Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair reducing fares sharply!

2 posters

Go down

Ryanair reducing fares sharply! Empty Ryanair reducing fares sharply!

Post by CPH Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 12:24

Ryanair reducing fares sharply, the market is under pressure and and the competitors getting sharper, fares up to 70 % lower from Sweden.

Article in Swedish:

http://www.boarding.no/art.asp?id=55162

CPH
CPH
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ryanair reducing fares sharply! Empty Re: Ryanair reducing fares sharply!

Post by CPH Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 17:04

I am sure that Ryanair flies into a new airspace in the future, competitors and customers are being smarter and sharper. We will probably see it on the traffic figures for September when they come in a few days.
The new attitude of MOL is also clearly derived from this new outside pressure.
And only now, is Ryanair accepting then fact that their web site stinks.
CPH
CPH
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:08

CPH wrote:I am sure that Ryanair flies into a new airspace in the future, competitors and customers are being smarter and sharper. We will probably see it on the traffic figures for September when they come in a few days.
Your such a fan of RYR bounce  Can I ask if you fly Ryanair frequently? from most of your posts I get the feeling of  negativity towards the airline, but hey that's your opinion, it's good to hear your views. Wink

In Addition to your views I do not think any Scandinavian based Airline could lower their airfares to compete with Ryanair at this time, so it's good the locals without big wallets can still fly.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CPH Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:52

Ryanairflyer wrote:
CPH wrote:I am sure that Ryanair flies into a new airspace in the future, competitors and customers are being smarter and sharper. We will probably see it on the traffic figures for September when they come in a few days.
Your such a fan of RYR bounce  Can I ask if you fly Ryanair frequently? from most of your posts I get the feeling of  negativity towards the airline, but hey that's your opinion, it's good to hear your views. Wink

In Addition to your views I do not think any Scandinavian based Airline could lower their airfares to compete with Ryanair at this time, so it's good the locals without big wallets can still fly.
I am not a fan as such, but I am very impressed with the results Ryanair have shown over the years, but I am afraid Ryanair will face some challenges in the next few years.

You are right, no airline in Europe can compete with Ryanair price wise, but there is a saying if FR is not that much cheaper than x-airline I will choose the competition, and that is what is happening now. And the number of people flying just because it is cheap is dwindling, particularly because of the poor economy in many European markets.
It is expensive to be poor!
CPH
CPH
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:03

[quote="CPH"][quote="Ryanairflyer"]
CPH wrote:, particularly because of the poor economy in many European markets.  
Yes unfortunately the poor economy is affecting most of Europe, any company still turning over a respectable profit must be doing something right, it is dog eat dog in the business world and only those with the know how will survive. The future can still be rosy for some but for others unfortunately bleak.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CPH Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:11

Yes FR is more profitable than any other airline in Europe, but the margin will be lower. Remember FR will return quite a few planes in the next coming months, (2 stored (Ei-DLS EI-DLT) at the moment fleet is now 301), so the pax numbers will be somehow lower next year less than 80 million, next new delivery is autumn 2014.
CPH
CPH
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:21

CPH wrote:Yes FR is more profitable than any other airline in Europe, but the margin will be lower. Remember FR will return quite a few planes in the next coming months, (2 stored (Ei-DLS EI-DLT) at the moment fleet is now 301), so the pax numbers will be somehow lower next year less than 80 million, next new delivery is autumn 2014.
Aviation will change dramatically in the forthcoming years and long term planning is essential, unfortunately several Airlines flying today will not be part of this. This is only My opinion but I do feel Ryanair will be one Airline still flying and still in profit.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CPH Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 14:25

Traffic figures September 2013, traffic up 3 % and load up 1 point from 84 to 85, probably due to reduced fares?
CPH
CPH
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down