Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair to cut 40% of aircraft at STN

+2
Ryanairflyer
Wouter
6 posters

Go down

Ryanair to cut 40% of aircraft at STN Empty Ryanair to cut 40% of aircraft at STN

Post by Wouter Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 13:08

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/news.php?yr=09&month=jul&story=gen-en-210709

Ryanair will cut in the winter period 16 of it's 40 based aircraft. These will be switched to other bases: countries were recently tourist tax was scrapped (Greece, Netherlands, Belgium). I think we can expect some new bases!
Wouter
Wouter
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Ryanair to cut 40% of aircraft at STN Empty Re: Ryanair to cut 40% of aircraft at STN

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 16:25

Curious to find which flights have been or will be axed, I have a couple of flights booked in october and involving Stansted
21st oct Dublin 13:40 to Stansted 14:55
21st oct Stansted 18:40 to Girona 21:40

if any of these all ready booked flights are axed it will affect my whole outward trip originally departing Manchester to Dublin on 21st oct.
Flights cut

Ryanair said flights from Stansted would drop to fewer than 1,600 in the winter of 2008-2009, a reduction of about 14%.
The company's winter season runs from October to March.
It also will suspend flights to seven other European airports between 4 November and 19 December.
These include Basel in Switzerland, Budapest in Hungary, Krakow and Rzeszow in Poland, Palma and Valencia in Spain, and Salzburg in Austria.

Unsure about Oct.

Last edited by dave fr556 on Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 17:08; edited 1 time in total
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Ryanair to cut 40% of aircraft at STN Empty Re: Ryanair to cut 40% of aircraft at STN

Post by ryr-nick-fr Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 16:39

I too have flights with FR in October, which I simply cannot miss. I sincerely hope the Stansted-Seville route is not cut or axed.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 233
Location : London, UK. Nearest Base: STN -- HOME OF LOW FARES!
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 21:40

About connection between flights - Ryanair is simply place to place airline - does not provide connection at any kind Wink
Some of my friends have booked some crazy circles in february like Poland-Sweden-Germany-Italy-Spain-Morroco and now pray for no-changes. I wouldn't do that so that's why I'm waiting for new schedule Very Happy
Seems there will be plenty of new bases :-)
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 11:31

I have booked individual flights regardless. i'm not saying FR have booked me as a connection flight passenger, I booked flights offered.
The flights i have booked are still on the FR booking site so might not be affected, i'm wondering what ryanair will advise me to do if they cancel
one of my flights purely because of a business war with a airport rather than something out of ryanairs control i.e wonders of weather or war for example etc..
Anybody here been through this before?
If ryanair swap my flights for a direct Manchester to Girona cool, i could have booked this but saved alot £££s chosing the route i did.. plus again i like the smell of aviation fuel Laughing
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 13:39

Hehe, I like this smell too :-)
Well, if they change your flight, they will ask you if new date/hour is ok for you and rebook it free of charge. If it will be one of your two flight - that's cool you can play with hours. But if you have three flights and the second one will be change, they will rebook second one only. They will not care about your first or third...
Yesterday company have scrapped wednesday's WRO-NYO connection and left one weekly only. Hope they will give us tuesday's and thursday's. If not, there will not be any possibility to do short flight without going to UK/Irl. It is because of both HHN and NRN flights will be on 1---5-- only.

BTW. I've heard a rumour, that there is a captain's SIPTU on Stansted and this is another reason for MOL to move few planes away from London. Is that true?
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 16:50

I am afraid I do not understand what SIPTU means?
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 233
Location : London, UK. Nearest Base: STN -- HOME OF LOW FARES!
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 18:11

I didn't remember the name of that and when I was working in Ireland some told me that every one is called SIPTU.
Anyway, I was thinking about Trade Unions Wink
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 18:38

SIPTU is : Service, Industrial, Professional and Technical Union.

http://www.siptu.ie/

The said captain at Stansted is more likely a member of BALPA (British Air Line Pilots Association)

http://www.balpa.org/home.aspx
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 13:00

Yeah, you're right - when I'm talking SIPTU I'm thinking about Trade Unions of all kinds. I know it's not correct, but that how Irish have learned me there english like Wink
Anyway, I'm curious if it's true about this trade union in Stansted's pilots?
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 13:43

BALPA = "British Airways Low Pay Association" per MO'L!
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down