Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair cancels 2 routes from Dublin

3 posters

Go down

Ryanair cancels 2 routes from Dublin Empty Ryanair cancels 2 routes from Dublin

Post by Wouter Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 17:43

Cancelled:Dublin (DUB) to Doncaster Sheffield, Robin Hood (DSA)
Cancelled:Dublin (DUB) to Darlington, Durham Tees Valley (MME)
Wouter
Wouter
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Ryanair cancels 2 routes from Dublin Empty Re: Ryanair cancels 2 routes from Dublin

Post by amnesia Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 0:04

Oh my god! Irish-British routes!
There really must be something in those rumour about grounding/moving few aircrafts!
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Ryanair cancels 2 routes from Dublin Empty Re: Ryanair cancels 2 routes from Dublin

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 16:48

I personally think cutting those routes is a good idea, British tourism is on the brinck of collapse. Ironically, most flights coming back to Stansted are filled with British passengers - no one coming to visit the UK!

I can imagine those flights with very low load factors - considering those airports are tiny and are just not worth it.

The British and Irish goverments need to stop the tourist tax - as when I used to go for my trips (before I came to the UK) price usually was a major factor. And flying to the UK or Ireland was always more expensive - even 10 years ago!

Ryanair still needs planes at Dublin and Stansted - as the British and those living in the UK still want to go away with Europe's best airline!!!
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 233
Location : London, UK. Nearest Base: STN -- HOME OF LOW FARES!
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 17:10

You'r right about those taxes - that's why I'm not flying to both Islands. The second reason are very high airport fees, but it wasn't a point.
Well isn't it that routes between two islands are free of tourism tax? This way the tax should not be a main reason to close flights between that destinations...
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 20:25

I think that there is better oppertunities out there for Ryanair than a Dublin - Durham Tees Valley and Dublin - Doncaster Shefield.

I would be very, very, very surprised if any of those flights had a load factor of 60% and above.

I somewhat doubt that there is any market for tourism in those areas, I would assume the passengers would be for business and family.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wouter Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 20:50

Ryanair also cancels the route Alghero-Nottingham East Midlands
Wouter
Wouter
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 22:37

That is a disappointment - Sardinia is a popular tourist destination, and certainly one with huge potential!
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down