Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So guys, any questions?

+5
atoutprix
Ryanairboy
stevestrac
FRCABINCREW
King of Ryanland
9 posters

Go down

So guys, any questions? Empty So guys, any questions?

Post by FRCABINCREW Tue 14 Oct 2008 - 19:37

Ryanair questions answered.....for anything you want to know?
FRCABINCREW
FRCABINCREW
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

So guys, any questions? Empty Re: So guys, any questions?

Post by King of Ryanland Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 9:05

Well there is a small question I have. As I work as ground staff in Switzerland I sometimes travel on standby tickets. With those I can fly back and forwards on the same plane without getting off it if I want. I am always checked in of course for both flights and one of the cabin crew members goes up to the Gate anyway, so she or he brings up my boarding pass.

Would you guys allow something like that? Say if I arrive with a Ryanair flight and hand one of the cabin crew members my boarding pass for the return flight. One of you normally goes up to the Gate anyway.

I want to really boost the amount of Ryanair flights I can pack into one day. I can manage 5 per day without problems, but I'd like to try and get 8 or so doing it this way. Smile
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 9:54

Just out of interest. I've noticed on 1 or 1 and a half hour flights, you manage to get round with the trolley service once. With a 2 or 2 and a half hour flight, you seem to generally get 2 trolley services. Now, I'm flying Stansted to Tenerife on the 4th Nov & returning on the 6th, both flights are in the region of 4 hours, from previous experience on other carriers a few years back. Is it "policy" or just crew choice as to the amount of times you go through the cabin with the trolley service? What I'm sort of trying to get at is, will I get 3 or 4 chances to get a drink on my flights to/from Tenerife, or will it just be the standard 1 or 2. In other words, is it "policy" to go through the cabin once an hour, or through crew choice about the amount of times the trolley goes through the plane?

Also, just in case I get hungry, it would be nice to know I could get something later in the flight than just on the first service.

Thanks in advance
Steve
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCABINCREW Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 18:30

With response to the king of Ryanland about staying onboard and having the boarding card taken to the boarding gate, i personally would not allow this as you are expected to go back through security again. So in response to that no we would not allow that.

With the drinks service. I the flight is over 1 hour long it is expected that we do 2 services, but there is no strict rule on this, it all depends how busy the flight is. You can always press the callbell if you want anything at anytime, remember crew get commission so are more than happy to serve you, and on long flights we often get bored so are more than happy to serve passengers.

hope this helps
FRCABINCREW
FRCABINCREW
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Ryanland Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 18:44

FRCABINCREW wrote:With response to the king of Ryanland about staying onboard and having the boarding card taken to the boarding gate, i personally would not allow this as you are expected to go back through security again. So in response to that no we would not allow that.

I was expecting a negative answer. Quite sad you wouldn't let anyone do that, even though I've been through security at the first airport and am not leaving the plane between the two flights...

Reading your other answer I've got a new question. I thought Ryanair stopped giving cabin crew commission for sales onboard. Or did they just reduce the commission? Slightly confused now... confused
I'm sure you can help on that issue. Laughing
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 19:54

FRCABINCREW wrote: on long flights we often get bored so are more than happy to serve passengers.

So on the Tenerife flight, for example, maybe the crew could start playing games with the passengers..... Like "I Spy" and "Simon Says", would pass the time eh? lol! But then again with a 0640 departure, I think there will be more sleepers than those wanting to participate.
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCABINCREW Wed 15 Oct 2008 - 23:25

Nah Ryanair still gives us commission, often quite a lot too.

I'd happily play games if it passes time by, Il put that suggestion to someone in head office, we could charge passengers for playing connect 4 with them etc. haha.

But in all honesty i cant stand doin nothin on a flight so im always on my feet serving someone or something
FRCABINCREW
FRCABINCREW
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairboy Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 1:40

Hello !

I'm happy to see a FR cabin crew member here !! I know a lot of crew members in CRL and BGY...Most of them are very friendly :-)

Actually, we should warn FR about our website! I think they'd be very happy to see a Ryanair fan club ! By adding our link on the FR website, we'll probably get a LOT of new members here...What do you think about this? Wouldn't it be a good idea ?

Rem : i don't know how to really warn the " ryanair.com " webmaster...
Ryanairboy
Ryanairboy
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Master_Dn Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 2:18

that's quite difficult because FR would get no revenue from this fanclub... but there is always hope =)
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCABINCREW Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 4:08

you could always write to their head office, im sure they'd be greatful!

We FR crew are all friendly, except when confronted with idiot passengers. So just remember next time you see a slightly pissed off crew member on a Ryanair flight, remember they have probably done 3 sectors previously that day full of people with the same complaints- why have i paid priority, why is water £2.50 a bottle, why cant i understand you announcements etc

anyway enough of me rambling
FRCABINCREW
FRCABINCREW
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 9:25

FRCABINCREW, as many on here know by know, from older posts etc etc, I drive the Stansted Express train, as such I also have to deal with travelling public. After a long day of delays and all that, I also tend not to be in the best of moods, which is why, whenever I travel as a member of the public on any mode of transport, including Ryanair, I am the most courteous person going, as I know what it's like to be the "wearer of the uniform"......

Last edited by stevestrac on Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 18:42; edited 1 time in total
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairboy Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 16:31

Meanwhile, I think FR could get some new customers by adding our fanclub link on their website. Discovering that many people are " proud " of Ryanair ( they do a great job, and so on ... ) , customers will be stimulated to book a FR flight...
Ryanairboy
Ryanairboy
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 17:53

Ryanairboy wrote:

Actually, we should warn FR about our website! I think they'd be very happy to see a Ryanair fan club !

I don't know if it is a good idea to make this website and fanclub officially known to Ryanair. They could object to our using their trade mark without authorization, and so on...
Perhaps it's better to remain independant and free - free to have our say as we like and - it can happen - to criticize if need be.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanairGrad Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 18:49

They allready know! And they like it....
Offcourse it's good publicity so why should they object!Wink
RyanairGrad
RyanairGrad
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Master_Dn Thu 16 Oct 2008 - 21:19

another question... will there be a FR base in Porto ( Portugal ) ?
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Fri 17 Oct 2008 - 16:09

another question - when you are rostered for flights departing at say 6am, i assume you must get up at 4am? how do you manage to do this each day Smile
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCABINCREW Fri 17 Oct 2008 - 17:18

As i am aware, they had considered it but its looking unlikely now, even though Ryanair is the second biggest airline flying out of Porto after TAP
FRCABINCREW
FRCABINCREW
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCABINCREW Fri 17 Oct 2008 - 17:19

ruinair wrote:another question - when you are rostered for flights departing at say 6am, i assume you must get up at 4am? how do you manage to do this each day Smile

With great difficulty, i been flying for nearly 2 years and still find it difficult Sad
FRCABINCREW
FRCABINCREW
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCABINCREW Fri 17 Oct 2008 - 20:30

no base in OPO likely
FRCABINCREW
FRCABINCREW
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairbaby Thu 4 Dec 2008 - 12:45

Since i am Ryanair Cabin Crew i thaught i would join! Its nice there is a page were people can give positive comments about there journey and of course us the Staff!

Coolio Page

Dublin Based Cabin Crew Wink
Ryanairbaby
Ryanairbaby
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum