Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaunt-looking Ryanair boss insists: I am not ill

4 posters

Go down

Gaunt-looking Ryanair boss insists: I am not ill Empty Gaunt-looking Ryanair boss insists: I am not ill

Post by ruinair Fri 9 Jan 2009 - 18:12

Gaunt-looking Ryanair boss insists: I am not ill
</EM>
Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary yesterday denied he was ill after noticeably losing weight in recent months.

Mr O'Leary declared he has “never been better” and played down concerns about his health.
The airline chief executive said his “leaner” look is a sign of the times, with everyone having to work harder during the Republic’s recession.
He was commenting in the wake of newspaper photographs drawing attention to his weight loss.
“I've lost a bit of weight, and if you look at the two pictures in the paper there's one from September where I was about a stone overweight.
“I was getting fat, dumb and happy during the good times. Now there's a leaner, more caring me for the recessionary times.
“We are all going to have to lose a bit of weight and work that bit harder,” he told Newstalk's The Breakfast Show.
Mr O'Leary also revealed he has taken a pay cut as a result of the economic downturn.
“At Ryanair, the senior management have taken a significant pay cut, as have I,” he said.
“That's the way it goes. My basic pay has been cut by 10% and the bonus will be slashed by somewhere in the order of 50%.”
George Hook is co-presenting The Breakfast Show this week in place of Ger Gilroy, while also hosting his own Right Hook programme later in the day.
Mr Hook said his Newstalk bosses had been inspired by Ryanair's no-frills style.
“We are following Ryanair work practices here — I am working double shifts for the same pay,” the presenter joked. A Sunday newspaper report stated Mr O'Leary had lost his boyish good looks and become grey and almost gaunt.
It referred to sources close to Mr O'Leary who acknowledged he had shed some “excess baggage” but denied it was due to pressures of a year when Ryanair hit more difficult times.
One photo accompanying the article showed Mr O'Leary at the Ryanair AGM in September and a second showed him at the December 18 meeting of the Oireachtas Committee on Transport.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/gauntlooking-ryanair-boss-insists-i-am-not-ill-14131091.html
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Gaunt-looking Ryanair boss insists: I am not ill Empty Re: Gaunt-looking Ryanair boss insists: I am not ill

Post by atoutprix Fri 9 Jan 2009 - 21:15

An article in the Irish Independant about MOL's loss of weight (!):

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ryanairs-oleary-looks-a-shadow-of-his--former-self-as-takeover-battle-rages-1591612.html
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Gaunt-looking Ryanair boss insists: I am not ill Empty Re: Gaunt-looking Ryanair boss insists: I am not ill

Post by ruinair Thu 12 Mar 2009 - 20:24

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/im-in-fine-fettle-insists-ryanair-boss-oleary--my-weight-loss-is-just-in-keeping-with-leaner-times-1670318.html
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Tue 19 May 2009 - 11:28

lets hope there is no truth in this - it appeared on the front page of an Irish tabloid newspaper The Star today. We need MO'L.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4416416/
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by danieln Tue 19 May 2009 - 14:14

Let's hope The Star is wrong.

According to Mick himself, the story is a load of b*****.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/oleary-fumes-at-false-claims-over-the-state-of-his-health-1743851.html
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Tue 19 May 2009 - 17:16

I think if it was true, then he would of retired or resigned to be with his family.

This is just a stupid, awful, and disgusting rumour probably by a certain airline of distaste...

Looks like someone wants the share price to fall, one can only assume that certain people want the sky to be orange.

Goddamn Easyjet.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 233
Location : London, UK. Nearest Base: STN -- HOME OF LOW FARES!
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down