Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Prestwick

2 posters

Go down

Glasgow Prestwick Empty Glasgow Prestwick

Post by Skifly Tue 19 May 2009 - 16:47

Hello!
I'am going to make a trip with Ryanair from Gothenburg (GSE) to Glasgow Prestwick (PIK) in june. But I' am woundering about how to get to/from the airport and the city of Glasgow? Which is the cheapest and most convenient way? Bus, train,..?
Skifly
Skifly
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-19

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Prestwick Empty Re: Glasgow Prestwick

Post by Globemaster Tue 19 May 2009 - 20:56

Hi !

The fastest way by public transport is by train from the airport station (Prestwick International) to Glasgow Central. The frequency is about every half hour and the journey time is approximately 40 minutes.

Make sure you bring along your Ryanair itinerary page showing your trip details to Prestwick as this will get you a fare reduction of 50%. Some train conductors/inspectors will accept your boarding pass, but some will not. If you know that you will be coming back to the airport by train, then buy a return ticket - day return or open return - as this will give the discount on both sectors. If you are buying a one way ticket later from Glasgow to Prestwick you are not entitled to a reduced fare. With the discount, a return ticket will cost close to £6.00

JK
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Skifly Tue 19 May 2009 - 23:59

Thank you for the answer!
I will arrive on a Thursday and leave on Sunday the same week.
Does it's only possible to buy tickets on-board the train by the conductors or are there any ticket machines at the airport?
£6.00 for a return ticket sounds very good! We are going to stay at a hotel near the railway station, so it would be great!
Skifly
Skifly
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Globemaster Wed 20 May 2009 - 7:09

..........I have never noticed any ticket machines at the airport/station and have always purchased tickets on board the train. The £6.00 is a rough estimate, depending on the type of ticket you purchase and as to whether there has been a fare increase since I last travelled the full route about three months ago. Anyway, it will be excellent value for money !!! Enjoy tour trip ! JK

Last edited by Globemaster on Wed 20 May 2009 - 9:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : face sign not selected by me !!!!!)
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down