Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surcharges on flights to Spain ?

+2
Ryanairflyer
atoutprix
6 posters

Go down

Surcharges on flights to Spain ? Empty Surcharges on flights to Spain ?

Post by atoutprix Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 10:06

http://www.independent.ie/travel/travel-news/ryanair-threatens-surcharge-on-flights-to-spain-3087487.html

Ryanair is threatening to impose a surcharge on flights to Spain in an escalating row over airport fees.
The airline sent an email to customers this week warning them of the backdated fare.
“We may be forced to debit passengers for any government imposed increases in airport charges prior to your travel date,” its message read.
The Spanish government is currently considering proposals to double fees at the country’s two main airports in Madrid and Barcelona, according to Michael O’Leary, Ryanair’s chief executive.
He added that passengers who did not want to pay the extra charge would be permitted to cancel their flight and receive a full refund.

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Surcharges on flights to Spain ? Empty Re: Surcharges on flights to Spain ?

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 15:08

I did recieve this -

Travel date - 26th-28th April - MAN-PMI-MAN

Dear Customer

In relation to your flight reference *********

Ryanair has been advised by the Spanish Government of a budgetary proposal to increase airport charges later this month.

In accordance with our General Terms and Conditions of Travel* we are advising customers with a reservation that includes a flight departing from a Spanish airport that we may be forced to debit passengers for any government imposed increases in airport charges prior to your travel date.

Once the Spanish government budget is published Ryanair will advise affected passengers by email of any additional airport charges that may apply to your reservation before any charges are made.

Please see our website for updates regarding increases in Spanish airport charges.

Yours sincerely

Ryanair Customer Service

• 4.2.2 Taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed after the date that your reservation has been made. If any such tax, fee or charge is introduced or increased after your reservation has been made you will be obliged to pay it (or any increase) prior to departure. Similarly, if any such tax, fee or charge is abolished or reduced such that it no longer applies to you, or a lesser amount is due, you will be entitled to claim a refund of the difference from us.

The message is pretty vague- is the charge both ways or just from a spanish airport

Ryanair has emailed customers to warn them of the possible surcharge, giving them the option to cancel their flights if they wish.

I have not been offered the chance to cancel flights at this time, Personally this will depend on the charge/s applied(i paid under £8 each way so the fee will need to be high to deter me), if it is silly money i may consider the option when available. i have heard it is approx €1.65 which if it is will keep me flying. I think additional charges should be met by the airline not customers who have already booked a flight/s pre budget, bookings made after the budget ok will include the final fee which gives the customer the option.
A interesting situation ahead of us.

Spain do not upset the tourist- They may just Boycott your country this summer with £Billions€ lost and more unemployment.

I hour ago - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2133868/Ryanair-pass-Spain-landing-fee-hike-passengers-bought-tickets.html
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Influcid7 Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 12:33

The surcharges are back, today i've got this email:
Dear Customer,

The Spanish 2012 budget was passed into law on Saturday 30 June, as a result all airlines are obliged, with effect from 1 July onwards to collect increased Spanish airport departure taxes from all passengers booked on flights after that date.

It appears that the increased Spanish airport departure tax may also apply retrospectively to customers who booked flights before the 2nd July 2012 and are travelling from the 1st July onwards.

In accordance with Ryanair's General Terms and Conditions of Travel (Article 4.2.2) we hereby advise passengers that we may be forced to debit passengers for the increased airport departure tax imposed by the Spanish government for all flights departing from Spain which were booked before the 2nd July 2012 for travel from the 1st July 2012 onwards.

Once the Spanish authorities confirm whether the increased airport departure tax applies retrospectively (as set out above), Ryanair will notify passengers by email of the additional charges applicable to their pre 2nd July booking. Passengers not wishing to accept the additional tax will have the option to cancel their flight and receive a full refund.

N.B. All new flight bookings departing from Spanish airports made on or after the 2nd July are not affected by this retrospective clause as the increased departure tax has already been included in the purchased flight price.
Influcid7
Influcid7
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 14:54

One day we will be told a true figure and how much the charges will be.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Influcid7 Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 9:53

http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/gops/120706-sp_apt_tax_en-GB here it comes
Influcid7
Influcid7
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Surcharges on flights to Spain ? Empty credit card expiration.

Post by randywf Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 0:22

What happens if the credit card given for the reservation has already expired, and i want to give another card number?
thanks
randywf
randywf
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 10:49

Surcharges on flights to Spain ? Spanishtaxxharges
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Surcharges on flights to Spain ? Empty Credit card expired

Post by chris27 Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 17:13

I have the same problem , the credit card used for booking is expired and i cannot contact Ryanair by phone to give new one or have some informations . If someone have a response , please give us.
chris27
chris27
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 6:41

Flight no.1: BLQ » ACE
Departure date: September 18

Flight no.2 » ACE » BLQ
Departure date: September 25

On May 28 i've purchased 4 ticket (round trip x 2 pax) and i've paid Eur 259,96 with a Visa debit card.

At the end of June i've read the bad news into the Surcharges on flights to Spain ? 870117 website about these new surcharges, so i've waited the confirm about theirs retroactivity till last week, when it's been punctually confirmed.

On July 11 i've recieved an email by Surcharges on flights to Spain ? 870117 from this email addres:
administration@receipt.ryanair.com
The company has suggested to me the possibility to request the refund of the entire amount just filling the relative request into the Surcharges on flights to Spain ? 870117 website...i've filled and sent the request the day after (July 12) and with my great surprise (ironic...we know about how slow is Surcharges on flights to Spain ? 870117 for money refunds and similar) i've found the entire amount i've paid before in my debit card yesterday (July 15)! cheers

I know...my history is not useful to who has asked about payments and refunds with expired credit card; i only have shared my experience because in topic. Maybe it's possible to contact the email address i've posted for find a solution.
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down