Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary)

4 posters

Go down

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) Empty BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary)

Post by atoutprix Tue 1 May 2012 - 14:27

Ryanair has made Budapest one of its base, after the demise of Malév in february 2012.
(Post updated in november 2012)

Runways :

13L/31R (3700m)
13R/31L (3010m)

Airport website :

http://www.bud.hu/english/passengers

See also :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Ferenc_Liszt_International_Airport

Terminals :

There are two terminals : T1 and T2. T1 is the old terminal recently refurbished but closed end may 2012 - T2 is new and the only one in service. There are not near each other, there is a runway between them.
Ryanair arrivals are at T2A (ground level), departures at T2B (upper level). T2 is modern, very pleasant, both airside and landside.

Transportation.

First, you have to take a bus 200E to leave T2 (at arrivals level, between A and B). Tickets : at the vending machine near the bus stop (if not u/s), at the desk near arrival T2B, at the news agents in the terminal, at the post office (upper level T2A) or on the bus (a bit more expensive). Ticket for the bus only : 350 forints; bus+metro : 530 forints. (january 2013) - 1 euro is worth about 275-300 forints). Also tickets valid 24 hours (1650 forints).
The bus carry you first to T1.
At T1, you can take a train to Nyugati railway station in Budapest (25 min) Train ticket is 370 forints - at the vending machine.
Or you can stay on the bus until Kobanya-Kispest metro station, line 3 (blue line); the metro will bring you to the Budapest center (Déak Ferenc) in about 25 min.
From T2 to Budapest center, total time is about 50 min.

From 23.00 to 04.00 (thus during the night), there is no 200E : to go to the city center, you have to take a bus 900 (there is one every half hour) to Bajgsy-Zsilinski then change to bus 950A.

Landing at BUD :

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 021ibq

The tower (unusual design !) :

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 023rl

Tourism and local transport desks, in the arrival hall T2B :

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) Ssqm

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) Rfej

Bus 200E :

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 055ma

T2b :

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 088jv

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 092er

T2b, landside :

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 095zx

T2b, airside :

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 098xo

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 100uh

Gates A12 to A19, usually used by the LCC, are in a hangar away from the terminal  :

Access by scanning the boarding pass :

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 269175P1290067

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) R60t

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) Mje0

T2 is at the right of the picture; T1 at the far left.

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 113eb

Last edited by atoutprix on Sun 9 Feb 2014 - 12:50; edited 18 times in total
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) Empty Re: BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary)

Post by atoutprix Thu 10 May 2012 - 12:07

Not far from Terminal 2, an open air exhibition of mainly ex-Malèv Russian aircraft :Li-2, Il-14, Il-18, Tu-134, Tu-154, etc

http://www.museum.hu/museum/exhibitions_perm_en.php?ID=1263

http://www.vacanceo.com/albums_photos/fiche-album_33056.php

Information kindly provided by e-mail :

You can find the Ferihegy Aircraft Memorial Park near to the International Airport Liszt Ferenc Terminal 2 B side.
At the corner of Terminal 2B you can find a pavement and you can walk to the Museum along the fence. About 10 minutes get there.
I should like to tell you some information :
The Museum is open from 9 am - 6 pm every day.
The cashier is open from 9 am - 5 pm , one ticket is 1300.-HUF/ adult and you can pay only in HUF .
There is a free parking in front of the Museum.
We hope you visit us and thank you for your inquiring.

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 063tl

As seen from T2b - the walkway runs along the fence :

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 060uc

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 068fr

Last edited by atoutprix on Sat 2 Jun 2012 - 16:09; edited 2 times in total
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) Empty Re: BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary)

Post by laci2512 Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:07

i like this airport so much because Ryanair has there very cheap flight tickets for exmple i was 3 times from Budapest to Bergamo(BGY) for only 999HUF per ticket what mean about 3,5eur what is great price Smile From last trip i arrived yesterday Very Happy
laci2512
laci2512
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 19:11

Sometimes, at landing or after take-off, one can have a nice view of Budapest :

BUD : Budapest "Ferenc Liszt" - Ferihegy (Hungary) 093se

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Fri 7 Sep 2012 - 0:19

Hi,
I travel to Budapest next month and will be staying near the Chain bridge
Area.
I understand the best station to arrive at will be Nyugati from Terminal 1.
If any have been on this route what are the prices for the bus200E and then the connecting train into Budapest?

In the post above is understand the following-

"Ticket for the bus only : 320 forints or bus+metro : 490 forints. (prices at end april 2012 - "

seems cheap under 500 forints for the bus and train (500 Hungarian forints = £1.38 British pounds sterling or = 500 Hungarian forints = €1.74 euros.
is this correct or am i reading it wrong.

Cool photos of Budapest.. i can see the chain bridge ... cheers Cool
If i get time i will visit the museum.

Thanks in advance.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 7 Sep 2012 - 12:35

Yes, you buy a bus ticket for 320 forints (for instance at the newspaper's just out of arrival) and then a train ticket at the station on the other side of the road in front of the T1 bus stop, for 370 forints.
Yes, it's much cheaper than at most airports in England (and elsewhere).
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Fri 7 Sep 2012 - 15:22

Thanks atoutprix Wink
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Sun 21 Oct 2012 - 18:10

I flew twice to Budapest with ryanair from Manchester during the crazy fare season (£30 return). And on both occasions we were bussed to and from our plane. Maybe the shelter thing is a recent step from the airport authorities?
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 16:53

Arrive here tomorrow via Brussels... forcecasts are looking good tue/weds .. might even board with dry hair Cool
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 23:36

Arrived Budapest Airport, bought the bus/train ticket at the newsagents, boarded the bus(200E) put my ticket in the machine... it did not change or mark my ticket in any way -just beeped, this happened to others also.
The next section of my trip was on the subway blue line(M3).. walked into the station placed the same ticket in the machine.. this time the machine stamps my ticket by removing the number one on the ticket... i thought i needed a ticket for the bus and subway not just one.
Same for my return journey.. so total cost was only 320HUF one way.

Shops in the airport seem to prefer €euros rather than local currency(HUF) and only coins as low are 50cent are accepted.

Departed A12 gate- covered walkway was not in use and no bus was offered but the weather was dry.. lucky me .
Unfortunately the few that bought priority boarding were overtaken by many other Q passengers on this long walk.. i,m guessing a few complaints will be logged.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down