Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News for Girona and Reus airports !

5 posters

Go down

News for Girona and Reus airports !  Empty News for Girona and Reus airports !

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 18:48

The agreement in both Girona and Reus has been reached today. Ryanair will add new planes and routes to these airports from April 2012. The target: 2-3 million pax annually from Girona, 500.000 pax on the Reus routes.

The agreement has been reached with the Catalonian Genaralitat. The last important condition to be met: AENA may not increase "their already high rates in Girona and Reus", otherwise the draft agreements will be cancelled and the aircraft will be repositioned to other airports with lower costs.

Found on pprune !

ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

News for Girona and Reus airports !  Empty Re: News for Girona and Reus airports !

Post by HollandRyanair Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 18:56

To finish things off:

The marketing support for Ryanair will amount to 5.8 million EUR per year in Girona, 3.2 million in Reus. In addition, Ryanair will receive some land (as far as I understand close to the Girona airport) where they can start the construction of a hotel and will be encouraged to erect a hangar at the airport.

It's a deal, only AENA could break it by raising fees.
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

News for Girona and Reus airports !  Empty Re: News for Girona and Reus airports !

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 19:46

The future is looking blue with a little bit of yellow Razz
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by djfwells Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 22:41

What a turnaround from last week's news !
djfwells
djfwells
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoffram Thu 24 Nov 2011 - 6:56

New routes announced from Girona for April 2012, but sadly, London isn't amongst them. Does anyone think that's on the cards, or will we Londoners have to fly to El Prat or Reus still?
Geoffram
Geoffram
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by djfwells Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 22:09

Today's news makes the future at Reus and Girona look a little more rosy !
http://tinyurl.com/d9exqpp
djfwells
djfwells
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

News for Girona and Reus airports !  Empty Girona back in business!

Post by Geoffram Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 16:43

It seems like the UK and Girona (Barcelona) are connected again. From around Sunday 25th March, London (Luton) and Stansted Ryanair have re-commenced flights. This is in addition to the El Prat and Reus flights. Great news for Girona airport, which has been looking very sad recently (Avis even moved out of the arrivals hall into a hut outside the airport).
Geoffram
Geoffram
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by djfwells Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 22:03

19 new routes announced fro Girona ( Will this mean a no-go for Castellon ? )http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/4592-ryanair-announce-new-flights-to-girona.html
djfwells
djfwells
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoffram Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 12:01

Interesting difference in approach from Ryanair about this: 19 NEW routes were announced from Girona, but the reconnection between Girona and London that I mentioned above has been ignored by Ryanair Publicity department. My natural instinct would be that when you re-start flights that have hitherto been suspended, you'd want to do it with a flourish. But it was only my obsessive scouring of the schedules that I realised flights were going to be resumed from the end of March. I'll be interested to know how these flights do, now that El Prat seems to be established with two flights were day in the winter months. One odd observation: on three days a week, a flight leaves Luton for Gerona at 0715 and Stansted at 0710. Wouldn't it have been better to have spaced them as on the other days of the week? I'm sure there's some good scheduling reason, but, from the customers' point of view, it doesn't make good business sense does it?
While we're on the subject, I wish Ryanair would follow the example of the other airlines which fly from multi-airports in a city: have one destination - say LONDON ALL AIRPORTS - which combines the flights from Luton, Gatwick and Stansted into one. Would make it easier for the flying public. Same thing for Barcelona, really. Could have BARCELONA ALL AIRPORTS, too, for that matter, combining El Prat, Reus and Girona.
Geoffram
Geoffram
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down