Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bratislava : center of EE operations ?

+5
billigflieger
King of Ryanland
FR-WRO
Alexandre
atoutprix
9 posters

Go down

Bratislava : center of EE operations ? Empty Bratislava : center of EE operations ?

Post by atoutprix Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 17:08

Michaël o'Leary has declared that Bratislava will be the center of Eastern Europe Ryanair operations, instead of Vienna, with 3 aircraft based there and 20 new routes ... if Bratislava offers realistic low fees ans costs.

http://austriantimes.at/news/Business/2009-10-29/17639/Ryanair_makes_Bratislava_airport_its_EE_centre
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Bratislava : center of EE operations ? Empty Re: Bratislava : center of EE operations ?

Post by Alexandre Thu 5 Nov 2009 - 16:38

Ok so if my brain is working, Bratislava will be the next ryanair base and the first in the eastern europe...but they're waiting for the cost....but do you know when they will open that base???? and do you have any informations about the new routes?????? thanks
Alexandre
Alexandre
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Bratislava : center of EE operations ? Empty News from BTS?

Post by Bobby20 Mon 14 Dec 2009 - 17:59

Any News from BTS folks?
Anonymous
Bobby20

Back to top Go down

Bratislava : center of EE operations ? Empty BTS needs Ryanair

Post by bts_fr Wed 27 Jan 2010 - 23:02

we want a base! any news about opening a base in bratislava?
Anonymous
bts_fr

Back to top Go down

Bratislava : center of EE operations ? Empty Bratislava

Post by abc987 Thu 28 Jan 2010 - 2:41

With the closure of SkyEurope, Bratislava airport are currently in the unfortunate position of having essentially one customer accounting for a very large proportion of revenue (i.e. one airline doing the bulk of the flying to/from BTS). One of the well respected principles in business is that it's a very bad idea to depend on one customer for too much of your sales, particularly a customer which is known to play very tough on occasion.

Bratislava is not a former Nato air base a long way from anywhere. It is instead very close to a small city (Bratislava), and an hour's drive from a medium sized city (Vienna). The airport management may well wish instead to diversify their customer base.
Anonymous
abc987

Back to top Go down

Bratislava : center of EE operations ? Empty Re: Bratislava : center of EE operations ?

Post by atoutprix Thu 28 Jan 2010 - 13:13

A good news for BTS is the ruling of the European Commission : there is nothing illegal in the agreement between Bratislava airport and Ryanair :

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-welcomes-ec-finding-of-no-state-aid-in-the-bratislave-investigation
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by FR-WRO Mon 8 Feb 2010 - 16:44

rumours says that tomorrow FR will announce 1st EE base

99% chances it will be BTS - on FR page new routes appeared to be booked : BTS-PMI & BTS-BVA

I hoped 1st EE base will be WRO but I still hope it will become at some point
FR-WRO
FR-WRO
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Ryanland Mon 8 Feb 2010 - 20:09

I am still sceptical about Bratislava becoming a base. The new routes to and from Paris Beauvais und Palma de Mallorca are not loaded in the system operating as a BTS based aircraft. Those planes will come from an other base to BVA/PMI and then go to BTS. Returning vie BVA/PMI back to their base.
But you never know. Maybe Ryanair will reverse the schedules and really open a base in Bratislava. They definately need it after the bankruptcy of SkyEurope!
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by billigflieger Tue 16 Feb 2010 - 21:43

why does Ryanair close the routes from Frankfurt/Hahn and Dusseldorf/Weeze to Bratislava?
billigflieger
billigflieger
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Bratislava : center of EE operations ? Empty No more HHN/NRN

Post by ROb Wed 17 Feb 2010 - 9:40

I hope and guess, they are just updating the system or similar and that it will be open for booking again soon. Bratislava : center of EE operations ? Icon_rolleyes
Anonymous
ROb

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Wed 17 Feb 2010 - 11:08

Yesterday Casey and another one from FR HQ have visited Bydgoszcz and Szczecin in Poland. Later on information about cancellation of Szczecin-Weeze route appeared on the web. Thought it was only one case but this shows something bigger is happening...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by billigflieger Wed 17 Feb 2010 - 11:26

I also think next 2 weeks ryanair will open 2 new bases in eastern europe.

I've flown in October weeze -bratislava pax on bord around 80%, bratislava- Hahn about 90%

I wonder how routes like weeze-växjö(smaland) can survive.
billigflieger
billigflieger
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jferreira20 Sat 20 Feb 2010 - 21:10

I read rumours that tell that there is the expectation of some news to be announced by the end of the week.
jferreira20
jferreira20
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by vienna Tue 23 Feb 2010 - 12:04

I just heared from Henrike Schmidt, Sales & Marketing Manager Austria/Germany... that the routes to HHN and NRN will not be operated any more from May - but maybe in winter (her statement). The reasons are "oeprative" ones. And she says that there are no news regarding a new base at BTS. So for me, very bad news :-(
vienna
vienna
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 0:09

Well, Wizzair rapidly opened a base in Prague last year and placed itself in Wroc³aw. This way left a space for Ryanair in Cracov as well as in Bratislava because it has no more aircrafts to cover that airports yet.
Anyway, some forums said several weeks ago, that Ryanair is no longer interested with BTS as there is very huge graft/payoff/however it's called in english means -> "giving money under the table" Wink
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jferreira20 Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 21:22

According to some inside information, BTS will become a base soon. There will be a new base in the Canary Islands.
jferreira20
jferreira20
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by h1ronakamura Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 21:32

that is a great news mate! could you post some source? or perhaps some more information according to this awesome news!
h1ronakamura
h1ronakamura
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jferreira20 Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 23:14

No, sorry.
jferreira20
jferreira20
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Bratislava : center of EE operations ? Empty NEW BASE IN PORTUGAL, NO WAIT, IN BAHAMAS, OH, .....NO SORRY

Post by NO SORRY Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 10:47

by jferreira20 Yesterday at 11:14 pm

No, sorry.

There are also rumors they want to open a base in Idanha a Nova.
And if you want to know where I got this information, the answer is:
NO, SORRY!!
Anonymous
NO SORRY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down