Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arriving late.

4 posters

Go down

Arriving late. Empty Arriving late.

Post by bricht Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 12:38

Hi! I am currently in Dundee and I am taking a flight to Latvia tomorrow from Stansted Airport. I have no luggage, so I was expecting to get there more than an hour prior to the flight. But because of the floods and train delays I may arrive at the airport just 40 mins prior to the flight, and my ticket says that the gate closes 30 mins before the flight. Could I get left behind?
Thanks!
bricht
bricht
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-06-30

Back to top Go down

Arriving late. Empty Re: Arriving late.

Post by bricht Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 13:21

I actually could take a bus tonight and arrive there 10 hours sooner. Do you think it is worth it?
bricht
bricht
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gruenmann Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 13:24

you coul'd. but it will normaly work out. just proceed as quickly as possble to securety check and then to the gate. ways are long at stansted, spacially to the ryanair gates you have to walk a long way, but you don't need a shuttle train. so no waiting their. the 30 minutes are normaly not final call. and boarding takes time. so you will have at least 20 minutes from your arrival to your gate. that should be all right, if securety makes no trouble....
Gruenmann
Gruenmann
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bricht Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 13:48

Gruenmann wrote:you coul'd. but it will normaly work out. just proceed as quickly as possble to securety check and then to the gate. ways are long at stansted, spacially to the ryanair gates you have to walk a long way, but you don't need a shuttle train. so no waiting their. the 30 minutes are normaly not final call. and boarding takes time. so you will have at least 20 minutes from your arrival to your gate. that should be all right, if securety makes no trouble....

Hopefully... pale Any more advice? I'm really stressed out.
bricht
bricht
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 14:51

Its a gamble- if you arrive 40 mins before the gate closes it does seem fine ..but again delays in the terminal before you get to the gate can happen- especially during the summer months(security can be very slow).Stansted needs a little more time than other airports because the gates can take 15-20 mins to reach dependant how fast you walk- if you run maybe 10mins but that is on a clear run with no delays in security.
Personally i would get there at least 1 full hour before the gate closes.
Hope all goes well.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bricht Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 15:23

Ryanairflyer wrote:Its a gamble- if you arrive 40 mins before the gate closes it does seem fine ..but again delays in the terminal before you get to the gate can happen- especially during the summer months(security can be very slow).Stansted needs a little more time than other airports because the gates can take 15-20 mins to reach dependant how fast you walk- if you run maybe 10mins but that is on a clear run with no delays in security.
Personally i would get there at least 1 full hour before the gate closes.
Hope all goes well.

I arrive 40 mins before the plane leaves!
bricht
bricht
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by bricht Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 16:54

WISH ME LUCK! The bus is full.
bricht
bricht
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 18:12

Good luck! M1 motorway National Express notice-

M1 Closure

The M1 will be closed in both directions between Junctions 11 and 13 from 8pm on 30 June to 12pm on 1 July. We are expecting some delays to our services. If you are heading to an Airport please allow additional time for your journey.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bricht Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 19:00

Ryanairflyer wrote:Good luck! M1 motorway National Express notice-

M1 Closure

The M1 will be closed in both directions between Junctions 11 and 13 from 8pm on 30 June to 12pm on 1 July. We are expecting some delays to our services. If you are heading to an Airport please allow additional time for your journey.

Seems like I am dodging bullets. Shocked
bricht
bricht
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mushroom Tue 3 Jul 2012 - 11:53

You should be fine.

Question, you pass by Prestwick, Liverpool, Leeds & East Midlands on your way to Stansted, who all do flights to Riga. Plus you could of gone Edinburgh to Dublin then to Riga. Why didn't you select one of them airports. They may not have times you want, but surely they would of been easier...
Mushroom
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: