Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boarding same plane back, after 25 min. possible, realistic.

+2
laci2512
APBI
6 posters

Go down

Boarding same plane back, after 25 min. possible, realistic. Empty Boarding same plane back, after 25 min. possible, realistic.

Post by APBI Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 10:03

Last Monday I flew from Madrid to Verona and back in the same plane. The reason for my trip was handing a child to her mother in Verona, Ryanair does not take unaccompanied minors. The crew were very helpful and kind, I appreciate their support. Not that I had a lot of time left, but it was not nearly as tight as I feared. The only problem was a lady at the security in Verona tried to block me because she thought the plane had already left, but the screen showed it was still boarding. I would encourage Ryanair to offer this option in small airports were it certainly is feasible.
APBI
APBI
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Boarding same plane back, after 25 min. possible, realistic. Empty Re: Boarding same plane back, after 25 min. possible, realistic.

Post by laci2512 Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 23:36

flying back in the same plane??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy How is it possible? Gate is closing 30minutes before flight, isn´t it?
laci2512
laci2512
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Registration date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Boarding same plane back, after 25 min. possible, realistic. Empty Re: Boarding same plane back, after 25 min. possible, realistic.

Post by APBI Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 16:36

Yes, gates close 30 minutes before flight, in theory. Actually, Ryanair refuels planes for efficiency, and that takes some time, and because Ryanair does not assign seats, they are able to load the plane with passengers faster. I would bet most of their planes take off less than 30 minutes before the last passenger walks through the boarding gate. In reality, boarding starts 30 minutes before departure, so that a long queue will provide 10 minutes worth of time to exit the plane, reach the terminal and proceed through security. Not very much, but enough for a small airport!
APBI
APBI
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 18:29

It depends on the arrival/departure airport(size and departure procedures) it obviously worked at verona but for such a tight departure time(a risk in my opinion) - if the boarding staff are not feeling so generous then things could take a turn for the worst.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Boarding same plane back, after 25 min. possible, realistic. Empty Yes, there is a bit of risk.

Post by APBI Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 15:53

My fear was I might have to take a bus through the runway to reach the plane. In Verona that happened, even if the distance from the plane to the terminal building is quite small. But even so, the buses did not cross on the runway, it was possible to reach the gate, jump on the bus and board the plane. I think Ryanair should make this available in small airports, like Bergamo, Charleroi, Verona, Santander... where the risk is very small, after all if the plane is delayed upon arrival, the delay will be carried to the departing flight. The critical detail is that the plane must be the same. I took my child and returned at a price that was better than what other airlines charge for solo flights by children as unaccompanied minors, the flights took just 4 hours and the child felt better.
APBI
APBI
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich00cap Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 20:38

But usually departing passengers are kept completely separate from arriving passengers. How on earth would you get in the departure area to board the same plane back? The gate would be long closed and security shouldn't let you through.
Don't see how this is possible at all.
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 23:21

I have not been into verona but - I landed at faro and palma de mallorca and each time we arrived we actually walked through the departing gate passed the passengers waiting to board our flight... back to its original destination .. if i wanted on both occasions i could simply join the line of passengers and board the same plane( at palma i would have time to buy duty free lol..... maybe the same at other airports im unsure.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by szikor Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 12:15

Joining the line of pax who are embarking the plane, without you being boarded by the gate agent: big no-no! Two words: head count!!!
szikor
szikor
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by szikor Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 12:21

There are a few airports where this could work. Not only the size that matters, but also the number of flights at the time and the speed of security screening. There are airports where disembarking pax mix with boarding pax, there is a better chance, since you do not have to go through security again. In the Hungarian low-cost forum we actually categorize airports by whether arriving and departing pax are separated or not. For example RIX and MMX are airports where they mix, with a good chance of taking the same plane back (or somewhere else if it flies a W pattern). I think the key point is if you want to try this is to have a backup plan, like a ticket for the next flight, place to stay etc.
szikor
szikor
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 15:09

szikor wrote:Joining the line of pax who are embarking the plane, without you being boarded by the gate agent: big no-no! Two words: head count!!!

I do mean join the line of pax hand in the boarding pass then board the plane....
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 20:26

In many airports, the bar code of your boarding pass is first electronically checked before the security - and again at the boarding gate.
At the gate, they know if somebody has registered at the first check but is missing at the boarding.
What happens if you don't pass the first check and go straight to the gate ?
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by szikor Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 20:49

Well at airports where inbound and outbound pax mix you could easily be a transfer passenger, so I don't think they would monitor any discrepancy between the two checkpoints.
Anyways in my experience there are a very few low-cost airports where arriving and departing passengers "meet": AGP, BCN, BIO, (EIN?), (MAD?), MST, OPO, PMI and RIX all that I know of.
szikor
szikor
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Boarding same plane back, after 25 min. possible, realistic. Empty Clarification

Post by APBI Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 9:25

Incoming and outgoing passenger queues are sometimes close, however, in Verona I had sufficient time to go through security. My real problem was finding my way (not completely easy when you do not know the airport well) and arguing with a lady at security who thought it was too late to board, until she looked at "boarding" flashing in the departure screen. I believe Ryanair should allow / encourage this because it is a good option to take minors back from holidays. You know, Ryanair does not allow unaccompanied minors, but competitive prices and consistent on time records make it attractive to accompany them, rather than pay other airlines for the service and let the child fly solo. In Verona I got help from the crew but I am positive I did not cause delay for departure, I was not the last person at the boarding gate, just among the last.
APBI
APBI
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down