Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not so cheap

5 posters

Go down

Not so cheap Empty Not so cheap

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 21:14

Booked 2 return flights Yesterday( MAN-CRL ) for March 2nd £72.. Today the price for the same flights have shot up to £91.98 Shocked I was lucky.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Not so cheap Empty Re: Not so cheap

Post by atoutprix Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:58

Regrettably, the Ryanair prices recently have taken a sharp turn upwards ...
It's more and more difficult to find really cheap prices - one used to find some flights priced at 2, 6 or 9 euros - or even 0,99 euro ! but those happy times are over, I fear ...
On the whole, Ryanair remains the cheapest, even before the other LCC, but the difference has perhaps been a bit reduced.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Fri 15 Feb 2013 - 3:48

You're right. With the CRL-MAN route as the worst performing route from CRL, you expect prices to be much lower than you payed. About a week ago I booked a weekend return flight EIN-WAW with a friday departure and monday the flight back for €4,- each way. Got a really good price with that one and making use of the Modlin closure Smile Very cheap for a return flight to the capitals main airport and I've never been to Warsaw.

Since then I've been looking for some more flights, but nothing to be found. Just a few cheap flights to GDN and WAW, but besides that everything is more than €50 return.
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by abovetheclouds Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 7:39

I heard prices will go up with summer schedule.. :/
I used to fly for 2 euro return, now the lowest I can get on the same route is 50 euro return...
Good days are gone :/
abovetheclouds
abovetheclouds
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 11:02

It gets worrying ... the Ryanair fares are really becoming more and more expensive.
Take, for instance, the present "promotional fares" from Brussels South Charleroi : the lowest prices are to Oslo and Rodez (10 euros), then it jumps to at least 27 euros for the other destinations.
Air France is now a real competitor, with its 50 euros fares (for instance, on Lille-Marseille, AF can actually be cheaper than FR !).
If this tendency is confirmed, I fear that RYR will not get much more passengers in 2013 (it has carried just short of 80 million pax in 2012).

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 19:47

Yes i find it cheaper to combine flights these days with multi airlines. Example flying one way with RYR and then return with another carrier ( where available) - this way i am still flying to the sun for prices much cheaper than anyone carrier can offer at this time.

I fly MAN-CRL on Saturday paid £36 return - still not a bad price but looking back £12-£24 return was the average price pale

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 9:09

Is it a general tendency ? EasyJet and Wizzair also seem to have raised their fares ... Bad times for us LCC users - and for our bank accounts !
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbutty Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 16:57

i think it is a general tendency, mainly driven by the price of oil etc. Im still very happy with the fares though, Just priced up MAN to Girona for £30 earlier. The price of a takeaway Smile
Sbutty
Sbutty
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 20:13

£22 some flights MAN to Girona - a very good price... but if that £6 admin fee pp each way was scrapped you could have an extra takeaway bounce and i could fly several times more each month Very Happy
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbutty Thu 28 Feb 2013 - 8:33

True, very true.
Sbutty
Sbutty
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 28 Feb 2013 - 14:28

Late April Manchester- Reus (Salou) £17 each way 3 day stay.. good weather and just before the Holiday madness starts Cool
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Not so cheap Empty Billund/Denmark

Post by Guest Fri 1 Mar 2013 - 10:34

I have been loving Ryanair from first day i Denmark, it was so nice.. People tell it not easy to buy a ticket, but I say you only need to take good time, look all over befor you buy.
Long time Ryanair give good price on a ticket, thanks for that.. BUT scratch now I lost a lot for Ryanair, I see now they again put price so much up, I will have to find new ways, so bye bye Barcelona, was so nice years.. I hope Ryanair come back, but it dont look like it.. bye Ryanair
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Fri 1 Mar 2013 - 12:45

skor1970 wrote:I have been loving Ryanair from first day i Denmark, it was so nice.. People tell it not easy to buy a ticket, but I say you only need to take good time, look all over befor you buy.
Long time Ryanair give good price on a ticket, thanks for that.. BUT scratch now I lost a lot for Ryanair, I see now they again put price so much up, I will have to find new ways, so bye bye Barcelona, was so nice years.. I hope Ryanair come back, but it dont look like it.. bye Ryanair

Yes it seems tough times are being witnessed by all in this current economic crisis - Let's hope you return in the near future, you should have ended your post with -
Arnold Schwarzeneggers quote "I'll be back" bounce
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Mar 2013 - 13:21

Ryanairflyer wrote:
skor1970 wrote:I have been loving Ryanair from first day i Denmark, it was so nice.. People tell it not easy to buy a ticket, but I say you only need to take good time, look all over befor you buy.

Yes it seems tough times are being witnessed by all in this current economic crisis - Let's hope you return in the near future, you should have ended your post with -
Arnold Schwarzeneggers quote "I'll be back" bounce

I have been travel with Ryanair scratch 8-9 years and 6 of the years to Barcelona, in 2011 the price went up, but still good price, BUT 2012 the price was dobble of the cheapest ticket, and AGAIN 2013 I see the price is dobble of the 2012 price and we still speak about price of the cheapest ticket, so it like 300% more expensiv now.. Hallelujaaaa
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 20:37

Just bought 2 return flights for £47.96

4 days in Salou April.. not bad. MAN/REU
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 21:06

Ryanairflyer wrote:Just bought 2 return flights for £47.96

4 days in Salou April.. not bad. MAN/REU

Bought 5 return tickets to Mahon (Menorca) in April for €100,-. (NRN-MAH)
€20,- for a return to Spain is not bad at all Smile
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbutty Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 13:44

Not a bad run that al in for £50.
Sbutty
Sbutty
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 14:29

€20 return is great Wink (Same route today is only €9 each way or €90 x5 14th-21st), I will need to re- locate and live in Germany.. bounce ... Cool Have a good holiday.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 19:23

Ryanairflyer wrote:€20 return is great Wink (Same route today is only €9 each way or €90 x5 14th-21st), I will need to re- locate and live in Germany.. bounce ... Cool Have a good holiday.

Thanks a lot! Quite some good deals around for Belgium, Holland and Germany. One of the new routes from EIN, starting with the opening of the base, to Bordeaux is also €18,- return. But yes, the flight to Menorca are great for that price. Especially since FR doesn't offer a lot of flight from there. For the UK people: I spotted a weekend return (Fri-Mon) 19-22 April from East Midlands to Menorca for 32 GBP.. Not bad either
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down