Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

refund for cancelled flight?

4 posters

Go down

refund for cancelled flight? Empty refund for cancelled flight?

Post by zsuzsi Fri 30 Jan 2009 - 12:38

Hi Everyone,
back in november i booked tickets from budapest to frankfurt hahn. I wanted to travel on 26th jan, but then, on 12th dec, i recieved the email that the flights from bud to hhn from the 19th jan are cancelled and that my "refund request has been processed to the form of
payment used to pay for your booking. Your issuing bank will then take 5-7 working days to process this refund amount back to your account."
Does this not mean that i should have recieved my money back in the middle of december? Its almost february, and nothing has happened, and they dont answer my emails either. Or is there an address they really check? Or can you give me a number i could call? (i am from hungary so i would not like to call irish numbers if not necessary)
thanks for your help,
zsuzsi

zsuzsi
zsuzsi
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

refund for cancelled flight? Empty Re: refund for cancelled flight?

Post by atoutprix Fri 30 Jan 2009 - 14:23

Here is a contact about cancelled flights :

For Refunds - Cancelled Flights
Ryanair Refunds Dept
PO Box 11451
Swords
Co Dublin
Ireland
Fax +353 1 8121676

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=cnt&quest=custserv

I suggest that you include all the infos and a copy of all documents you have about the booking and the flight.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by zsuzsi Fri 30 Jan 2009 - 16:29

Thanks for your help.
zsuzsi
zsuzsi
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Fri 30 Jan 2009 - 16:33

To be honest, I've heard many stories about refundation in few of so called Low Cost Company. They're not very fast with this process for known only for them reasons. Some of them might be, that the longer time procedure takes, the longer time they may do this monies works for them - like a short time loan with no "%%%%" included Wink
Anyway, some experienced with similar situation said, that they were waiting some before one, even up to four months to get their money back. Some of them was trying to contact with a call center and was waiting even longer, some of them was doing nothing and they've got their money almost straight away. There's no main rule with that. But if you're waiting like a two months, I think it's good behaviour to call them and ask with old Irish sentence "what the story is?".
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 12:07

Hey guys I have 1 q!
If the flight in one direction is cancelled do I get a possibility to cancel ALSO the return flight and get a refund for both of them?

I have booked a return flight, with out flight due for this Sunday. I am thinking, if my out flight is cancelled (due to recent volcanic activity) it is better to find the alternative by bus and get a return ticket price, and thus, I would not need the return flight.

Also what is the procedure with refunding? Do they pay to your credit card account from which you paid for (if that is even possible) or what?
Indy
Indy
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum