Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't find any cheap flights Ireland-Spain

Go down

Can't find any cheap flights Ireland-Spain Empty Can't find any cheap flights Ireland-Spain

Post by dohouch Wed 23 Jan 2013 - 10:55

Used to be able to fly Dub>Mad for less than €40 return, and Dublin-Malaga for less than €50, I'm talking here about 2011. Now all I see are Madrid for €90+, and Malaga for €120+. I know the Spanish have raised airport taxes, but that can't be the sole reason for such a hike in prices. I did fly Dublin-Tenerife in December for €140 return which is O.K. for a 4 1/2 hour flight. Just booked Dublin>Madrid with Aerlingus end of February for €123 rtn, Ryr was €93. Aerlingus has more convenient departure times in this case.
dohouch
dohouch
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

Can't find any cheap flights Ireland-Spain Empty Re: Can't find any cheap flights Ireland-Spain

Post by dohouch Wed 23 Jan 2013 - 20:17

A bit more on this --- Surprised there hasn't been more talk about this, or maybe I missed it.

I went Dub>Tenerife in November for €140 which compares well to what I paid 2 years ago(€110), cheap for 9 hours in the air.

Cheapest lights to Canaries increase by 30%, flights to Madrid, Malaga by 300%.

Does it have to do with having less aircraft in the air in winter months? then not having then to fill seats at very low prices.
dohouch
dohouch
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down