Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mistake in ID card number

3 posters

Go down

mistake in ID card number Empty mistake in ID card number

Post by smurf Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 12:21

Yesterday evening I made the online check in.
They asked for 'documentnummer' without any explanation which number is meant. When I had the boarding card I saw this had to be the ID card number. Why don't they ask this in the first place?? I had put here the registration number. Would this give any problem?
I tried to call this morning to the call center but whereas the website says you will call for max 1€/min the first thing they tell you at the phone it is that ik will be 2€/min after 5 min waiting and no connection to an operator I stopped waiting, again 10€ gone.

Another question.
On de website they state that to take a maxi cosi is 10€ but when you want to register baby equipment online it costs 20€?
How to arrange this?
smurf
smurf
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

mistake in ID card number Empty Re: mistake in ID card number

Post by don_salvatore87 Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 14:10

This problem can be amended though the call-center or the airport ticket desk.
Try to (if possible) go to the airport ticket desk and they can change the web checkin details in their system. After this has been done just go back to www.ryanair.com->Online Checkin->Print again.
don_salvatore87
don_salvatore87
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 144
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden, closest airport: Gothenburg City Airport
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 14:20

smurf wrote:
They asked for 'documentnummer' without any explanation which number is meant. When I had the boarding card I saw this had to be the ID card number. Why don't they ask this in the first place??

Mistakes do happen, and one can be confused at the first Ryanair check-in experience, this is quite understandable.

Nevertheless, when you check in on line, they ask you : "Document type ?" and you have to select "EEA national ID card" or "Passport".
Then, they ask you : "Document number ?". It's of course the number of the document you have just selected - ID card or passport ...

Don Salvatore has just given you the best advice to put it right.

Have a nice trip !
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by smurf Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 15:08

Can I do the option of going to Charleroi when we are leaving on Thursday?
I got informed that the website will be offline and it will not be possible to check in or print boarding passes.
smurf
smurf
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by smurf Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 15:36

When is the best moment to call the call center?
I don't want to be hold at the line for minutes (I timed 5 minutes on the clock this morning) without being served. That will make already a donation of 10€ to Ryanair (2€/min was mentioned when I called). I see that the Belgian line in English is open untill 17.45h or should I better try to explain it in French on the French line which is open later.

If my ID card is a document then also my Visa card is as they look alike. Why do they only call it 'paspoortnummer' afterwards? This is more clear. Actually it says "Paspoort-/burgerservicenummer Nee." What is burgerservicenummer and why is there a Nee????
I don't think it is clear as I had to give date of birth and ID tings on the other side of the page.
smurf
smurf
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Tue 23 Jun 2009 - 18:44

If you understand English, I'll advise you to go on the english Ryanair site - it's always more reliable to read the original text rather than a translation : traduttore, traditore (translation is betrayal) !
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by smurf Wed 24 Jun 2009 - 0:46

You might be right. But still it is tricky I find now on the site in Dutch that Ryanair.com will be offline from 20-05h on the page in English it says 19-05h, considering 1h time delay it is correct, but again one could be mistaken. You know what they say about Murphy ...

Somebody an idea about the best moment to call which call center????
smurf
smurf
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by smurf Wed 24 Jun 2009 - 11:16

I called this morning and finally could talk to somebody who told me that I had to call another number for internet reservations??????
This number is NOT mentioned on the website and there the price is 3€/min !!!!!!!
smurf
smurf
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down