Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium)

+7
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
gijoe
antek90
msep003
Ryanairflyer
amnesia
atoutprix
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 Empty Re: CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium)

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 21:54

Went through security today at CRL, passengers were placing bottled water in the grey plastic trays but security questioned the passengers- I thought the water bottle larger than 100ml would be destroyed, instead the passenger was asked to take a drink- so he did and the water was allowed affraid this happened to more than one passenger - I have never seen this before very strange.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 Empty Re: CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium)

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 22:06

Added my message to the airside message board in CRL Wink

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 100_1437
CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 100_1438
CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 100_1435
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 11:31

Now at CRL : a "baraque à frites/fritkot/friture/friterie" as you want to name it - in short : where you can buy good french fried potatoes (on the pavement near the bus stop).

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 093zv

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 092lq

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by laci2512 Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:20

and what abou prices?
laci2512
laci2512
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 17 May 2012 - 12:25

The price of a cornet de frites is 4,50 euros.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 17 May 2012 - 18:28

atoutprix wrote:The price of a cornet de frites is 4,50 euros.

I travel to CRL at the end of May but will not be buying cornet de frites - its cheaper to purchase a flight bounce

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 Chips

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 31 May 2012 - 0:18

I bought some fries from this vender today and they were very good so good we got 2 portions Smile
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sat 18 Aug 2012 - 19:50

http://www.charleroi-airport.com/en/shortcuts/news/index.html?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=530&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=40&cHash=ad96349d60

A "Louis Delhaize" grocery store welcomed its first customers at the airport on July 11, 2012.
The grocery, located landside (before the security check), will serve all outbound or inbound passengers as well as the airport’s own employees.
The grocery has an offer selected to suit everyone. One can find products for every meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner or a light snack) and also a range of cleaning and healthcare products, perfumes and even animal feed - all quality brands at reasonable prices.
"Louis Delhaize" is open every day from 6 am to 10 pm.

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 23:27

Arrived back in Brussels today from Budapest- We arrived at the new terminal gates 1-10... so we entered the terminal and mixed with departing passengers at the gate. i was making a Transfer to Manchester but had luggage so had to go to baggage reclaim and enter the departure procedure as normal... if i arrived without luggage i could have walked straight to departures duty free shops and straight to my transfer gate.
Locals arriving at gates 1-10 can even go to duty free then walk downstairs and go to baggasge reclaim and out of the airport as normal.. but with the option of buying duty free as a bonus.. i'm sure someone will realise the flaw and this will be stopped..
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Wed 21 Nov 2012 - 13:53

The way to the western part of the apron (usually from gate 7) is now protected from the rain. It was high time !

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 001zgd

The apron is to be enlarged to the west :

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 005tzg

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 Empty how to reach Charleroi Airport

Post by Blueflyer Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 22:54

Don't forget to mention that Charleroi Airport can be reached by direct coach from
- Louvain-la-Neuve
- Leuven
- Mechelen
- Antwerp
- Turnhout
- Eindhoven
This avoids to go by city bus + train to these destinations.
By booking long prior to date of travel you can buy tickets online from 7 euros. Discount for return bookings. Look at airportbus.eu
Easy to combine Ryanair return flights from Charleroi and Eindhoven for better flights suitable schedules. Fly out from one airport and fly in trough the other one, this bus runs to both so let your car somewhere in the middle. They run day and night.
Blueflyer
Blueflyer
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicwou Wed 26 Dec 2012 - 16:18

If you look on Google Maps, you can see a lot of sandwestof the terminal, does anyone know what this os? Expansion?
Vicwou
Vicwou
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sun 3 Mar 2013 - 15:06

CRL 2nd March 2013

EI-ENY
Preparing to depart CRL for Treviso.
Reverse thrusters in the active positon-something you will rarely see while at the gate.

CRL: Brussels South Charleroi Airport (Belgium) - Page 2 DSC00023_zps0599d20f
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by agata17 Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 23:31

I have similar experience with this airport; everything expensive. I have never taken a taxi from there as the taxi drivers are not honest. I was using a private-shared transfers to Brussels.
I can confirm that this is not 24/24 hours open airport! My flight that was supposed to land in Charleroi was diverted to Liege as they closed the airport in Charleroi after 23:00.
agata17
agata17
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 23:13

The terminal is open 24/24.
The airport is open from 06.30 to 23.00.
Meaning :
- the engines can be fired from 06.30
- the flights are scheduled to land before 23.00
But :
- the Charleroi-based aircraft may land after 23.00 if their flight is delayed.

If your flight  was diverted to Liège, it can be
- because of the weather at CRL (ILS catIII only on runway 23)
- because the flight was late and flown by an aircraft not CRL-based

I would like you to give more details about your flight diverted to Liège.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2