Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair from BHX

2 posters

Go down

Ryanair from BHX Empty Ryanair from BHX

Post by stuart2468 Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 13:10

In view of other low cost airlines and Supposed low lost airlines success operating out of birmingham international airport, why have ryanair not decided to incorporate it into the base network?

I realise that their stance has always been that landing charges are high, but BmiBaby have had huge sucess recently..... has have Flybe, FlyMonarch recent additions by easyjet.

Yes we have the new route to Shannon along with the high frequency dublin routes, but when are we brummies going to really benifit from the hugely popular ryanair low fare fares? confused
stuart2468
stuart2468
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Ryanair from BHX Empty Re: Ryanair from BHX

Post by RyanAdmin Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 14:20

You could buy tickets to Dublin and then from Dublin to anotnher city in Europe.

At this moment maby it's not interesting for O'leary because there's to mutch competition.
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart2468 Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 15:59

I dont think competion is the reason, FlyMonarch And BmiBaby are quite new additions to BHX, and very small in comparisson. Flybe would be the Biggest competitor, but the fares can quite often be very expensive.

There are so many options to expand from birmingham with its 'second city' status.

I really believe that if they took the bold step to try it would become a massive success.
stuart2468
stuart2468
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanAdmin Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 16:05

And what about East Midlands? How far is that driving for you?

Everytime I'm at Madrid Barajas Airport I see the Ryanair Flight to "East Midlands", I was always wondering where that is.

Now I've seen it on the map.

Maby East Midlands is much cheaper than Birmingham, or Birmingham international is to slow for Ryanair (25 min. rule).

BMIbaby, Easyjet etc. in my eyes are NOT Low-cost airlines, because not all the flights starts from EUR/GBP 10,-

This is UNDER the cost of airport taxes, so Ryanair pays a little of the Airport taxes. No other airlines are doing this.
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart2468 Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 16:09

its about 30 miles or so from birmingham. which is ok if you drive, but being a user of public transport its not very simple.

also BmiBaby operates successfully out of both airports. Can ryanair not given its financial backing?
stuart2468
stuart2468
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down