Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair not charging you in the correct currency.

2 posters

Go down

Ryanair not charging you in the correct currency. Empty Ryanair not charging you in the correct currency.

Post by Master_Dn Fri 9 Nov 2012 - 15:51

I bought some different flights today with the Neteller Mastercard Prepaid and Ryanair charged me in Pounds rather than in Euros.
I didn't do anything wrong. The flight price was in Euros, country selection was correct, card type was correct, the card's account currency is Euros but they still managed to charge me in Pounds with some extra foreign exchange rate fee !
Even in my card balance I see the flights billed as RYANAIR~~STANSTED AIRP~XXXXXX insted of simply RYANAIR as it used to be before ! Last flight I purchased with no conversion was on the 1st of November but today I got this problem. Any ideas ? Should I complain ?

I also bought a flight in Zlotys and I was correctly charged in Zlotys... The problem seems to be with Euros only...
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Ryanair not charging you in the correct currency. Empty Re: Ryanair not charging you in the correct currency.

Post by Willem114 Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 11:30

I bought also flights with my Neteller card and here the same problem: Ryanair charged me in Pounds rather than in Euros.

I have already complained. Waiting for answer.
Willem114
Willem114
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Ryanair not charging you in the correct currency. Empty Answer Ryanair

Post by Willem114 Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 17:03

Answer Ryanair (and NO, i did not find the button)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Ryanair.

In regards to your recent correspondence, please be advised that when making a booking, on the screen where you have the button “purchase now” you are given the option to change the currency in which your card is charged and you are advised what the amount is in the currency you select and that that amount will be taken from your card. You have there the option weather you accept or you do not accept the exchange rate.
I hope the above has clarified this matter.

<< >>

Please note that if you have any further queries relating to this request you will have to submit another request via our web form.

Yours sincerely,
Maria
The Customer Service Team

For and on Behalf of
RYANAIR LIMITED

Willem114
Willem114
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Ryanair not charging you in the correct currency. Empty Re: Ryanair not charging you in the correct currency.

Post by Master_Dn Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 1:20

there was the option to accept or not the exchange rate, but no option to change currency Shocked
it is now back to normal....
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Willem114 Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 23:45

I wrote to Ryanair that there was no option to change the currency. One day later i got this answer:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Ryanair.

For further investigation can you please provide us with a written detailed account of your experience/complaint to the address or fax number below so we can investigate this in full.

Please send a fax to +353 1 812 1676

Or by post to the following address

Customer Service Department
PO Box 11451
Swords
Co Dublin
Ireland

Please note that if you have any further queries relating to this request you will have to submit another request via our web form.

Yours sincerely,
Mark
The Customer Service Team

For and on Behalf of
RYANAIR LIMITED

Today i have sent a letter (in my best English) to Ireland including a screen print of the purchase page.

I will let you know the answer.
Willem114
Willem114
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Master_Dn Wed 14 Nov 2012 - 3:04

great ! guess I should try to complain also.... where can I find the web form ?
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Willem114 Tue 27 Nov 2012 - 0:16

Look here:

http://frd.ie/complaints/

Choose: General queries and complaints
Willem114
Willem114
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum