Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mistake in nationality!

+6
paparazzidub
hparis
Mushroom
Bad English
atoutprix
Anastasia
10 posters

Go down

Mistake in nationality! Empty Mistake in nationality!

Post by Anastasia Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 11:38

Hello! Mistake in nationality! Icon_smile Yesterday I checked - in online and in NATIONALITY I wrote what I am Russian. But I live in Latvia and am the citizen of Latvia. Also in my passport is mentioned that I am Latvian.
I would like to know might be some problems with it in airport?

Thanks in advance. Mistake in nationality! Icon_smile
Anastasia
Anastasia
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Mistake in nationality! Empty Re: Mistake in nationality!

Post by atoutprix Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 18:41

When checkin-in on-line, you have to enter ia :
a- your nationality
b- the country of issue of your passport

I understand that you have answered :
a- Russia
b- Latvia

Latvia is in the European Union (EU), Russia is not.
On the boarding card you have just printed, are you registered as an EU or as a non EU citizen ?
If it's written "non EU" on your boarding pass, you'll have to show your passport to the Ryanair desk before going to the security check :

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL NON EU/EEA PASSENGERS
Irrespective of a passenger's visa requirements, all non EU/EEA citizens must have their travel documents checked and online boarding pass stamped at the Ryanair Visa/Document Check Desk before going through airport security.
All non EU/EEA passengers must do this in order to ensure compliance with immigration authorities.
RYANAIR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION WITHOUT REFUND AND TO DENY YOU BOARDING IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE REQUIREMENT

Now for the main problem : is the Russian/Latvian false double nationality going to cause trouble or even boarding refusal ?

The boarding card mentions your nationality, and not your passport particularities (not any more).
As your nationality is mentioned as Russian, whilst your passport is Latvian, it may well raise some difficulty.

I suggest you ask Ryanair about it :
http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/contact-numbers
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad English Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 23:01

Hello, first-time poster here. I read this thread with interest as I've just done a similar thing: I checked in online for my wife, a friend and myself. I am British and they are French. We are using our passports and our French friend is using her National ID card.

All went fine, for me and my wife, but I managed to put our friend down as "United Kingdom" instead of "France". So she's got an EU/EEA boarding pass with the wrong nationality on it.

I suppose I will have to ring the call centre, but do they charge for this type of rectification? thanks for to anyone who can shed any light on this.
Bad English
Bad English
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mushroom Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 23:10

Or you can just goto the ticket desk on the day of your departure and they will cross it out and stamp it ok
Mushroom
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad English Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 23:17

Really? I'm flying from Girona by the way. Well, if that's the case, then great. Thanks for the tip. Come to think of it, I'm surprised the website allows you to choose "National ID card" associated with "UK" nationality!

Last edited by Bad English on Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 23:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added extra comment)
Bad English
Bad English
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mushroom Wed 17 Feb 2010 - 0:45

Possibly easier programming. It takes a lot to change it for a certain setting. Besides with the introduction of ID cards to certain sets of people in the UK, it could happen
Mushroom
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Mistake in nationality! Empty Nationality error on boarding pass

Post by hparis Thu 1 Apr 2010 - 11:47

Hello everyone,

I just made a (big?) mistake while checking-in on ryanair website: I filled in the wrong nationality: Finnish (instead of french). The mistake also appears on my boarding pass.

Can anyone tell me if there will be any problem to board in?

Hugo
hparis
hparis
FR Starter
FR Starter

Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by paparazzidub Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 18:30

Hi, I did a same mistake, flying on Friday from London to Riga
Don't know what to do. In nationality I stated Russian, but I got Latvian passport.
Will that cause a problem?

In the reality I'm Russian, my parents Russians and I was born in Russia, in USSR. I never wanted to be Latvian. Before Latvian citizen passport I had an Alien passport, so I had to pass a special Latvian language exam to get a Latvian citizen passport. But I'm Russian. My mother language is Russian.

It's far more complicated then it seems to...
paparazzidub
paparazzidub
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by hparis Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 20:10

What I did is that I went to the Ryanair board, at the Ryanair airport. They changed it for free. But since I'm member of the EU, I cannot tel this will apply to you.

Maybe, you should find the email/phone of your leaving airport and ask them directly.

Hope it helps

Hugo
hparis
hparis
FR Starter
FR Starter

Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BaguM Thu 13 May 2010 - 0:29

Hi All Smile

I have helped a friend of mine with RyanAir flights registration, and we did the same mistake as Anastasia (topic starter) and paparazzidub! My friend is a citizen of Latvia and he has a valid Latvian passport, but his nationality is Russian. And we indicated Russian in the Nationality field during online check-in. Also some people can indicate a wrong nationality just hitting the next country to their citizenship country (France instead of Finland for example), and will notice it only after completing the online check-in form. Nothing can be found on RyanAir web-page regarding this. Have someone experienced something like that (putted wrong nationality instead of a correct one and went to the airport with incorrect nationality in the boarding pass)? Topic starter hasn't gave any feedback on how her case ended, but this information would be very helpful. We made this mistake after RyanAir's customer support has closed and will be calling them in the morning. I will definitely inform all of you regarding the process of nationality change with RyanAir.

P.S. according to posts in different forums RyanAir can change it for free or it could be done in the airport also for free. But anyway there is a chance of some fee.
P.P.S. and once more thing. I assume that the word CITIZENSHIP is better in this case (online check-in) than the word NATIONALITY.

update: my friend contacted RyanAir and they said that they will correct the nationality and there is no fee for this operation. That's is a really good news Mistake in nationality! Icon_cheers So if you have made a mistake in the nationality field, do not worry about it. But it is better to contact RyanAir and let them change the nationality to the correct one instead of hoping to pass through in the airport.

Best regards,
BaguM.
BaguM
BaguM
FR Starter
FR Starter

Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Mistake in nationality! Empty Change in Nationality

Post by Living9 Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 13:02

Dear all

Aren't forums so useful. I just checked in for my flight on Friday and quickly checked everything but when I printed out the form it said I was Latvian instead of Irish ... had moved to next country. I have nothing against Latvia (unless it is costing me £35 to change on my booking).

Reading through I wasn't sure if RA would change it for free or not but after a call to Dublin and waiting 7 minutes a very nice lady changed my Nationality back to Irish FOR FREE.

So, thanks all for raising the issue and keeping my blood pressure down.

PS Here in the UK we have a site called 'saynoto0870b dot com which gives you an Eire number to ring. Using my 1p a minute number to dial beforehand the whole experience cost me about 10p but 30 minutes stress. Moral of the story; check the detail and well done RA for not charging for this little error.

Happy travelling all.
Living9
Living9
FR Starter
FR Starter

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by krimos Mon 1 Aug 2011 - 20:32

Hy, i have the similar problem ... i am flying on friday to london from Pula. My friend has double nationality :Croatian and Slovenian. I put Naionality : Croatia and Slovenian passport. He has a valid Croatia ID card and Slovenian passport. Will it make troubles and if it will can we change it before flight on check-in
krimos
krimos
FR Starter
FR Starter

Registration date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by legion18 Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 12:37

Hello guys!

I did the same mistake, but it solved very quickly, as I used the live chat of Ryanair. They will change the nationality on your boarding pass and you can reprint it, and its free! I think this is the best way to solve the problem if you dont want to call the customer service Smile
legion18
legion18
FR Starter
FR Starter

Registration date : 2015-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down