Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike on baggage fees

Go down

Mike on baggage fees Empty Mike on baggage fees

Post by atoutprix Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 10:00

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-charges-for-carryon-baggage-inevitable-29463965.html

Extract :

Speaking in London, Mr O'Leary implied more financial burden for customers who want to bring heavy bags on flights.

"We will keep increasing charges until we get rid of (hold) bags," he said – we will never get rid of (hold) bags but I would be disappointed if we don't get our figure for (hold) bags down from around 20pc to 10pc," he said.
Before Ryanair introduced the charges, 80pc of customers checked-in hold luggage and cutting this to 19pc has saved the airline a fortune.

"At some time in the future I think it's likely that airlines will charge for carry-on bags but I can't get my head round how you would do it. I think it's unlikely that we will do it – until I can see what's in it for us," Mr O'Leary said.
A key difficulty for Ryanair in charging for carry-on luggage would be its short 25-minute turnaround times at airports. Charging passengers at the gate would take time, he said.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down