Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-flight calling.

2 posters

Go down

In-flight calling. Empty In-flight calling.

Post by stevestrac Thu 7 Aug 2008 - 19:37

Although not in use at the moment, I noticed on EI-DLY last night on returning from Reus. had the signs installed in the ceiling panels with reference to when you are permitted to use a mobile phone.

Now I was wondering if anyone knows the complete list of aircraft with this technology already installed?

If not, could we add aircraft here, if any members notice this installed on their aircraft they fly on.

Here, is a picture, which I snapped back in February of the mobile phone notice panels installed on EI-DLE.

http://stretch282.fotopic.net/p48546518.html
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

In-flight calling. Empty Re: In-flight calling.

Post by atoutprix Fri 8 Aug 2008 - 14:22

Ten aircraft are equipped for in-flight mobile phone service, which could begin already next week :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/2516927/Ryanair-to-begin-mobile-phone-service-next-week.html
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Sat 9 Aug 2008 - 1:48

I was just wondering, so I can have advance warning, by looking at the registration of the aircraft before boarding, as to how loud I'm going to have my iPod Wink
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 11:37

I was on EI-DCN yesterday, and they announced on the p/a that it was possible to use the mobile phone in flight. (as it was on a flight from Italy to Belgium, and the announcement was made in English amongst the usual noise and rumor, not many people seem to have catched it, and I have seen none actually calling).
It's written on the overhead lockers : "You can use your mobile phone on this flight - For more information, see the Ryanair magazine".
And there is a signal fastened on the ceiling :
- lighted in green : "phone use permitted"
- a mention (I forgot the exact wording) in red when you are not, at take-off and landing.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum