Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair Cuts Routes And Jobs In Manchester !

+3
EchoVictorOscar
ruinair
msep003
7 posters

Go down

Ryanair Cuts Routes And Jobs In Manchester ! Empty Ryanair Cuts Routes And Jobs In Manchester !

Post by msep003 Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 14:46

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Ryanair-Cuts-9-Out-Of-10-Routes-From-Manchester-Airport-With-Loss-Of-600-Jobs/Article/200908315363084?lpos=Business_Top_Stories_Header_0&lid=ARTICLE_15363084_Ryanair_Cuts_9_Out_Of_10_Routes_From_Manchester_Airport_With_Loss_Of_600_Job

Is this because FR needs more Aircrafts to open a new Base in Malta if FR reach the agreement with the Maltese Gouv ?
msep003
msep003
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Ryanair Cuts Routes And Jobs In Manchester ! Empty Re: Ryanair Cuts Routes And Jobs In Manchester !

Post by ruinair Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 15:16

nope .... looks like the aircraft will move to Liverpool, LBA etc

ps funny how they move 9 flights on a principle but they keep the one most profitable and busy route from MAN to DUB Wink
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Ryanair Cuts Routes And Jobs In Manchester ! Empty Re: Ryanair Cuts Routes And Jobs In Manchester !

Post by EchoVictorOscar Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 16:06

I said they needed to get their act together ...
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 16:25

ruinair wrote:nope .... looks like the aircraft will move to Liverpool, LBA etc

Don't get what you mean about aircraft being moved. No aircraft are based at Manchester, they operate from existing hubs. So the likely hood of Liverpool, LBA etc getting further aircraft is very little. Very Happy
Adam
Adam
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 16:57

noted. i meant to say the flights will move to Liverpool, EMA, LBA
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 17:00

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooo, I flew alot of flights out of Manchester(my hub) .. more jet setting now manchester to bremen via dublin and stansted... I have a flt from NRN weeze to MAN 28th oct 09.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 17:01

ruinair wrote:noted. i meant to say the flights will move to Liverpool, EMA, LBA

Get what you mean now. Lets hope we here some new routes announced soon. Very Happy
Adam
Adam
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 18:01

Just contacted ryanair customer services about the cancellations .. they didnot even realise the manchester flights will be cancelled from 1st oct lol Shocked she sais nothing was on her system... got my cheap alternative anyway so alls good.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 19:01

Haha I was thinking to visit MAN via CRL - good I took other opportunity because this way could go nowhere Wink
Anyway, strange behaviour as MAN seems to be popular destination. I'm just curious if it's another idea to get more money like the last year's cuttings from so called "expensive" airports like Rzeszów, or Cracov. Or if it's true, they may cut some flights from other expensive airports, especially the british ones.
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 21:26

hope birmingham is not cut :s
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 21:28

There was a long report on this topic on BBC News 24 this evening. The CEO of MAN airport authority said FR only pay £3 per pax which doesn't sound too high? The reporter quoted a person from MAN airport who said 'Ryanair made us an offer we COULD refuse.' Very Happy
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 21:41

ruinair wrote:There was a long report on this topic on BBC News 24 this evening. The CEO of MAN airport authority said FR only pay £3 per pax which doesn't sound too high? The reporter quoted a person from MAN airport who said 'Ryanair made us an offer we COULD refuse.' Very Happy
So how the hell those £3 corelates with £29.41 described as taxes / charges in for example MAN-DUB flight??
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 21:54

amnesia wrote:
ruinair wrote:There was a long report on this topic on BBC News 24 this evening. The CEO of MAN airport authority said FR only pay £3 per pax which doesn't sound too high? The reporter quoted a person from MAN airport who said 'Ryanair made us an offer we COULD refuse.' Very Happy
So how the hell those £3 corelates with £29.41 described as taxes / charges in for example MAN-DUB flight??

The CEO of MAN was lying about the £3 per passenger. No way would Ryanair pull out over £3. If they did, then why do they continue to pay much higher charges at other airports in Europe?

Manchester have lost the 600,000 pax who, in the current climate, nobody will be willing to replace. It's their loss.
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 22:08

neilk2304 wrote:The CEO of MAN was lying about the £3 per passenger.
If was, Ryanair would not lost opportunity to write about it to show itself as suffered in war agains another unfair monopoly Wink
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Master_Dn Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 1:27

amnesia, the government charge is one thing and the airport charge is another.
Master_Dn
Master_Dn
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 1:33

No prisoners are taken welcome to the dog eat dog in the world of business cheers
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 11:43

I know £3 is not the only charge they have to pay, but are all of that taxes/charges really almost £30?!
I don't think to be honest and I give another example. The flight Madrid - Lanzarote - 19 nov. Competition between FR and EasyJet. Ryanair's price is about €24 which is €5 online check-in and €18+ of so called charges/taxes. Then EasyJet's price is €27 which is almost €20 price and only €7 for "Third-party airport operator charges & government taxes". Same airport, same route, probable same terms because both airlines have a base there. Even lower costs for FR because of only self checkin system (no checkin agents to be paid) and only one checkin/drop-off desk rented. As far as I've checked FR almost everywhere has highest taxes/charges than other LCCs.
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 18:24

Adam
Adam
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by dutch Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 11:48

anyone know whether anything is happening here.

would love dusseldorf - liverpool to happen
Anonymous
dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down