Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How reliable is Ryan Air?

+7
FR-WRO
Wover
TomG
Ryanairflyer
photon
atoutprix
avrban
11 posters

Go down

How reliable is Ryan Air? Empty Re: How reliable is Ryan Air?

Post by avrban Sun 23 May 2010 - 13:19

Hello! You can fly directly from Brussels - Charleroi (CRL) to Krakow or Wroclaw. Ryanair is very reliable airline with the best punctuality record in Europe.
avrban
avrban
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sun 23 May 2010 - 13:23

From Brussels, it would be easier for you to take a bus to Brussels South Charleroi and then take the FR flight to Krakow ( on the 8th october : Charleroi 17.30 - Krakow 19.45 - at the moment, two seats left at 19,99 euros plus hold baggage fee); Ryanair also fly to Wroclaw from Charleroi, but not on friday.
Ryanair very rarely cancels flights that are on the schedules, much less so than easyJet, for instance.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Wed 26 May 2010 - 4:41

Ryanair is extremely punctual since time is money for them and they have enough modern aircraft in their fleet to replace a techi, I've flown around 40 sectors and have only had 1 or 2 minor delays due to problems unassociated with weather.

Ash present from Iceland's volcano would disrupt a route if it effects your departure/arrival airport, but as an airline it is highly experienced and comparable to southwest airline in brand and business model. It is without doubt the cheapest method of getting around europe, so use it to your advantage and get your tickets early.
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Fri 28 May 2010 - 13:55

I have been very lucky flying with Ryanair and I fly alot... apart from french atc delaying us and the volcanic disruption which i changed my flights for free... i have no problems with the airline, in fact i've been delayed more on national carriers, for the price and service Ryanair is number 1 for me.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by TomG Sun 6 Jun 2010 - 13:14

Hands down best airline i've flown with. I do think they (correct me if i'm wrong) advertise a slightly longer flight time than in reality, so they always land earlier than expected, or on time.
TomG
TomG
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Wover Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 17:50

They do indeed, but if you compare with other airlines, they usually do exactly the same Wink.
Wover
Wover
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 18:27

It's impossible to give the exact fliyng time, as it depends on a lot of things, amongst them the direction and strenght of the winds.
Yesterday, my flight time was 1h55 for CRL-CIA, 1h35 for CIA-CRL...
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wover Wed 16 Jun 2010 - 18:33

Yeah, I have had a flight with very strong winds (from the back), reducing flight time by 25 minutes:

CRL - RIX: Normal flighttime: 2h15
Scheduled flighttime: 2h25
Reduced flighttime: 1h50
Wover
Wover
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by FR-WRO Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 8:44

rakshan wrote: I just received
a text message from Central Wings airline (an affiliate of LOT Polish
airlines) that my 8 October flight from Amsterdam to Krakow has been
canceled.

sorry... who sent you text? non existing airline?

Centralwings was LCC subsidiary of LOT but.... it stopped operating in 2009 !!!
FR-WRO
FR-WRO
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

How reliable is Ryan Air? Empty Ryanair

Post by Diora Mc Dulff Mon 21 Jun 2010 - 22:54

this line is terible !!!
i had my closed family in hospital nd they didnt let me fly to them .. i pay for everything .. nd i was on time !! they told me tat im not gona fly becouse gates were closed !! (45 min before ) so i ask cn i go without my big bag nd they say NO .. she said that i ve to buy new ticket for ryanair of course.. nd they want me to pay 200 euro for the ticket .. people dnt fly with this line.. its descrase !!! i want thank very much to ryanair for not being with my family when were in hospital in very bad condition of helth !! !! i lost my money.. plans.. .. nd trust for this line !!!!!!!!!
PEOPLE DNT FLY WITH THEM !!!

Diora Mc Dulff !!
Diora Mc Dulff
Diora Mc Dulff
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by daleano2 Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 16:33

Heh... u should come earlier... at least 2 hours before your scheduled flight time... that was ur foult
daleano2
daleano2
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 51
Location : Koszalin, Poland (nearest FR airport - SZZ - Szczecin)
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 17:47

Diora Mc Dulff wrote:this line is terible !!!
people dnt fly with this line..
PEOPLE DNT FLY WITH THEM !!!

May I remind you that this here is the forum of the Ryanair Fan Club How reliable is Ryan Air? 870117 ?
That is to say : most people here enjoy, like, love Ryanair.
I am afraid that your suggestions will thus meet with little or no success.
But there are forums elsewhere who enjoy beating and disparaging Ryanair, and they will be most happy to welcome you.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 8 Jul 2010 - 11:35

yes and this is not true also ..... I know this because ryanair do not fly boeing 747s How reliable is Ryan Air? Icon_lol

How reliable is Ryan Air? Ryrfun
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sportaudi Wed 14 Jul 2010 - 23:39

i think ryanair are a good airline, people say they are crap. but i couldnt fault them everything seemed great when i flew with them earlier this year and shall be flying with them next week.
sportaudi
sportaudi
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 15:48

sportaudi wrote:i think ryanair are a good airline, people say they are crap. but i couldnt fault them everything seemed great when i flew with them earlier this year and shall be flying with them next week.

True.. google or review any other airlines there are always moaners saying the same so apparently everyones crap How reliable is Ryan Air? Icon_lol no airline is perfect but i do agree Ryanair is what it is and imho delivers the same. After a couple of years flying Ryanair I cannot fault the airline
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sportaudi Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 17:16

same here, i dont think id fly with a different airline
sportaudi
sportaudi
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmatix Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 9:30

A friend of mine had booked a return flight Berlin-London-Berlin with Ryan for herself and 3 kids last year. What she failed to realise was that because the youngest child had her 2nd birthday whilst they were in England, she would need a separate ticket for the return flight (not sure how you'd book that, but that's not the point here). So she turned up at the airport for the return flight, in good time, and after the usual 45 minutes in the check-in line, she was told that she would have to buy a ticket for the child -but not there; she had to go to the ticket sales counter and join that line.

Naturally, by the time her turn came there, it was 40 minutes before departure, so not only could she not get a ticket for that flight, she could not get that flight at all - she would have to buy new tickets for herself and the three kids for the next available flight. This would cost her some £700 - and the next flight with 4 seats available was the next morning. Naturally she was furious at the complete lack of sympathy, understanding and flexibility from the Ryanair people. She realised that it was her oversight not to get a ticket for her now-two-year-old, but the attitude of the Ryanair personnel was simply beyond (her) belief.

Any way, she called her husband in Berlin, who got in the car and drove via the Channel Tunnel to bring his family back home.

That is one family who will never, ever even contemplate flying Ryanair again, and will alsways heartily disrecommend it to their friends.

Ryanair, of course, could not give a flying fornication about losing customers - there are plenty more out there.

That, I think, is Ryanair's biggest problem - its attitide to those customers who have not dotted every i and crossed every t in excatly the way Ryanair demands. As far as Ryanair is concerned, any customer who gets anything even slightly wrong can just [insert O'Leary's favourite four-letter fornicative] off.

And that, not any economic woe, will be their downfall.

Sorry, Ryanair fans, I understand that you don't like to hear (or read) about these sort of events - but they do happen.

All too often.
Dogmatix
Dogmatix
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 11:44

Dogmatix wrote:
That, I think, is Ryanair's biggest problem - its attitide to those customers who have not dotted every i and crossed every t in excatly the way Ryanair demands. As far as Ryanair is concerned, any customer who gets anything even slightly wrong can just [insert O'Leary's favourite four-letter fornicative] off.

Booking a flight is not like buying a candy at the shop on the street corner, you know.
It needs one's "full and complete" attention.
First thing is to read, understand and follow the carrier's regulation, terms and conditions of transport, sophisticated as they may be.
There are answers to more than 150 travel questions here - which covers most of the possible travel problems :
http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/
Internet booking is very fast and easy, but it's also very easy to make a mistake when using it.
Astounding is the number of occurences where the passenger has made an error on his nationality or that of his passport, his birthdate, even in spelling his own name or surname !
It's always a good plan to check and re-check everything before doing the final "click".
If you make your booking with care and attention, there is absolutely no problem with Ryanair, I can vouch for it.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmatix Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 15:31

Indeed, you do have to be very, very, very careful when making the booking. To err is human - but to pounce on a human booking error to extract more money from a customer (£700!!!!) is, to my mind, inhuman.

O'Leary oftens likens his aeroplanes to 'coaches with wings'. The idea is to make air travel (by Ryanair, at least) as commonplace and casual as coach travel. But compare the "full and complete" attention needed to do all you mention with that needed to buy a coach ticket. And compare the consequences of getting a small detail wrong.

If I make a mistake in my booking, or if I am caused to arrive late at the airport though circumstances beyond my control, or held up at security, I get no sympathy or understanding from Ryanair or the orange lot. But if something goes wrong for them - a defect on the plane, or the food and drinks aren't loaded, or anything really, then I am expected to have 'understanding' and put up with the consequences. Somewhat unbalanced equation there, I think. Take, but no give.

I know what Mr O'Leary's answer to all that is: "if you don't like it, you can [expletive deleted] off". I have just read the book of O'Leary quotes, so I know what he thinks of passengers who are unhappy with his airline's services.
Dogmatix
Dogmatix
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down