Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gran canaria to stansted. can i pay in £ not euros ? HELP

3 posters

Go down

gran canaria to stansted. can i pay in £ not euros ? HELP Empty gran canaria to stansted. can i pay in £ not euros ? HELP

Post by sydjake Thu 24 Mar 2011 - 20:48

I have just bought a one way ticket from stansted to gran canaria and paid in pounds. all okay and as expected.
i have yet to buy my return ticket until the price lowers...however on checking the costs i see that the prices are displayed in EUROS ?
I failed to notice this on my previous price investigaton on just purchasing the return journey as the prices are so similar.

PLEASE HELP... I am basically wanting to know is there anyway to convert the payment currency into pounds so that it does not process as euros on my credit card .

any info will be of great help.

sydjake
sydjake
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

gran canaria to stansted. can i pay in £ not euros ? HELP Empty Re: gran canaria to stansted. can i pay in £ not euros ? HELP

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Thu 24 Mar 2011 - 22:54

No you can't pay in £ because The Canary Islands (place of departure) is in the euro area. So the price in the website is in euro. If you book a return ticket from STN-LPA you will pay everything in £ but if you buy a one way ticket twice you will pay each way with the currency of the country!! I don't know if my exponation is very clear???? Sad Sad (bad english)
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

gran canaria to stansted. can i pay in £ not euros ? HELP Empty Re: gran canaria to stansted. can i pay in £ not euros ? HELP

Post by sydjake Fri 25 Mar 2011 - 8:22

Many Thanks for your reply. I suppose its a good job that by paying by the Euro on the return journey actually works out cheaper than paying by the pound.
I just wonder what the commission and fees will be when using the FX pre-payment pound card ??

Once again thanks.
sydjake
sydjake
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by danieln Fri 25 Mar 2011 - 10:24

Sydjake, can I give you a hint?

As soon as you come to the point where you have entered your credit card details, you will notice that the exchange rate is displayed just on top of that box. You can click on "more info". As you do so, a checked box will appear to confirm that you agree with Ryanairs "guaranteed exchange rate". You better uncheck that box, as it will give you a much better rate!!
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sydjake Fri 25 Mar 2011 - 16:14

thank you very much danieln for that very useful bit of information i will be sure to make a note of that and I will definetly be unticking that little box
Very Happy cheers
sydjake
sydjake
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down