Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'The Little Book of Mick' - October 2008

+3
stevestrac
don_salvatore87
RyanairGrad
7 posters

Go down

'The Little Book of Mick' - October 2008 Empty 'The Little Book of Mick' - October 2008

Post by ruinair Wed 2 Jul 2008 - 12:19

'The Little Book of Mick' - October 2008 The-li16

Hello - I am pleased to give the Forum readers advance notice of my next book which will feature all the best quotes from MO'L .... the book will be published in Ireland in October 2008.

Michael O’Leary, the retiring Chief Executive of Europe’s largest low fares airline Ryanair, speaks his mind. The European Commission are ‘communists‘, airport operators are ‘overcharging rapists‘, British Airways are ‘expensive bastards’, environmentalists are ‘eco-nut bags’ and travel agents are ‘fuckers‘. 'Do we carry rich people on our flights? Yes, I flew on one this morning and I’m very rich.'

Paul Kilduff, author of the best-selling ‘Ruinair‘, has gathered O’Leary’s choicest utterances. Prepare to be informed, possibly offended but most certainly amused.

On customer refunds : ‘You’re not getting a refund so **** off.’

On airline security : ‘We are not going to die at the hands of toiletries.’

On working at Ryanair : ‘The only thing I will not do is fly the aircraft.’

On his wedding guests : ‘Who the **** is Aunty **** Mavis?’

On popularity : 'I don't give a shite if nobody likes me.’

Last edited by ruinair on Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 17:30; edited 2 times in total
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

'The Little Book of Mick' - October 2008 Empty Re: 'The Little Book of Mick' - October 2008

Post by ruinair Sun 12 Oct 2008 - 21:18

My next book is published this week and i have some early copies! I am happy to send a signed copy to the first member of this forum who can post here below in reply, the one missing word in this following quote from MO'L? thanks

‘I'm an Irish peasant at heart. I grew up on a farm in the Irish countryside, and now I live on a farm in the Irish countryside. You would impress nobody if you drove to the paper shop on a Sunday morning in your ************. They'd think you were a gobshite. And you probably would be. A big tractor, now, they might be impressed. But it doesn't get to the shop fast enough for me.’
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

'The Little Book of Mick' - October 2008 Empty Re: 'The Little Book of Mick' - October 2008

Post by RyanairGrad Sun 12 Oct 2008 - 21:34

Yes please!
RyanairGrad
RyanairGrad
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by don_salvatore87 Sun 12 Oct 2008 - 22:19

‘I'm an Irish peasant at heart. I grew up on a farm in the Irish countryside, and now I live on a farm in the Irish countryside. You would impress nobody if you drove to the paper shop on a Sunday morning in your Ferrari. They'd think you were a gobshite. And you probably would be. A big tractor, now, they might be impressed. But it doesn't get to the shop fast enough for me.’ Smile
don_salvatore87
don_salvatore87
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 144
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden, closest airport: Gothenburg City Airport
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Mon 13 Oct 2008 - 11:25

well done Don! 100% correct. A book is on the way to you.
will I send it to you at GSE airport or elsewhere! cheers
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Ryanland Mon 13 Oct 2008 - 12:04

Great to hear it's nearly published! Was on your homepage yesterday to see if it's already out but it still said "not published yet".
Really looking forward to a good read!
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Tue 14 Oct 2008 - 10:28

hi - it is published on Friday 17th October but it's available for purchase now on amazon uk web site and they will send it asap!
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Mon 20 Oct 2008 - 16:30

a sneak preview ...

http://www.herald.ie/lifestyle/oleary-lets-fly-1503755.html
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Thu 27 Nov 2008 - 1:49

Just to let you know, another book was sold at Hughes & Hughes at DUB yesterday! Got to page 30 on the flight back to STN, SUPERB!

This is hand on heart, "ruinair" has not paid me, but out of all the books in Hughes & Hughes at Dublin yesterday, the ONLY BOOK that had a depth of books already purchased was............. "Little Book of Mick" everything else had 1 or 2 missing, this must have had about 8-10 missing. Brilliant read as well.
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Thu 27 Nov 2008 - 13:32

Thanks Steve! I am glad you are enjoying 'The Little Book of Mick'! the book is currently the no. 11 best selling non fiction book in Ireland - everyone loves to read what Mick has to say ..... cheers
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by danieln Thu 27 Nov 2008 - 15:35

I am still reading Ruinair, the previous book. In Dutch we say "it reads like a... train" (which means that you can't put it away)

Keep on the good work!
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 11:49

good stuff - watch out too for the sequel book set in eastern europe, called Ruinairski, published end of February 2009. http://www.paulkilduff.com/ruinairski.htm cheers

Last edited by ruinair on Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 17:46; edited 1 time in total
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 14:01

Going to DUB in two weeks from now, I hope there still will be one left for me to buy and enjoy ?
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 17:05

yes there should be plenty in stock - there are 4 hughes and hughes bookshops in Dublin airport, in Pier A, Pier B, Pier C and Pier D, so i am sure one will have the last copy left in Ireland. i will sign some of their stock on my next trip through the airport so you might even find a signed copy to buy! cheers

Last edited by ruinair on Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 20:53; edited 2 times in total
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Ryanland Fri 28 Nov 2008 - 20:12

ruinair wrote:i will sign some of their stock on my next trip through the airport so you might even find a signed copy to buy!

Damn, and I just bought my f***ing copy this morning in Pier D! Smile Smile
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sun 14 Dec 2008 - 16:08

Bought my copy (6,99 euros) thursday at Waterstone's, Dawson Street. Fascinating ! I like MOL's common sense and straightforwardness, and it's most interesting to have "his choicest utterances" all gathered in one book.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 10:34

I am pleased to advise that the book will be published in the UK in April 2010, under the title: 'The Wit and Wisdom of Michael O'Leary'. It will be published by Aurum Press, who also published the definitive 'Ryanair' book by Siobhan Creaton, so they must like FR! cheers
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 10:51

Are there any addition to the Irish version ?
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 11:12

yes it will include the best new quotes from MOL since mid 2008 Very Happy
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down