Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flights within Spain - apparently you need your passport

4 posters

Go down

Flights within Spain - apparently you need your passport Empty Flights within Spain - apparently you need your passport

Post by steve Sun 22 Feb 2009 - 8:47

http://www.roundtownnews.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18204&Itemid=9
steve
steve
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Flights within Spain - apparently you need your passport Empty Re: Flights within Spain - apparently you need your passport

Post by amnesia Sun 22 Feb 2009 - 11:44

Passport in Spain. Bull... all of you knows what Wink Almost every of my Eauropean flown flight was taken by national ID. Even between Teneriffe and Dublin, spanish staff was looking misteriously, probable she didn't know where Poland is - I said it's European Union, so she let me in Very Happy The only idea I'm getting this moment, that those guy placed his passport into web check-in, otherwise his national ID was looking like a piece of toilet paper and staff wanted to check him with other valid ID document.
BTW My friend has a similar problem. She was promotor of a party which took a place several days after 9/11. Huge english DJ should play there. The guy flown out from London, but when he arrived into Poland, he was forced to come back, as polish security didn't let him in. Reason? Passport looked like it was under water for a day, some dog ate it twice and train stopped on it for a week Wink
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Flights within Spain - apparently you need your passport Empty Re: Flights within Spain - apparently you need your passport

Post by King of Ryanland Sun 22 Feb 2009 - 13:14

Well I think spanish ground staff are quite the worst you can get in Europe! Often they are very rude and try to make rules that do not exist, just to make your journey a misery.
Once I was flying home to Basel from Girona with a friend and believe it or not, the guy checking our online check-in boarding passes (with priority boarding) told my friend that priority boarding was not available to Non-EU nationals and that he should queue up in the "normal passengers line". I gave the gate agent quite a few firm sentences about Ryanair terms and conditions, which made him look quite pale for a moment, and luckily he soon noticed that he was going to get nowhere playing his little game with us. (Why on earth they do this is a mystery to me!) Anyway he let us pass without mumbling anything anymore and we got onboard quickly.
Bloody idiot! How dare he! Wink
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sun 22 Feb 2009 - 14:04

The Ryanair website gives clear informations as to what form of ID is needed in order to travel on a FR flight :
What photo-ID do I need ?
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=pid&quest=photoid
Do I need a passport ?
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=pas&quest=passport
Do I need a visa ?
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=pas&quest=visa

What photo-Id do I need?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All passengers must present valid photo identification to check-in for all flights.

The only acceptable forms of photo-ID on Ryanair flights are:

A valid passport (passport for travel outside the EEA must have six months validity beyond the date of entry).
A valid National Identity Card issued by the government of a European Economic Area (EEA) country. Only the following countries from the EEA issue National Identity Cards which are acceptable for carriage: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden (for travel within the Schengen area only) and Switzerland.
For British and Irish citizens who are travelling on flights to/from the United Kingdom, to/from the Republic of Ireland (Common Travel Area), a valid driving licence with photo is acceptable photo ID. Passengers who are citizens of other countries travelling on these routes must present a valid passport (with visa if applicable) or a National Identity Card issued either by the government of a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland.
A valid driving licence with photo is acceptable photo ID for travel on domestic flights. (Please note that driving licences are not accepted when passengers are using online check-in)
In accordance with Article 28(1) of the 1951 UN Convention, a valid UN Refugee Convention Travel Document issued by a Government in place of a valid passport is acceptable.
In accordance with Article 27 of the 1954 UN Convention for Stateless Persons, a valid Convention Travel Document issued by a contracting state in place of a valid passport.
N.B. Children under 16 years (including infants) travelling with an adult are required to have photo-ID when travelling on flights between EEA countries. Acceptable photo-ID for children under 16 is either a valid passport or a valid National Identity Card issued by an EEA country. Children must always be travelling with the adult named on a visa vignette, if visa is applicable.

Photo-ID is not required for children when travelling with an adult if:

Children under 16 are travelling between the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland or on domestic flights within either the United Kingdom or Ireland
Children under 16 who are included on the passport of the parent with whom they are travelling.
German children under 10 are in possession of a valid German Government Kinderausweis travel document.
German, French and Spanish children under 14 in possession of a birth certificate and or valid Family Book when travelling on domestic flights within Spain, France and Germany only.
Italian children up to the age of 15 years who are in possession of a valid Certificato Di Nascita which has been endorsed as "VALIDO PER L'ESPATRIO" valid for travel and signed by "IL QUESTORE" subject to acceptance for entry to your destination.
Residence cards, family books, seaman books or military id cards etc. will NOT be accepted for travel in place of the required valid photo-ID detailed above.

Expired or damaged forms of photo-ID will not be accepted for any flight.
Failure to present valid photo-ID matching the names on your reservation will result in your being refused check-in without refund.

The catch is that the British citizens don't have an identification card, as it does not exist in GB. Too bad for them ...
In most European countries, each citizen is issued an Identification Card and can ask also a passport (necessary for some countries out of European Union or on other continents)
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sun 22 Feb 2009 - 22:02

atoutprix wrote:What photo-Id do I need?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All passengers must present valid photo identification to check-in for all flights.

A valid driving licence with photo is acceptable photo ID for travel on domestic flights. (Please note that driving licences are not accepted when passengers are using online check-in) .........

Residence cards, family books, seaman books or military id cards etc. will NOT be accepted for travel in place of the required valid photo-ID detailed above.

If I'm in Spain and flying (say) from Alicante to Madrid then, without a doubt, I am on a domestic flight and my driving licence should suffice - but the Spanish may not accept this on an RA (non-Spanish airline) flight.

In the same way that passenger information details (API) is required to enter Spain then maybe RA need to qualify the local requirements when making an RA "domestic" flight within Spain on a non-Spanish airline.

On the residence card requirement I have Spanish residencia and NIE but RA/Spanish Authorities may reject these as valid for RA flights, but I have no problem in using these on Spanair from Alicante to Barcelona maybe once a fortnight.
steve
steve
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Flights within Spain - apparently you need your passport Empty Get Passports

Post by Benjamin Tue 31 Aug 2010 - 13:31

While I embarked on my scholastic journey in Information Technology and Information Systems, I knew very little regarding data processing.

Anonymous
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down