Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first time user

4 posters

Go down

first time user Empty first time user

Post by ray.jefford Tue 5 May 2009 - 19:45

I am looking at possibly using ryan air for the first time to fly to Ibiza.
It is very similar to most airlines selecting flights until you come to the
confirm flights section. Here I find it confusing in comparison.
After selecting flights you are given a total cost including taxes
and then proceed to make your booking.
The main difference in baggage appears to be the allowance
which with ryanair is 15kilos and you have to pay a cost
of £15 per kilo for excess, is this one way or payable again on return?
Also the online check-in/airport check-in, are these all extra costs?
All I want to know are the extras after selectig my flights and any
help to make sure that I don't encounter problems at the airport.
I have booked many times with other airlines with no problems and
want to make sure of booking correctly.
Many thanks,
ray
ray.jefford
ray.jefford
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

first time user Empty Re: first time user

Post by don_salvatore87 Wed 6 May 2009 - 0:07

Excess baggage fee's are paid one-way only.

Ryanair is a very basic airline, you pay for the service you want to use. Do you want to check in at the airport (extra cost) or check -in online?

If you want to check in at the airport (only available for booking until 15 May) then you will have to pay 10€ one-way or 20€ return for airport check-in, the check-in for your flight opens 2 hrs before departure and close 40 mins before departure.
If you want to check-in a bag then add 10€ for this (20€ return)
Observe that these fees will be doubled if you add these services to your reservation after the time of booking e.g at the airport ticket desk or call center. If you add these services after the time of booking using the online "Manage my booking" on Ryanairs website then you will only have to pay the original fee.

When checking in luggage you only have an allowance of 15kgs regardless of how many bags you book, people in your booking etc.
There are some exceptions e.g sport bags, musical equip. (Extra fees for these)
E.g if you have booked 1 bag to check in this bag can only weigh maximum 15kgs, if you book 2 bags under your name than the combined weight of these is maximum 15kg.

If you want to check-in online you need an computer with internet connection and a printer. Check-in online for your flight at www.ryanair.com from 2 weeks until 4hrs before departure. When booking the ticket, if you choose to check-in online and only carry hand luggage then the check-in online service will be free of charge.
If you want to check-in online and check in a bag then you will have to pay a web-checkin fee of 5€ oneway (10€ return) + 10€ bag fee (20€ return) Observe that these fees will be doubled if these services will be added to your reservation after the time of booking at a call center or ticket desk.

If you have checked in online and chosen hand baggage only and at the airport decided to check-in a bag then you will have to pay for Airport Check-in + bag fee (20€+20€) (After time of booking at airport prices)

Please note that airport check-in is only available during an limited time as Ryanair are moving into an "Web check in" only service, (I think the date is set to 15 May, but not completely sure)
don_salvatore87
don_salvatore87
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 144
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden, closest airport: Gothenburg City Airport
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

first time user Empty electric bycicle

Post by 6333t Tue 19 May 2009 - 8:58

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can take a electric bycicle with you on a Ryanair flight?

Please inform me
6333t
6333t
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by don_salvatore87 Tue 19 May 2009 - 23:05

What kind of battery is it? Wet cell or dry cell?
don_salvatore87
don_salvatore87
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 144
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden, closest airport: Gothenburg City Airport
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Wed 20 May 2009 - 11:11

From
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=bag&quest=prohibitedchecked

What items are prohibited in checked in baggage?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explosives, including detonators, fuses, grenades, mines and explosives. Gases: propane, butane. Flammable liquids, including gasoline, methanol, flammable solids and reactive substances, including magnesium, firelighters, fireworks, flares. Oxidizers and organic peroxides, including bleach, car body repair kits. Toxic or infectious substances, including rat poison, infected blood, radioactive material, including medicinal or commercial isotopes. Corrosives, including mercury, vehicle batteries, and vehicle fuel system components which have contained fuel.

Guns, firearms, ammunition and weapons (including replica items), paints, Christmas crackers, items with internal combustion engines such as chainsaws, model aircraft, lawnmowers, etc., may not be carried in any baggage (whether checked or unchecked)

Note: Any sharp objects in checked-in baggage should be securely wrapped to prevent injury to screeners and handling personnel.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down