student and cannot afford to allow Ryanair to hold on to £150 of my money until I want to use it. I can understand a minimum top up but why not set it at a more sensible amount such as £25-40?
I have been an ardent supporter and defender of Ryanair for years but this is too far. Out of order.
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Cash passport Empty Re: Cash passport

Post by atoutprix Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 16:33

I can see your point.
Is there a fee at each top-up ?
For instance, Wirecard charges 1 euro at each top-up : if I send 50 euros, only 49 goes on my card.
On the other hand, seeing that the Ryanair fares have been notably raised of late, a return flight can quite often cost 50 or 60 pounds. 150 pounds allow you to book only 2 or 3 return flights ...
If Ryanair is more expensive than it used to be, in my opinion, it is still less expensive than its competitors, who also have raised their fares ...
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich00cap Sat 11 Feb 2012 - 16:39

Hi Autoprix,

Ryanair will always be cheaper than their competitors, I don't dispute that. But just now I wanted to buy a flight for £29.99, a sum I can just about afford. However I would need to top up a new card by £150 to get it. With previous pre pay cards I could have topped up my prepay card with £32 and bought the flight at the lowest price. Now I can not.
Could anyone confirm whether the £150 minimum applies only to the initial top up when the card is first purchased or onall subsequent top ups?
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sun 12 Feb 2012 - 15:15

I guess its upto the individual and how such a scheme is useful or not to that person.
Personally i would rather use the cash passport than not... Ryanair have saved me £1000s over the years and i am still getting value for money now... i have some goods trips in late feb and also booked for march -paying £7 €7 per ticket i am not going to complain just yet.
Still i do think having to add a minimum of £150 is a little too high.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: