Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flight sales

3 posters

Go down

flight sales Empty flight sales

Post by carlosmendosa Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 22:44

Hi all,
I stumbled across this fantasic website accidently when trying to find out information on flight sales or pricing strategies and now I am totally hooked! Lots of excellent information.
I have made a promise to myself and my girlfriend to try and travel a bit more before we settle down and hopefully we will be able to do so on our limited budget. I have already got some great deals flying from the north west of England and one of the places I would like to go is Riga/Latvia. It seems that the flights have only recently been released for April 2012 onwards. I am looking to travel between April - June from either Liverpool or Leeds/Bradford but at the moment the prices seem really expensive £180 + for a return flight for this period. If I wanted to travel in the next few weeks then the flights are a far more reasonable £60-£80 but unfortunately I can't take the time off work Crying or Very sad
Can anyone shed any light on when sales, prices may go down based on past trends/insight or even guess work? I am prepared to wait but if the prices are likely to go up then I will have to choose somewhere a bit cheaper.
I realise I am probably asking the impossible but any advice/guidance any of you good people can offer, I would be extremely grateful

Thanks in advance, Carlos

carlosmendosa
carlosmendosa
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

flight sales Empty Re: flight sales

Post by Gruenmann Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 8:31

no, it's not that complicated Wink prices will go down, don't worry. best to book a flight ist between 2 weeks and 2 month befor departure (in your case likely 1-2 month). so, if you like to fly in april you can start to check prices in february, march. this does not apply for special hollydays, of course. don't expect 10 Pound offers on this route, as it's a long rout, but a price for around 20pounds one way you'll find easily if you are a bit flexible Smile so, stay calm and wait! And then have fun :-D
and if you asks for the source of what I wrote: My bachelorthesis :-D
Gruenmann
Gruenmann
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Wed 16 Nov 2011 - 10:49

I would recommend to frequently go on the Ryanair website and have a look at the fares for your preferred destinations.
The best fares are likely to be about two months before the date.
At the moment, promotional fares are for travel in December and January...
Warning : it's not easy to get the very lowest fare - if you wait too long for it, the price may well rise instead ! My advise is : book when you judge that the bargain is good.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down