Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sales 10€ one way

4 posters

Go down

Sales 10€ one way Empty Sales 10€ one way

Post by moondust Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 9:49

Hello,

I'm a bit disappointed in what is happening right now.
The day I wanted to book for two persons to our chosen destination a one way trip was 39.99euro.
Because there were these sales for 10euro for a one way trip, I didn't book because I was waiting till these trips changed to 10euro, but instead, they became 44.99euro for a one way trip. On the phone I simply got the answer that they couldn't look into the past and that probably all seats were sold out. I wonder how this could happen since I was watching more times a day to check if the price already changed. I could only see a change to a higher price.
Now today, these sales are offered again. From tuesday, till thursday midnight, one way trips would get sold for 10 euro, but still I didn't see any change in their price, while it just became tuesday. So I was wondering what this is all about. This doesn't look fair, we feel us a bit used. Instead of booking the first time, we've let us misled by those sales and now our trips are more expensive while it is offered for 10 euro on the main page. Can anyone tell me what I should think of this?
moondust
moondust
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Sales 10€ one way Empty Re: Sales 10€ one way

Post by Mushroom Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 10:31

It all depends on the route and how popular it is. If its like Stansted to Dublin, that will always be cheap, whereas Stansted to the Spanish coast will be popular as there is a lot of brits there. Its just a matter of looking at the route and guessing what kind of people will be on it
Mushroom
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by moondust Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 10:55

I don't understand, they offer this sale for everybody who books from tuesday (today) till thursday midnight for the travel period sept-oct and the place we would like to go to is offered in the list with "10euro" behind it.
Now you tell me that I have to think and to find out myself what "kind of people would go there" and thrying to discover how much that would cost in the given period?
I don't know, but in my world if they tell you that something costs a certain amount of money, it doesn't mean that you have to figure out in your head what the price maybe could be. It means that it costs what they say it costs. It's what they offer... if that would be a rule what you are saying, nobody has to mention any price anymore.
You could go to the shop, trying to buy a box of apples that has a note on "sale : 2 euro" and when you want to go pay for it, they tell you "12 euro". "Yes ok thanks m'am, that's great, that's really the reason why I took that box, have a nice day".
Sorry for my sarcasm but really... this is really really not correct.
moondust
moondust
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jferreira20 Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 12:29

They don't lie. They have limited number of tickets that cost 10€. They select the routes they want, and you can see those in the main page of the website.

But, of course the don't sell all the tickets at the same prize. If you were to late, it's likely that couldn't find the tickets at the price you wanted...
jferreira20
jferreira20
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by moondust Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 15:45

Well, I don't know, I only know that they're website says that the flight from brussels to zadar is 10 euro and if I want to book it says something else... I have no idea what that looks like but to me that looks close to a lie.
moondust
moondust
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jferreira20 Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 18:45

If it says Brussels to Zadar - 10€ i can uarantee you that, in this promotion, there was at least one flight at that price.
jferreira20
jferreira20
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by moondust Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 8:27

Yeah, you can guarantee me that there was one flight for 10euro (maybe) but all I can see is that that is not what the promotion is offering, the promotion offers a flight for 10 euro for everybody who books till thursday midnight... in meantime the price for booking is more expensive than before this so called promotion and perhaps a reason to go by car, because with two persons it will cost less to travel by car this way. It's a nice way to make a promotion as it is put on the website, but if you can only look at the promotion while seeing the price not being changed, I don't know if that shows a lot of trust, at least, not to me anymore and that's what I will tell my friends too.
moondust
moondust
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gruenmann Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 9:26

It says FROM 10€. That's the point. Ryanair does not say: All tickets 10€. And if you wondering, why they are sometimes charging more than 10€, read something about dynamic pricing and you'll get the informations Sales 10€ one way Icon_smile
Gruenmann
Gruenmann
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by moondust Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 9:46

read your website again

it still says "zadar 10euro"
yeah "from 10 euro"
for example look to "Rome 14.99euro"
or look to "Pisa 19.99euro"
That looks "from 10 euro" to me.
Not that when I click on "Zadar 10euro" that the price changes to 44euro, but whatever, it doesn't change anything... if you want to be right, you get it... but for me it's cheaper to go by car from out of Belgium this way if you go there with more than one person... and it appears that people mostly do not go alone on holiday so why Ryanair tries to make trips from Charleroi to Zadar that are more expensive than going by car, I don't know.... maybe they only think they are smart but forget that not everybody is stupid. I tell my friends, they tell theirs... peeps, go by car, you don't need to rent one there, the gaz is a lot cheaper than here and it's only 12 hours driving (count the hours you need to drive to the airport, wait for the plane, being there in time (so being there waiting and losing hours), carrying your stuff etc etc... ) Just jump in your car and go... you're off... for only two payments on the gaz station, that's about 120 euro all in (single trip), for the amount of people in your car. Oh wait... even when you drive alone it's still cheaper than flying by Ryanair. Now I can take with me as much as I want Smile... let's see... I think my promotion looks more interesting than Ryanairs promotion saying 10euro (no taxes extra) = 44 euro + taxes (single trip) + bagage fee + checkin price + ... oh yeah well, just take a look here : http://www.ryanair.com/da/questions/table-of-fees

so... if you don't want to read this all, all I want to say, keep your point... dynamic pricing? yeah, like I said already... when you buy your box of apples, the one for 2 euro.... it could become very dynamic when you have to pay 12 euro instead.... what would be the choice you think? If they are not changing their price to 2 euro as the ticket says.... well.... most people would leave the box there.... get my point too?
moondust
moondust
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gruenmann Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 10:07

Yeah, got the point Sales 10€ one way Icon_lol I'm growing my own apple tree.... you can't compare flights with apples..... And I think it's exelent that your going by car and tell your friends that Ryanair is crap, just because they don't sell you the tickets you like. This means your friends won't snap the really cheap airfares befor i can get them Sales 10€ one way Icon_cool So, happy travels in car. We are both happy.
Gruenmann
Gruenmann
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by moondust Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 10:13

I think you still don't get the point Smile probably you got an apple on your head, that's how it looks like Smile
Of course Ryanair is crap... and if you believe that my friends would fly with Ryanair, that only proves that you really got hit by an apple Smile
You guys are just brainwashed or too stupid to get a clue of what is meant by certain words, thinking the way you are using them is the correct way... but anyway, I'm glad you're happy that you will lose customers with this wonderful promotion.
Oh yeah... and some other people will be happy too with the screenshots I took. They will certainly love it.

Good day
moondust
moondust
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gruenmann Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 10:27

Sales 10€ one way Icon_biggrin
Gruenmann