Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more 0,01 euro flights ?

4 posters

Go down

No more 0,01 euro flights ? Empty No more 0,01 euro flights ?

Post by atoutprix Wed 8 Jun 2011 - 18:47

It's rather a long time since we have seen the last of Ryanair flight priced at 1 eurocent ...

For the bona fide customer, it was a very good deal indeed !
But it had its bad side (for FR), as explained by an old Ryanair foe (recently on PPRuNe)
Quote :

This was during the period when RYR used to sell flights for a few cents, I was travelling back and forth to MAN for a while using Aer Lingus and would buy backup tickets from MAN and LPL on later flights in case I got delayed at a meeting or missed my flight etc. At a price of one cent it was far cheaper than travel insurance, I only bought the tickets when they were practically free and included the taxes and charges and thankfully I never had to use one. Every time Ryanair had one of their 'one cent seat sales' I would also buy up a few random tickets on flights I had no intention of using. By doing this I would have contributed approximately twenty cents to their profits that year but I like to think that this profit would have been more than offset by the potential loss of ancillary revenue they would have suffered by me blocking off a seat that might otherwise have been sold to another passenger who might have actually used the service and subsidised the fare by buying a sandwich, scratch card or even a couple of 'Bullseye Baggys'......

Quite despicable, contemptible,and selfish - in my view.
It just shows you ...
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

No more 0,01 euro flights ? Empty Re: No more 0,01 euro flights ?

Post by EchoVictorOscar Wed 8 Jun 2011 - 21:28

The pathetic lengths that some people will go to, in an attempt to have a go at a company....... I'm sure Ryanair management would burst out laughing at this guy's lengths to try and annoy them Very Happy
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich00cap Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 8:41

Ryanair should've banned him in their own interests. 20 no shows is ridiculous and as you say Autoprix, selfish.
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich00cap Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 8:56

This'll probably get me banned from PPRNE, worth it though.

"And thereby denying 20 genuine passengers the chance to buy a bargain and actually travel as intended. You really are a selfish and pathetic individual. Well done, I really hope it was worth it to cause to much inconvenience to others. You obviously hate ryanair, that's your opinion, however misguided but why take it out on ordinary travellers, those who actually appreciate what Ryanair actually do."
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Fri 10 Jun 2011 - 13:53

I've flown on the 1p/cent sale on a few occasions in 2009, using my electron I flew to PIK and DUB for just 2p return. Those were the only occasions where I felt it was necessary to buy on board.

I have never deliberately booked flights and then not show up for them, however it did make me think whether it would be possible to make a group booking using fake names and my own and have a few rows or a whole plane to myself.

Since the majority of carriers charge a minimum base fare of 30£€ return with an obvious hike in fuel in all service areas since 2009, a 1 cent 1p sale would be a suicidal idea and would rarely sell seats on under performing routes.

Ryanair has already announced grounding the majority of it's fleet next winter, a fleet number and not just a percentage cut on selected routes.
This could either be true, most likely since a similar annoucement was made in 2009 for 2010 winter. Or it is being used to encourage the competition to open old ryanair winter routes and allow ryanair to move in firing 1 €£ from under it's wings like some spitfire.

Either ryanair is showing defeat and resisting the urge to hike fares to match the competitiion, or it is false news encouraging the
competition to make bold decisions based on a big whale showing defeat.

But it is certainly upsetting for me to see an airline which since 2009 has flown me to 29 new and re-visited places on a bus equivelant fare, slowly becoming more expensive, closing routes and becoming less optimistic about it's future.

No other airline has done anything for me other than rip me off, I shall be reading ryanair news untill the oil runs dry and then thank michael himself personally for taking me to places I would never have visited nor have been able to afford.

photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down