Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've tracked all Ryanair sales for 1 year: spreadsheet URL

2 posters

Go down

I've tracked all Ryanair sales for 1 year: spreadsheet URL Empty I've tracked all Ryanair sales for 1 year: spreadsheet URL

Post by jamesbrownontheroad Tue 13 Jul 2010 - 1:31

For one year now I've been keeping a log of every consecutive headline sale on the Ryanair website. The headline sale is the promotion that's advertised on the top of the left hand column on the Ryanair homepage (and some of them have been listed here by other diligent forum members: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've been doing this because I commute every week or two on Ryanair, and I've learnt never to buy flights that aren't included in the current promotion.

Ryanair can't levy additional check-in fees, taxes and charges on fares they advertise. So Ryanair only advertise the fares in the current promotion which never carry these extras. These are always the cheapest fares. Whatever promotion is currently running ("all seats < 40% off", "1,000,000 £5 seats" etc etc etc) will generally cover a period of one or two months sometime in the next three to four months. This is the sweet spot for finding cheap seats. If you book before or after the validity of the current promotion, you're not going to get the best deal.

So you can understand how Ryanair have structured these sales, I've kept this data in a publicly accessible Google Docs spreadsheet. Since there is always some kind of sale or promotion running, this spreadsheet tells you when they started, when they ended, what the deal was and for what period the seats being sold were available.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Because I commute on an obscure route without much demand, my flight is ALWAYS included in these promotions. If you want to go somewhere hot, sunny and popular, you're obviously going to find it harder to grab the cheap seats. But if you watch the promotions carefully, you can be ready to pounce as soon as they change.

Happy hunting!
jamesbrownontheroad
jamesbrownontheroad
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

I've tracked all Ryanair sales for 1 year: spreadsheet URL Empty Re: I've tracked all Ryanair sales for 1 year: spreadsheet URL

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 11:45

I find flying A-B is sometimes outside the promotional fee so I sometimes fly via a certain country, with this i get the cheapest seats and a more fulfilled experience and have been flying like this for next to nothing for a couple of years.
My last flight was Edinburgh to Brussels to Lanzarote and the same return route... this was once jetsetting but I paid a total of €20 for all flights return its quality Ryanair offering anybody the chance to fly.This world cup i saw games in several countries .. a brilliant experience...

I luckily live not too far from several hubs so nearly all my flights are covered by promotions added... pity Manchester would not listen...i flew out of there to many european countries for very cheap weekends out...so i know make a small trip to Liverpool,Leeds and Birmingham... but i'm willing to depart from any airport if it is cost effective... Ryanair have introduced me to many airports in the uk and europe i did not think would be possible.

My lowest fare per sector to date is 1p and the most expensive £6... i fly more than take local transport I've tracked all Ryanair sales for 1 year: spreadsheet URL Icon_biggrin
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

I've tracked all Ryanair sales for 1 year: spreadsheet URL Empty Re: I've tracked all Ryanair sales for 1 year: spreadsheet URL

Post by jamesbrownontheroad Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 12:48

pity Manchester would not listen...

Manchester listened a lot. They listened to Ryanair throwing their toys out of the pram when the airport refused to let them use the airport for free, and then said no. While I like Ryanair, I don't like the way they treat certain airport management like idiots. And while Ryanair may call every other airline a "subsidy bunny" they can't survive at many airports without the "subsidies" they get in the form of cheap or free airport useage.

Besides, Liverpool is just up the road from Manchester...

Happy traveling y'all...
jamesbrownontheroad
jamesbrownontheroad
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 15 Jul 2010 - 15:09

I see your point.. pity for me tho lol... but saying that.. they had many flights in and out of egcc and i'm sure the airport has lost revenue elsewhere.. even if a passenger was to spend approx £10 at the airport shopping outlets for get car parks.. the list can probably increase its all lost revenue.. but hey i cannot complain still got my budget flights to Dublin then onto elsewhere if needed..
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down