Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When is a good time to search for cheap flights?

5 posters

Go down

When is a good time to search for cheap flights? Empty When is a good time to search for cheap flights?

Post by bluefishJD Thu 6 Aug 2009 - 15:23

Hi Hope someone can help me out or point me in the right direction - basically want to fly to poland for xmas and so far anything i have seen on ryanair site is costing a €1000 as in tickets! - which doesn't exactly scream chaep/affordable flying - so what i would like to know is when do these offers coem out and should i wait until closer to the date in december before i start looking for tickets or just have to lump it and buy the €1000 ones now? - any help would be greatly appreciated
Also...flying with ryanair next week and i am checking in online so will be printing out my own boarding passes - just want advice as our return flight is 12 days later should (or can I) print out my return flight boarding passes at the same time? or is it best to just leave it and do it in an internet cafe soemwhere whilst i am away on holidays?? - again many thanks with any help with above still new to this forum thing so hope i have psoted correctly!!
Many Thanks
BF
bluefishJD
bluefishJD
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

When is a good time to search for cheap flights? Empty Re: When is a good time to search for cheap flights?

Post by ruinair Thu 6 Aug 2009 - 15:29

in general there won't be any cheap flights to anywhere on FR at Xmas time - all special offer deals exclude flying at bank holiday weekends, easter, xmas etc. the flights won't get any cheaper between now and xmas. i think its best to buy the cheapest flight you can find on the FR website today. it wont be €1,000 but it might be €199 - also check out Aer Lingus flights to Poland as well as FR - both will still be cheaper than LOT ..... also its best to print out both your borading passes before you travel - its less hassle to do at home and if you were to lose the return boarding pass then you can print another copy when on your holiday.
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

When is a good time to search for cheap flights? Empty Cheers

Post by bluefishJD Thu 6 Aug 2009 - 15:42

Hey Ruinair - thanks for advice - I thought as much - I should have stated that there would be two of us flying (going over to spend this xmas with her family) hence costing €1000 - will have to do a bit more searching as €199 per ticket sounds reasonable especially for the time of year!
It's just that you see these Ryanair tickets for €10 - €29.99 advertised in local/national press but i just never seem to be able to find them on the FR website, and for the amount of looking i do it would be great to catch a break and get in some cheap flights and spend the "saved" cash on christmas!

Will take ur advice on the passes also (as we have bought tickets for 2 other people who are joining us on our return flight - I presume i can print theirs too? (both outgoing and return flight within 15day limit thingy???) - many thanks
bluefishJD
bluefishJD
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

When is a good time to search for cheap flights? Empty Re: When is a good time to search for cheap flights?

Post by j2op Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 12:29

x-mas is, imho, just a little too far.
Off course there will be just a few cheap tickets stunt during xmas time, but it isn't impossible. Faith, coffee for the night, patience and a bit of good luck are the keys...I've booked already for some (catholic) festivities in italy. You guess, for 0,99€/capite
j2op
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Sat 8 Aug 2009 - 19:46

Well, when I'm looking for some offers first thing to do is to check when the new offer will start. I'm waiting till this time and after midnight checking the reservation system for new flights. That's how I'm playing this game like.
About Poland, hm... everything depends on cities. Well, if you'll depart at Cork, you probable check Wizzair page. As someone has mentioned it before - AerLingus might have interesting offers as well. Especially from Gatwick base if you may do two flights. Ireland-Poland flights basically are expensive at last months, because Ryanair is only, or most important airline here. So you may think about two flights. For example it's much much cheaper to flight on routes Dublin-Charleroi-Wroclaw than Dublin-Wroclaw.
Let me know if you're from Poland - I may explain you many things easier and give more interesting tips&tricks on that routes Wink
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

When is a good time to search for cheap flights? Empty When is a good time to search for cheap flights?

Post by warrengecks Thu 20 Mar 2014 - 5:40

In my opinion the best time to buy cheap tickets is in weak days. Also you can subscribe an email alert for new offers in airline. Advance booking cost lesser than the immediate.
Also See nanakflights[dot]com
warrengecks
warrengecks
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down